Why are so many Professing Christians Drawn to Paganism?

And it being on the wrong day? Isn't there something in the 10 Commandments about not bearing false witness against your neighbor? I kinda think keeping the day wrong and the lie alive goes against that one.
My previous posts address that, as well.
So what if I hold one day as more holy than another

The LORD your God will cut off before you the nations you are about to invade and dispossess. But when you have driven them out and settled in their land, 30 and after they have been destroyed before you, be careful not to be ensnared by inquiring about their gods, saying, “How do these nations serve their gods? We will do the same.” 31 You must not worship the LORD your God in their way, because in worshiping their gods, they do all kinds of detestable things the LORD hates. They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire as sacrifices to their gods.

The question is, why do so many who call themselves "Christian", DEMAND that God allow them to worship Him on THEIR terms??

WHY do they follow the pagans in worshiping God as the pagans worship THEIR gods???

Isn't it time we follow Jesus, the prophets, and the apostles? Isn't it time we do the things THEY did, and not follow traditions begun 400 years later??

What does God have to say about the matter?

Do you think that He is upset about people celebrating the birth of His Son and remembering what He has given for the world to have peace on earth?

So where are your Prophets? Where are your Apostles? Where is your authority to speak in God's name?

as a former 'christian' who is now pagan i will tell you why i left the christian church....due to people like you who think everyone else in the world is going to hell or threatened with hellfire or brimstone. the day i left the christian church for good was one of the happiest days of my life...no longer yoked by this false doctrine that condemns others to hell. the spiritual superiority that christians cling to is beyond many, myself included.

pagans have many gods or one god many pagans have no god. accepting that what is ...is....there are no higher powers..and you spend your time on earth and leave....

you christians do understand he is saying that you are not really christians if you celebrate christmas and easter. due to the orginis of these holidays being in pagan beliefs.

Spiritual superiority is a funny thing. It doesn't just affect Christians. It blinds all people.

Sorry bout that,

1. I will answer to this, and ofcourse clear away a lot of confusion.
2. Here's the deal you see, all things have passed away, being old pagan artifacts, and all things were transformed, those which bound mankind, were set aside, but as a worn out cloak wasn't thrown out, as the law wasn't totally thrown out, neither were old beliefs totally thrown out, as a remnant of where we came from, but set aside as being childish beliefs, (no longer sound doctrines), but still not forgotten of what tree we were hewn from, our past does not escape us, here as humans, we wear our past, like a coat of many colors, its who we are, and where we came from, its a part of us as we live, and lived, so when we were as a child, we believed as a child, we had stories as children, and yet we out grew all that, but our hearts are bound to take from those things as adults, and those experiances and carry them around with us, be its burden what it may, humans are gatherers by nature, never able to discard a thing, and holding onto a memory, for in memories we stake claim of who we are and were, and until the reformation, and blending in of the natural man into the Super Natural God, when Jesus Christ returns to replenish the human race and extoll his love towards us, we will always have this coat of many colors until one day to be shed off, when that great and wonderful day comes when The Lord Jesus Christ comes again to remove the garment forever. The spirit of man is a slumbering soul, we wander along through time gathering traditions, nearly sleeping as we do it, collecting those things which once meant soemthing, and gathering them to *ALL* together, one religion or another, they all do it, and nothing is ever set down, but the better is added to the lot, and we pay homage to the things we hold above the lesser things, but never letting go of the lesser, for its sort of a bread crumb reality marking the way from where we were, we knowing very little, and indeed not knowing if God had indeed given those long old traditions back then, when we were children, these beliefs may have been givien to us, as a measure of things to come, before bestowing unto us a better way, which is in the foundational truths of his giving himself for us, (On The Cross), all those other pagan beliefs we once followed in a way make sense to us, that seem to overlap, and one naturally preceeded the other, as if we were givien the old, in order to be able to understand the new, which Jesus brought in when his time was set and place when all things were made ready. Not all religions lead to Jesus Christ, not all religions roots were trails made by God, but Satan's bread crumbs, and all religions do as I have described, some never letting go of the old, they can not, and no new coat was offered, but they indeed claiming that they have recieved some sort of new coat, but in truth, cling to the past, and work towards those goals instilled in the original beliefs therein. All things bestowed by God was not intended to be universal, the gifts of God are bestowed on those whom can recieve it, and not all mankind are able, sometimes its due to just ignorance, and others its due to what color of coat that they are wearing, for some coats will not intergrate towards the colors of Christ, and its alien to them, and they can never except it, no matter what, even if Jesus were to appear unto them, they can not intergrate coats. Not a miracle will help them intergerate the coat either, and to put on Christs coat, but everyone who does put on Christ, does indeed put on a new coat, the old coat does remain hidden within the new, it can't be shed totally, not at this time, to be shed only when the time comes, when Christ returns to defeat Satan, and remove all things that hinder, and cause man to stumble, when Jesus cleans house and sweeps the floor, thats when mankind will shed the old coat of many colors.

My gift from *CWN* to you, this Merry Christmas

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:

Forum List

Back