Why Are Women Attracted to Shy Guys?

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
As a teenager up until I was about 24 I was first a painfully shy and then gradually just a shy person. I would never initiate a conversation with a girl/woman. Looking back I realized that I never lacked for female companionship. I can understand why women would be attracted to a guy that was confident and outgoing but I never understood why women were attracted to shy guys. What is it about the shy guy that makes women bolder?

As a teenager up until I was about 24 I was first a painfully shy and then gradually just a shy person. I would never initiate a conversation with a girl/woman. Looking back I realized that I never lacked for female companionship. I can understand why women would be attracted to a guy that was confident and outgoing but I never understood why women were attracted to shy guys. What is it about the shy guy that makes women bolder?

But seriously, it's a great gambit

What chick doesn't like to talk about herself, the quieter you are, the more she gets that opportunity.

LOL... Guess that leaves the older Asclepias with fewer choices now a'days !!!!

But I know what you are saying. Happened with me also. What I learned from that was that as a result of my low-key mating drive -- the PARENTS loved me. Trusted me implicitly with their daughters. Would toss me a key to the house when they went to Cancun type of thing. Really happened because I was looking for "long term" connections -- not because I was especially shy tho..

Being a quiet/shy type it's not been my experience women are drawn to me for it. :)

LOL... Guess that leaves the older Asclepias with fewer choices now a'days !!!!

But I know what you are saying. Happened with me also. What I learned from that was that as a result of my low-key mating drive -- the PARENTS loved me. Trusted me implicitly with their daughters. Would toss me a key to the house when they went to Cancun type of thing. Really happened because I was looking for "long term" connections -- not because I was especially shy tho..
Of course. I am married now. That doesnt stop women from expressing interest but it does leave me with only 1 option.

My first girlfriends parent was the only parent that trusted me as a teenager. Might be because they could tell I didnt have a low key mating drive. I was just afraid to lay the groundwork.

What chick doesn't like to talk about herself, the quieter you are, the more she gets that opportunity.

You must have only gone out with stupid mindless chicks then. Only intelligent women talk about things of interest whereas stupid ones rattle on endlessly about silly mundane shit all about themselves. It's why men refer to it as bitching, and women are, and men are justified in recognizing it as such. Besides anyone, man or woman, who talks about themselves continuously are self centered and have no interest in the other party. Not a good impression and the reason most relationships fail. An appropriate relationship needs to be a fifty fifty proposition in order to be successful.

You must have only gone out with stupid mindless chicks then. Only intelligent women talk about things of interest whereas stupid ones rattle on endlessly about silly mundane shit all about themselves. It's why men refer to it as bitching, and women are, and men are justified in recognizing it as such. Besides anyone, man or woman, who talks about themselves continuously are self centered and have no interest in the other party. Not a good impression and the reason most relationships fail. An appropriate relationship needs to be a fifty fifty proposition in order to be successful.

Ok, right, I see

Go on, I just love listening to you.

I would disagree with a portion of your post. Everyone I have met on this planet so far is self centered. Being shy afforded me the opportunity to observe human nature extensively. I use the natural instinct of humans to be about themselves to my advantage to this day. I remember having a phone interview that lasted almost an hour. Five minutes of that interview was spent on 2 questions that I answered. I interrupted the interviewer and asked 1 question about him personally and that was the rest of the interview. I was immediately hired.

I would disagree with a portion of your post. Everyone I have met on this planet so far is self centered. Being shy afforded me the opportunity to observe human nature extensively. I use the natural instinct of humans to be about themselves to my advantage to this day. I remember having a phone interview that lasted almost an hour. Five minutes of that interview was spent on 2 questions that I answered. I interrupted the interviewer and asked 1 question about him personally and that was the rest of the interview. I was immediately hired.

So, you've never met a single soul who wasn't selfcentered, huh? While a rare occasion, it does happen. To say every human, except for you, is quite a stretch, or arrogant. Not sure which it is much you must not get out much. Either that, or the arrogant conclusion is spot on.

So, you've never met a single soul who wasn't selfcentered, huh? While a rare occasion, it does happen. To say every human, except for you, is quite a stretch, or arrogant. Not sure which it is much you must not get out much. Either that, or the arrogant conclusion is spot on.
That was a great attempt at a strawman but let me set fire to it. Where did I say I wasnt self centered?

I agree completely darling.....

What's that? Oh, my remastered Barry White album.

Don't let that stop you, please continue while I dim the lights and rub your temples.

really? I never found myself attracted to shy guys.
I always like the flirtatious ones... not cocky and brazen, but smart and subtle.... but not shy...

I always like the flirtatious ones... not cocky and brazen, but smart and subtle.... but not shy...
I'm sure I missed out on a lot of women that are of the same makeup as you are. Matter of fact when my wife found out how shy I used to be she admitted we would have never hooked up.

How do you feel about Barry White?

(Hoping this is a chick)

(Hoping this is a chick)

I am indeed a chick (female.. not foul...) ;)

Barry White has an amazing and sexy voice....

Women are only attracted to shy guys if they are good looking, AND if they have a very smiley and lovely disposition.

All other shy guys are exempt from eligibility.

My experience is the other way. Growing up as a teenager I had lots of girlfriends and I consider myself aggressive ( appropriately ) when it come to approaching or dealing with girls. I have several friends that are shy but it's hard for them to get a girlfriend because girls wants to have fun. On the other side they are tougher and play better sports than me. Then again all girls and boys are not the same.

My experience is the other way. Growing up as a teenager I had lots of girlfriends and I consider myself aggressive ( appropriately ) when it come to approaching or dealing with girls. I have several friends that are shy but it's hard for them to get a girlfriend because girls wants to have fun. On the other side they are tougher and play better sports than me. Then again all girls and boys are not the same.
I only had 2 girlfriends in all my teenage years but I had a lot of girls that hit on me and or told me later as an adult they really liked me specifically because I was shy. I was always slightly envious (and exhausted) of guys like you that got the women and juggled them with ease. I did play sports which gave me instant popularity so I always assumed that was why any girls liked me. :laugh:

(Hoping this is a chick)

I am indeed a chick (female.. not foul...) ;)

Barry White has an amazing and sexy voice....

Then, how about we share some wine while I listen about your busy busy day!

Lol

Forum List

Back