Why aren't the Bush Tax Cuts Working?

A. There were no tax cuts, instead they decided not to raise taxes. Which as you no doubt know, was what would have happened if they had not extended the BTCs. It done by Pres Obama and the dems before the GOP took control of the House, if you don't like it, blame the Dems. But even Obama himself said that to raise taxes in this environment would have been a bad idea.

B. Nobody promised more jobs when the BTCs were extended, it was done to preclude further loss of jobs and head off another recession. That 700-800 billion that the BTCs cost for the top income earners is spread over 10 years, seems like you're trying to imply the entire cost should have an immediate effect.

The Bush tax cuts were supposed to create jobs. They were passed in what, 2001-3? How long does it take?

You should check the BLS employment numbers from 2003 - 2008. Up until the shit hit the fan, those tax cuts worked pretty well.

Why are you ignoring 2001-2003?

I didn't see a list of regulations in that link.

Research it yourself. Maybe Whitehouse.gov has a list.

I thought someone claimed there were 600 new regulations. My bad.

BTW, Investors Business Daily is a highly respected publication. They don't lie.

OK. Surely if they don't lie then, these regulations must exist. Surely no one would draw any conclusions about them without reading what they were.

So lets see them.

They were extended 8 months ago, when Obama caved in to the GOP's demands.

Weren't they supposed to create jobs? Wasn't another 800 billion dollar's worth of budget busting supposed to be worth it,

for the jobs?

The Bush Tax Cuts expired. The current tax system belongs to the Big 0.

Why aren't the Bush Tax Cuts Working?

Weren't they supposed to create jobs? Wasn't another 800 billion dollar's worth of budget busting supposed to be worth it,

for the jobs?

LAtlantic-bowshot.jpg

"They worked for ME!!"

A. There were no tax cuts, instead they decided not to raise taxes. Which as you no doubt know, was what would have happened if they had not extended the BTCs. It done by Pres Obama and the dems before the GOP took control of the House, if you don't like it, blame the Dems. But even Obama himself said that to raise taxes in this environment would have been a bad idea.

B. Nobody promised more jobs when the BTCs were extended, it was done to preclude further loss of jobs and head off another recession. That 700-800 billion that the BTCs cost for the top income earners is spread over 10 years, seems like you're trying to imply the entire cost should have an immediate effect.

The Bush tax cuts were supposed to create jobs. They were passed in what, 2001-3? How long does it take?

In 2007, when Nancy and Harry took power, 150.6 Americans had jobs.

After 4 years of Democrat Economic wizardry, 139.2 Americans have jobs.

Your party is doing great!

for the jobs?

What ever Economic Growth and News Jobs realized by the lower tax rates happened long ago.

Last edited:

In 2007, when Nancy and Harry took power, 150.6 Americans had jobs.

After 4 years of Democrat Economic wizardry, 139.2 Americans have jobs.

Your party is doing great!

How much did Nancy and Harry raise taxes?

for the jobs?

Obama didn't "cave in" to Republicans demands. Republicans held unemployment for millions of Americans hostage just before Christmas. Obama just couldn't stand to see millions of Americans suffer.

Republicans, on the other hand, don't give a shit. It's why they are fighting disaster relief to suffering Americans. Republicans have the rich to take care of. Only the rich aren't "taking care" back.

Unemployment benefits: not until Bush tax cuts pass, Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

Its childish to expect people to actually know what a regulation says before deciding if they are for or against it?

My bad.

As my Pastor often says: "Go from the presence of a foolish man, when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge."

In other words; I should'nt waste my time arguing with a Jackass.

Tax cuts are a stimulus not a guarantor of a thriving economy.

for the jobs?

Obamacare.

Ok I have to say it.

I am going to use an Obama Defense.

Things would be much worse if not for the Tax cuts. The jobs they added helped keep us from a Depression.

See how that works. :)

Forum List

Back