Why are so many Professing Christians Drawn to Paganism?

michael39

Dec 19, 2010
Jeremiah 10
1 Hear the word which the LORD speaks to you, O house of Israel.
2 Thus says the LORD:

“ Do not learn the way of the Gentiles;
Do not be dismayed at the signs of heaven,
For the Gentiles are dismayed at them.
3 For the customs of the peoples are futile;
For one cuts a tree from the forest,
The work of the hands of the workman, with the ax.
4 They decorate it with silver and gold;
They fasten it with nails and hammers
So that it will not topple.
5 They are upright, like a palm tree,
And they cannot speak;
They must be carried,
Because they cannot go by themselves.
Do not be afraid of them,
For they cannot do evil,
Nor can they do any good.”
6 Inasmuch as there is none like You, O LORD
(You are great, and Your name is great in might),
7 Who would not fear You, O King of the nations?
For this is Your rightful due.
For among all the wise men of the nations,
And in all their kingdoms,
There is none like You.
8 But they are altogether dull-hearted and foolish;
A wooden idol is a worthless doctrine.
9 Silver is beaten into plates;
It is brought from Tarshish,
And gold from Uphaz,
The work of the craftsman
And of the hands of the metalsmith;
Blue and purple are their clothing;
They are all the work of skillful men.
10 But the LORD is the true God;
He is the living God and the everlasting King.
At His wrath the earth will tremble,
And the nations will not be able to endure His indignation.

Jeremiah 10 condemns idolatry, both in the letter and in the spirit, whether a physical idol or an idolatrous tradition based upon HEATHEN CUSTOMS like the "Christmas tree" that history clearly exposes as pagan in origin. Those who adorn their Christmas trees and remain in denial about its pagan origin, who play deaf, dumb and blind to the facts, who attempt to dismiss or downplay how it's a heathen custom, are living a lie and shamefully reject the clear commandments of God that speak against such spiritual adultery, mixing and matching pagan error with biblical truth, and will suffer the consequences for being so dishonest and deceitful.

Pagan holidays like Christmas and pagan customs like Christmas trees are both abominations to God. True Christians shun both, we avoid them like the plague, because we love God more than idolatrous traditions of apostate men!

Brb, giving up Christianity so I can be as unhappy as michael39.

Dude, are you familiar with AKR and Large Emu?

Maybe it is because most of those christians are actually agnostics??

The beauty of agnosticism reflects the truth about man's understanding of the world around him. It is composed of those that do not know and wish to understand. Noting this, it is surprising for people dedicated to a particualr belief(or atheistic following) to rail against agnostics. The bottomline is the following:Your "beliefs" are not convincing--that is why so many people have doubts!

Agnostics are honest with themselves! They honestly do not know and wonder how someone can be so sure of an answer without verifiable evidence. In short, the only honest theologian is an agnostic one!!

Last edited:
<< Romans 14 >>
New American Standard Bible 5One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind. 6He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God. 7For not one of us lives for himself, and not one dies for himself; 8for if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord; therefore whether we live or die, we are the Lord&#8217;s. 9For to this end Christ died and lived again, that He might be Lord both of the dead and of the living. 10But you, why do you judge your brother? Or you again, why do you regard your brother with contempt? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God.
11For it is written,
&#8220;AS I LIVE, SAYS THE LORD, EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW TO ME,
AND EVERY TONGUE SHALL GIVE PRAISE TO GOD.&#8221;

A Christian who "converts" to paganism was never a Christian to begin with.

A Christian who "converts" to paganism was never a Christian to begin with.

I don't know about that, AB.

Alot of people "convert" from one religion to another due to the first religion not meeting something significant to that individual. For people that grew up christian and then converting to something else, christianity did not meet their needs.

Kind of put a hole in the concept that "you are not happy until you find Jesus", does it not? Some people learned about Jesus since they were kids, find themselves unhappy, and then look elsewhere!!

Christmas is not pagan. You can prattle on about it all you want. But you just look ridiculous.

Why do the Christians celebrate paganism? Simple.......after the Romans sacked and burned Jerusalem and destroyed the Temple, they saw that the religion the Jews had was a very good one, and they wanted to take it back to Rome and have everyone else follow it as well.

Only trouble is.........most of Rome at the time was pagans. What happened next is the shifting of Yeshua's (Jesus') birthday from late fall to the time of the Winter Solstice. Additionally, they adopted the birthday of Odin (December 25th) to represent Yeshua's birthday.

They did the same thing with Easter btw........that's why sometimes Passover comes AFTER Easter. Ever wonder about the sunrise service? It's actually an observance of the solstice.

As far as Santa Clause? He's actually a Siberian shaman who fed his reindeer Amantia Muscaria mushrooms to make them fly.........

Christmas decorations and Santa Claus

Fly agarics appear on Christmas cards and New Year cards from around the world as a symbol of good luck.[131] The ethnobotanist Jonathan Ott has suggested that the idea of Santa Claus and tradition of hanging stockings over the fireplace is based centrally upon the fly agaric mushroom itself.[81] With its generally red and white color scheme, he argues that Santa Claus's suit is related to the mushroom. He also draws parallels with flying reindeer: reindeer had been reported to consume the mushroom and prance around in an intoxicated manner afterwards.[132] American ethnopharmacologist Scott Hajicek-Dobberstein, researching possible links between religious myths and the red mushroom, notes, "If Santa Claus had but one eye [like Odin], or if magic urine had been a part of his legend, his connection to the Amanita muscaria would be much easier to believe.".[133]

The connection was reported to a much wider audience with an article in the magazine of The Sunday Times in 1980,[134] and New Scientist in 1986.[135] Historian Ronald Hutton has since disputed the connection;[136] he noted reindeer spirits did not appear in Siberian mythology, shamans did not travel by sleigh, nor did they wear red and white, or climb out of smoke holes in yurt roofs. Finally, American awareness of Siberian shamanism postdated the appearance of much of the folklore around Santa.[137]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_muscaria

As far as caroling? It's actually an old form of begging called "wassiling".

Christmas was actually outlawed in the colony of Ma. during the early years of this nation due to it's relationship to pagan rites and deities.

I take it as a good sign that the best criticism Christian haters can come up with is that Christmas coincides with pagan celebrations that pre-date the birth of Christ.

People do love their Sacred Cows.
The Encyclopedia Americana, 1942 Edition, Vol. 6, page 623 reads thus . . .

"Christmas. -- It was according to many authorities not celebrated in the first centuries of the Christian church as the Christian usage in general was to celebrate the death of remarkable persons rather than their birth. A feast was established in memory of the birth of the Saviour in the fourth century. In the fifth century the western church (Roman Catholic) ordered it to be celebrated forever on the day of the old Roman feast of the birth of Sol."

image003.jpg

<< Romans 14 >>

New American Standard Bible 5One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind. 6He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God. 7For not one of us lives for himself, and not one dies for himself; 8for if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord; therefore whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. 9For to this end Christ died and lived again, that He might be Lord both of the dead and of the living. 10But you, why do you judge your brother? Or you again, why do you regard your brother with contempt? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God.
11For it is written,
“AS I LIVE, SAYS THE LORD, EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW TO ME,
AND EVERY TONGUE SHALL GIVE PRAISE TO GOD
I repeat
:eusa_pray:

The LORD your God will cut off before you the nations you are about to invade and dispossess. But when you have driven them out and settled in their land, 30 and after they have been destroyed before you, be careful not to be ensnared by inquiring about their gods, saying, &#8220;How do these nations serve their gods? We will do the same.&#8221; 31 You must not worship the LORD your God in their way, because in worshiping their gods, they do all kinds of detestable things the LORD hates. They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire as sacrifices to their gods.

The question is, why do so many who call themselves "Christian", DEMAND that God allow them to worship Him on THEIR terms??

WHY do they follow the pagans in worshiping God as the pagans worship THEIR gods???

Isn't it time we follow Jesus, the prophets, and the apostles? Isn't it time we do the things THEY did, and not follow traditions begun 400 years later??

Last edited:
Christianity spread by absorbing regional paganism - i.e., we celebrate Christmas as the Christian version of the old pagan winter solstice or yule tradition.

Being drawn to paganism for many is a return to one's pre-Roman (hostile) takeover of religion roots.

The LORD your God will cut off before you the nations you are about to invade and dispossess. But when you have driven them out and settled in their land, 30 and after they have been destroyed before you, be careful not to be ensnared by inquiring about their gods, saying, “How do these nations serve their gods? We will do the same.” 31 You must not worship the LORD your God in their way, because in worshiping their gods, they do all kinds of detestable things the LORD hates. They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire as sacrifices to their gods.

The question is, why do so many who call themselves "Christian", DEMAND that God allow them to worship Him on THEIR terms??

WHY do they follow the pagans in worshiping God as the pagans worship THEIR gods???

Isn't it time we follow Jesus, the prophets, and the apostles? Isn't it time we do the things THEY did, and not follow traditions begun 400 years later??

Good questions. All of 'em.

Especially the first one. Yeah.........if it's all One God, then why do the Christians state that the only way one can be saved is via Yeshua. However, that would mean the Jews (God's Chosen People) are left out, as well as the Buddhists, Hindu and other religions.

No. Yeshua ISN'T God. What He was referring to when He stated "the Father and I are One", He was trying to tell us what He knew from the Tanach about God carving off a small piece of Himself and placing it in the embryo created by your parents at the 40 day mark (i.e. installing your soul).

Which makes me wonder about the commandment that states you should not worship other gods or idols.

And it being on the wrong day? Isn't there something in the 10 Commandments about not bearing false witness against your neighbor? I kinda think keeping the day wrong and the lie alive goes against that one.

as a former 'christian' who is now pagan i will tell you why i left the christian church....due to people like you who think everyone else in the world is going to hell or threatened with hellfire or brimstone. the day i left the christian church for good was one of the happiest days of my life...no longer yoked by this false doctrine that condemns others to hell. the spiritual superiority that christians cling to is beyond many, myself included.

pagans have many gods or one god many pagans have no god. accepting that what is ...is....there are no higher powers..and you spend your time on earth and leave....

you christians do understand he is saying that you are not really christians if you celebrate christmas and easter. due to the orginis of these holidays being in pagan beliefs.

as a former 'christian' who is now pagan i will tell you why i left the christian church....due to people like you who think everyone else in the world is going to hell or threatened with hellfire or brimstone. the day i left the christian church for good was one of the happiest days of my life...no longer yoked by this false doctrine that condemns others to hell. the spiritual superiority that christians cling to is beyond many, myself included.

pagans have many gods or one god many pagans have no god. accepting that what is ...is....there are no higher powers..and you spend your time on earth and leave....

you christians do understand he is saying that you are not really christians if you celebrate christmas and easter. due to the orginis of these holidays being in pagan beliefs.

Same reason I became a Taoist, Bones. I couldn't swallow any more of the lies told to me by various people as I grew up (Catholic, Baptist, Lutheran, Episcopalian, just to name a few).

Interesting thing though.........when I quit listening to the Christians, I started to seek out spirituality wherever I could find it, and saw many similarities between Taoist and Judaic beliefs. I also saw the similarities between what Buddha and Yeshua taught people.

It's only when you get into the narrow view of most "Christians" today, who choose not to explore the reasons behind their beliefs that you run into the intolerant bastards.

Jeremiah 10
1 Hear the word which the LORD speaks to you, O house of Israel.
2 Thus says the LORD:

“ Do not learn the way of the Gentiles;
Do not be dismayed at the signs of heaven,
For the Gentiles are dismayed at them.
3 For the customs of the peoples are futile;
For one cuts a tree from the forest,
The work of the hands of the workman, with the ax.
4 They decorate it with silver and gold;
They fasten it with nails and hammers
So that it will not topple.
5 They are upright, like a palm tree,
And they cannot speak;
They must be carried,
Because they cannot go by themselves.
Do not be afraid of them,
For they cannot do evil,
Nor can they do any good.”
6 Inasmuch as there is none like You, O LORD
(You are great, and Your name is great in might),
7 Who would not fear You, O King of the nations?
For this is Your rightful due.
For among all the wise men of the nations,
And in all their kingdoms,
There is none like You.
8 But they are altogether dull-hearted and foolish;
A wooden idol is a worthless doctrine.
9 Silver is beaten into plates;
It is brought from Tarshish,
And gold from Uphaz,
The work of the craftsman
And of the hands of the metalsmith;
Blue and purple are their clothing;
They are all the work of skillful men.
10 But the LORD is the true God;
He is the living God and the everlasting King.
At His wrath the earth will tremble,
And the nations will not be able to endure His indignation.

Jeremiah 10 condemns idolatry, both in the letter and in the spirit, whether a physical idol or an idolatrous tradition based upon HEATHEN CUSTOMS like the "Christmas tree" that history clearly exposes as pagan in origin. Those who adorn their Christmas trees and remain in denial about its pagan origin, who play deaf, dumb and blind to the facts, who attempt to dismiss or downplay how it's a heathen custom, are living a lie and shamefully reject the clear commandments of God that speak against such spiritual adultery, mixing and matching pagan error with biblical truth, and will suffer the consequences for being so dishonest and deceitful.

Pagan holidays like Christmas and pagan customs like Christmas trees are both abominations to God. True Christians shun both, we avoid them like the plague, because we love God more than idolatrous traditions of apostate men!

It's because Santa loves each and every one of us! (Except for the naughty ones).

damn it xox......he loves all of us...he just brings the naughty ones, coal and sticks...well that is black peter but that is a whole nother story

Forum List

Back