Why are Republicans terrified of free and fair elections?

Actually you are correct in a way. I believe that only the informed should be allowed to vote. If it were up to me, you would have to take a very short test before you were allowed to vote. Nothing too hard. Just questions like Who is the President? Who is the VP? What party does the VP represent? How much debt is the US in? Where does the federal government get the money to spend? Things like that.

It could even be multiple choice for all I care. Republicans would welcome such a measure, but the Democrats and Antifa would be burning down cities if that ever happened.

I'm a Republican, and I would absolutely oppose any such measure. It's already been tried, in the form of literacy tests that were specifically crafted and abused to selectively disenfranchise prospective voters deemed likely to vote other than how those in charge of the tests wanted them to vote. I see no reason to expect that fio teh test you proposed were ever put into effect, that it would not be abused in exactly the same way. I think that you know damn well that it would be so abused, and that is what you wish. You and I are not Democrats, let us not seek to cheat, as Democrats do. If you were to be taken as representative of Republicans in general, then you would have just proven the OP's point.

Obama's A.G. Eric Holder refused to prosecute the "new black panthers" when they showed up at polling places in uniform and sometimes armed with night sticks and shotguns but the crazy angry left thinks that photo I.D.'s are a "republican dirty trick". Go figure.

No, dumbass, it was President George W. Bush who refused to prosecute them - because investigation proved they did nothing wrong. They just stood around looking goofy and intimidated no one.

Okay, so what if a white supremacist stood in front of a voting place with a night stick and just stood there? You'd be okay with that?

So who is being suppressed?

This argument is almost insulting to Democrat voters. Republicans are intelligent enough to obtain an ID but Democrats, particularly minority Democrats just don't have the smarts.

When are Democrats ever going to get some integrity for crying out loud. I mean, if somebody told me I was too stupid to be able to vote, I would be voting against that party from that time on.

Have you ever been poor? I have. The sad fact is, when you don't have a fat savings account, it's goddamned near impossible to stay legal. Because of all the taxes, regulations, mandates, yada, yada, yada ... that government forces down our throats, poor people are always at risk of falling behind. They develop the entirely pragmatic habit of avoiding any, and every, unnecessary run-in with the law - because each one poses a risk. When you live on the fringe, every single time you have to show your id, or otherwise "present" paperwork, you are risking finding out that there is a bench warrant out for you, or a garnishment, or some other fucked up legal screw being tightened on your head.

So, yeah, cranking up the paperwork requirements for voting will suppress votes from the poor. And, though few will admit it, Republicans know this. It's why the support the policy.

Democrats think "free elections" means letting 5-10 million filthy ass welfare Illegals vote.
You're getting closer to the truth. I think most people, on both "sides", realize what's going on. Even if they won't admit it. The struggle is over voter turn out among the poor. Democrats want more, Republicans less.

Actually you are correct in a way. I believe that only the informed should be allowed to vote. If it were up to me, you would have to take a very short test before you were allowed to vote. Nothing too hard. Just questions like Who is the President? Who is the VP? What party does the VP represent? How much debt is the US in? Where does the federal government get the money to spend? Things like that.

It could even be multiple choice for all I care. Republicans would welcome such a measure, but the Democrats and Antifa would be burning down cities if that ever happened.

I also don't think that anybody receiving government welfare should be allowed to vote.

That is like having thieves vote on how much money they can rob from you.

Why? They still pay taxes.

What a load of left wing horse shit..

You idiots wouldn't know free or fair elections if they bit you on the ass... Tell me again who rigged the last one and tried to rig the national election..??. Hilary is a fucking criminal who needs to be in jail..

Who rigged "the last one"? Credible proof? Credible links?

Ask Donna Brazil, she said so Remember

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a Republican, and I would absolutely oppose any such measure. It's already been tried, in the form of literacy tests that were specifically crafted and abused to selectively disenfranchise prospective voters deemed likely to vote other than how those in charge of the tests wanted them to vote. I see no reason to expect that fio teh test you proposed were ever put into effect, that it would not be abused in exactly the same way. I think that you know damn well that it would be so abused, and that is what you wish. You and I are not Democrats, let us not seek to cheat, as Democrats do. If you were to be taken as representative of Republicans in general, then you would have just proven the OP's point.

Literacy tests were used at a time when education was hard to come by for many people. What I'm talking about here is a knowledge of politics and policies. Let me explain:

Let's say that the MLB allowed citizens to vote on players for their team. In my city, they only allowed people with superior knowledge of sports to vote on players, and in your city, they let anybody vote. Which one of us do you suppose would have the better baseball team?

The problem with our elections system is that anybody can vote whether they know WTF they're voting on or not. They are likely just voting on party, but some are voting on gender, ethnic background, appearance, perhaps a number of other things than knowledge of the policies or candidate.

And at the end of the voting day, we sit back and ask "HTF did this person get elected???"

You idiots wouldn't know free or fair elections if they bit you on the ass... Tell me again who rigged the last one and tried to rig the national election..??. Hilary is a fucking criminal who needs to be in jail..

Ask Donna Brazil, she said so Remember

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, so now you trust people like Donna Brazil? She was one of the superdelegates who screwed Hillary in the 2008 presidential election. Funny...

Have you ever been poor? I have. The sad fact is, when you don't have a fat savings account, it's goddamned near impossible to stay legal. Because of all the taxes, regulations, mandates, yada, yada, yada ... that government forces down our throats, poor people are always at risk of falling behind. They develop the entirely pragmatic habit of avoiding any, and every, unnecessary run-in with the law - because each one poses a risk. When you live on the fringe, every single time you have to show your id, or otherwise "present" paperwork, you are risking finding out that there is a bench warrant out for you, or a garnishment, or some other fucked up legal screw being tightened on your head.

So, yeah, cranking up the paperwork requirements for voting will suppress votes from the poor. And, though few will admit it, Republicans know this. It's why the support the policy.

Now, it sounds like you're just making excuses for criminals and deadbeats.

Now, it sounds like you're just making excuses for criminals and deadbeats.

Only if you miss, or steer widely around, the fucking point.

This argument is almost insulting to Democrat voters. Republicans are intelligent enough to obtain an ID but Democrats, particularly minority Democrats just don't have the smarts.

When are Democrats ever going to get some integrity for crying out loud. I mean, if somebody told me I was too stupid to be able to vote, I would be voting against that party from that time on.

Yes, I have been poor. My father and his six siblings grew up very poor. Yet none of them ever in trouble with the law.

Poverty does not mean you have to have legal problems. You create legal problems on your own be it rich, poor, or anything in between.

Perhaps if you are running from the law, it's good for society in general that you do not vote.

Yes, I have been poor. My father and his six siblings grew up very poor. Yet none of them ever in trouble with the law.

Poverty does not mean you have to have legal problems. You create legal problems on your own be it rich, poor, or anything in between.

Perhaps if you are running from the law, it's good for society in general that you do not vote.

Or perhaps there are way too many laws regulating our lives. That's really the one-two punch of the left-right regime. The left passes a bunch of horseshit laws making it impossible for the poor to stay legal, and then the right puffs up about 'rule of law' when they wanna fuck the poor. Crooked motherfuckers every one of you.

Or perhaps there are way too many laws regulating our lives. That's really the one-two punch of the left-right regime. The left passes a bunch of horseshit laws making it impossible for the poor to stay legal, and then the right puffs up about 'rule of law' when they wanna fuck the poor. Crooked motherfuckers every one of you.

Too many laws? It doesn't matter how many laws there are, just don't break them.

Now please explain, what laws are there that makes it impossible for a poor person to stay legal? I want to know those laws and how they don't apply to everybody--just the poor.

Too many laws? It doesn't matter how many laws there are, just don't break them.

Now please explain, what laws are there that makes it impossible for a poor person to stay legal? I want to know those laws and how they don't apply to everybody--just the poor.

I was about to say that you couldn't be this stupid. But by this point, I'm pretty sure you are.

Laws that cost money to follow (most of them do) are more difficult for the poor to follow. Now why don't you strut around doing the superior dance for a few minutes. It'll make you feel good!

I was about to say that you couldn't be this stupid. But by this point, I'm pretty sure you are.

Laws that cost money to follow (most of them do) are more difficult for the poor to follow. Now why don't you strut around doing the superior dance for a few minutes. It'll make you feel good!

So in other words, you cannot answer my question. Gee, big surprise there. You just made up accusations without thinking them out first. There are no laws that cost any money for you or anybody else not to violate them. That's the most ridiculous statement I ever heard. A law means don't do something. HTF does it cost you money to not do something?

DNC Bus Caught on Camera Spilling the Beans.

pbox.php

The photograph of the bus emptying raw sewage on the highway was taken in Lawrenceville, the Gwinnett county seat in the state of Georgia, USA during the early voting period just prior to the 2016 federal election.

Gwinnett county & Lawrence are infamous for having the most illegal alien residents in Georgia. In October 2016, The DNC claimed that the bus, which was emblazoned with the message "VOY A VOTAR 2016", was on a mission to get out the Latino vote. However, considering the context, "Latino vote" is an obvious euphemism for "illegal vote".

The DNC simultaneously shit on America, literally and metaphorically.

pbox.php

The photograph of the bus emptying raw sewage on the highway was taken in Lawrenceville, the Gwinnett county seat in the state of Georgia, USA during the early voting period just prior to the 2016 federal election.

Gwinnett county & Lawrence are infamous for having the most illegal alien residents in Georgia. In October 2016, The DNC claimed that the bus, which was emblazoned with the message "VOY A VOTAR 2016", was on a mission to get out the Latino vote. However, considering the context, "Latino vote" is an obvious euphemism for "illegal vote".

Credible proof? Looks like just water to me.

pbox.php

Credible proof? Looks like just water to me.
It wouldn't surprise me at all if you used it as bath water.

What's up with all the voter suppression and dirty tricks that Republicans are using to keep certain people from voting? I haven't heard of even one report of Democrats engaging in voter suppression and dirty tricks.

What do you think? Are you ashamed? Do you think this is fair? Constitutional?

Your State-by-State Guide to GOP Voter Suppression

Combatting GOP Voter Suppression Tactics

Republicans rigged our democracy. Here's how Democrats can fight back | David Faris

The Republican Party Emerges From Decades of Court Supervision - The Atlantic

North Carolina is the epicenter of the fight over voting rights ahead of the midterms

You are the only one who seems to be afraid of free and fair elections.

Everyone else likes free and fair elections.

You sure are tree stump dumb.

Democratic Party has Superdelegates because their primary system has been so fucked up since the McGovern committee recommended the system of proportional primary. They can’t pick a clear winner and want to avoid another 1924 debacle.

Why do Republicans have superdelegates?
Republicans don’t have superdelegates and the system that they have in place gives these people, if their is a comparison,way,way,way,way, less power than DNC Superdelegates.
The GOP's Superdelegate Rules Are Different Now

Duh, yes they do. Google it...
No...they do not...the system that they have started in 2016. Democrats have had them since 1980 after McGovern Committee recommendations.

Duh, yes they do...

What are superdelegates? (And, yes, Republicans have them, too)
from your own link.....

"Does the Republican Party have superdelegates?

Superdelegates make up seven percent of the Republican nominating delegation, but they don’t have the same "untethered" status that Democratic superdelegates do.

Following the prolonged 2012 nomination of Mitt Romney, the Republican Party decided to instate new convention guidelines. One of these guidelines mandated that all superdelegates vote for the candidate who won their state in the primary."

Forum List

Back