Why are the 10 Poorest Cities in the World all From Black Africa???

I lectured at a historically black university. The students were generally better than the students at the predominantly white university.
"better" what does that mean :lol:

Because Africa was the last of the world to be colonized by westerners, Africa had the least contact with the principles of western civilization that create wealth and prosperity.
What an idiotic and misguided statement.

The people of Africa.....and for that matter China, India, Asia, and the Middle East.....all had functioning and vibrant civilizations before the Europeans invaded and destroyed their way of life.

Basically, enslaving the people and stealing their natural resources.

And forcing the indigenous people into poverty and servitude to their European colonial masters for centuries. .. :doubt:

The European exploitation of colonial lands still negatively impacts these regions.

They left behind despotic regimes, political vacuums, and chaos.

The bed wetters just think it's Bush's fault though.

Exactly the same way as the exploitation and slavery still negatively impacts blacks in America.

And it is still George W. Bush's fault.

I lectured at a historically black university. The students were generally better than the students at the predominantly white university.
"better" what does that mean :lol:

It means that they generally did better work. They were better prepared. They were more disciplined and more mature.
Well this is a first, I was under the impression that blacks did poorly in school

European imperialism in Asia included:
Hong Kong
India
Singapore
Malaysia
Indonesia
Philippines
Vietnam
and even China

Many of those countries have moved on after their time as a colony and some are doing quite well. Funny.

It means that they generally did better work. They were better prepared. They were more disciplined and more mature.
Well this is a first, I was under the impression that blacks did poorly in school

You should get out more.
I don't know, should I believe you and your little story or the facts?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2-tyJHJcEI]50% OF BLACK KIDS ARE DROPPING OUT OF SCHOOL - YouTube[/ame]

This has the potential to be interesting if you all can address the OP and stop bickering like 3rd graders.

C'mon. You've been here nearly four years. You should know better.

Yes, I have and yes the thread could be interesting. The reason why has nothing to do with color, or intellect. It runs far deeper than that, and has everything to do with the human condition and human nature.

I find it amazing, and amusing that the liberals here resort to accusations of racism in an effort to shut down a legitimate question. Idiots like shootspeeders and tank are one dimensional creatures. They only have a single thought and you guys pound on them as if they mean anything.

They are buffoons and no one in their right mind pays them the slightest attention. Instead address the OP. It IS an interesting question, and it's root cause go's back centuries.

This has the potential to be interesting if you all can address the OP and stop bickering like 3rd graders.

Yes, I have and yes the thread could be interesting. The reason why has nothing to do with color, or intellect. It runs far deeper than that, and has everything to do with the human condition and human nature.

I find it amazing, and amusing that the liberals here resort to accusations of racism in an effort to shut down a legitimate question. Idiots like shootspeeders and tank are one dimensional creatures. They only have a single thought and you guys pound on them as if they mean anything.

They are buffoons and no one in their right mind pays them the slightest attention. Instead address the OP. It IS an interesting question, and it's root cause go's back centuries.

Look at the OP again.

Where does that fall on your spectrum? That was not a legitimate question. Are you unaware that Ghook93 is at home among Shootspeeders and Tank?

This is a troll thread. Period.

Last edited:

Look at the OP again.

Where does that fall on your spectrum? That was not a legitimate question. Are you unaware that Ghook93 is at home among Shootspeeders and Tank?

Good for him. Once again ignore the messenger and look at the message. Ask yourself a question, is the claim true? If the answer is yes, then does it matter if the OP is a silly person? Africa is one of the wealthiest continents on the planet, it has more mineral wealth than any place but Siberia. With all of that wealth, why then is the entire continent so backward?

All fault can't be laid at the feet of the white imperialists (though a great deal certainly should) and after the 1960's when tremendous amounts of money were invested why did that have so little effect?

These are serious questions and until liberals are willing to ask them, and answer them truthfully, Africa will remain a backward continent. It's as simple as that.

Because Africa was the last of the world to be colonized by westerners, Africa had the least contact with the principles of western civilization that create wealth and prosperity.

The last, huh? :bs1: This will come as quite a shock to Alexander the Great. And the Phoenicans. And the Romans.

Actually it's more the opposite-- Africa was the last continent to break free of colonialism, a nice word for one culture barging in and exporting natural resources out of another. Including people, which had never been done before.

So other than being utterly and completely wrong, good point. If your point is ethnocentric bullshit.

Last edited:
[

Pretty simple. many third world nations are steeped in corruption. The powerful elite keep the respective nation's wealth for themselves while the common people live in abject poverty.

That's what we're always told but that's not the real reason. Africans have 70ish IQs and even honest officials can not overcome that. Africa is doomed to third world status unless a massive eugenics program is implemented.

Margaret Sanger ring a bell? Margaret Sanger was a Leftist Democrat Progressive who wanted to do just that, not only in Africa, but also in America to purify and improve the black race. She was honored recently at a Democratic forum.
And they call republicans racists.

The people of Africa.....and for that matter China, India, Asia, and the Middle East.....all had functioning and vibrant civilizations before the Europeans invaded and destroyed their way of life.

And forcing the indigenous people into poverty and servitude to their European colonial masters for centuries. .. :doubt:

The European exploitation of colonial lands still negatively impacts these regions.

They left behind despotic regimes, political vacuums, and chaos.

The bed wetters just think it's Bush's fault though.

That's utter bullshit. How do you explain Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia, which were all colonies?

Your history is a little mixed up if not wrong. The last great civilization coming out of Africa was Egypt, and that was over 3000 years ago. And Egypt isn't really considered Africa either. They call themselves Arabs and identify themselves with their Middle Eastern counterparts.

I personally think that because Africa was always an after thought when great civilizations like the Persians, Romans, Greeks, etc., who were always more focused on Europe and the Middle East, came and went.

Plus Africa was never really in the middle of any trade or spice routes (and they didn't really have anything the world wanted to get its hands on), they didn't therefore benefit from any advances being made elsewhere in the world. And since they weren't as involved in defending themselves from invaders in other words WAR, (which usually indirectly causes a civilization to make technological advances) they were left alone. By the time the "outside world" came to visit them, it wasn't with any good intentions.

Look at the OP again.

Good for him. Once again ignore the messenger and look at the message. Ask yourself a question, is the claim true? If the answer is yes, then does it matter if the OP is a silly person? Africa is one of the wealthiest continents on the planet, it has more mineral wealth than any place but Siberia. With all of that wealth, why then is the entire continent so backward?

All fault can't be laid at the feet of the white imperialists (though a great deal certainly should) and after the 1960's when tremendous amounts of money were invested why did that have so little effect?

These are serious questions and until liberals are willing to ask them, and answer them truthfully, Africa will remain a backward continent. It's as simple as that.

You know......you still have not made an attempt to answer the question. You suggest that their is an answer and that liberals are failing to reach it due to dishonesty.

What is it?

And yet you find the same dynamic even when it's not Africa. Look at Haiti, the only example fo a successful slave revolt in the western hemisphere. The country has been poor and miserable ever since.
I posted this observation several years ago:that countries, and even US cities ruled over by blacks simply do not have a good track record of increasing wealth and prosperity for their citizens. I was of course called a racist, even though I do not necessarily attribute the phenomenon to race. I would be curious if there is some better explanation. It can hardly be culture.

Uh-- really?

Read the thread title. What's the function of the word "black"? :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back