Why are Republicans terrified of free and fair elections?

What's up with all the voter suppression and dirty tricks that Republicans are using to keep certain people from voting? I haven't heard of even one report of Democrats engaging in voter suppression and dirty tricks.

What do you think? Are you ashamed? Do you think this is fair? Constitutional?

Your State-by-State Guide to GOP Voter Suppression

Combatting GOP Voter Suppression Tactics

Republicans rigged our democracy. Here's how Democrats can fight back | David Faris

The Republican Party Emerges From Decades of Court Supervision - The Atlantic

North Carolina is the epicenter of the fight over voting rights ahead of the midterms

The reason why the republicans do all those things is as plain as the lies coming out of trump's mouth.

If we had free, fair and honest elections republicans would have a very hard time winning elections. The leaders of the republican party know this so they do all they can to prevent as many probable democratic voters from voting as they possibly can.

I think that it's pathetic. How those people can live with themselves is beyond me but they do. The only way to stop all this is to vote. It's no longer enough that you vote, you have to take people to the polls with you. Everyone needs to get as many people to vote as they possibly can.

I've been a registered Independent since 1979, I've been ashamed and disgusted with the republicans since the 80s. I've given up waiting for America to wake up to the republican party and all they do to prevent people from voting.

Of course it's not fair. There isn't much of what republicans do that's fair.

I don't believe it's constitutional for anyone to do anything to prevent legal Americans from casting their vote.

Amen! Republicans are evil - but Evangelicals are the worst.

DqDl6P0XcAAEMr0.jpg

Credible proof?
Go ahead and ask me for "credible proof" that significant numbers of ineligible aliens are voting. (which GOP voter suppression efforts are rightfully addressing)

Ok, if you can't come up with any credible proof, how about at least a plausible explanation? Why in hell would someone who is here illegally risk it all by marching down to the court house and voting? For one measly vote? Most of us who are here legally don't bother, why in the hell would someone on the lamb risk deportation to enter a ballot?

Why in hell would someone who is here illegally risk it all by marching down to the court house and voting?

Think about the number of illegal aliens who've been arrested/deported for voting and you might have an idea.

Does that sort of circular reasoning make you dizzy?

How many people were arrested at a polling place in the last 20 years?

Exactly. It's a non-problem. It's a lurid fantasy cooked up by populists to keep you living fear. It's working.

What's up with all the voter suppression and dirty tricks that Republicans are using to keep certain people from voting? I haven't heard of even one report of Democrats engaging in voter suppression and dirty tricks.

That nonsense started back in the 60s, when the GOP claimed that Mayor Daley of Chicago had dead ppl voting for him. It's only gotten worse. ND recently has tried to disenfranchise thousands of indigenous voters because most who live on the rez have PO Boxes, rather than the street addresses that ND's new voter law demands. Why? Because in 2012 Dem candidate Heidi Heitkamp won the Senate race by less than 3000 votes, so if they can keep the native voters from voting, this time she will lose because they are part of her base.

After Heidi Heitkamp won a Senate seat, North Dakota Republicans made it harder for Native Americans to vote
A Look at Where North Dakota’s Voter ID Controversy Stands

Republicans rigged our democracy. Here's how Democrats can fight back | David Faris

North Carolina is the epicenter of the fight over voting rights ahead of the midterms

They KNOW that if elections are fair, then conservatism will be reduced. They only need take a look at other countries in the first world to see that.

what voter suppression are you talking about? Do you have some proof of this 'suppression'?

You know, hard evidence of this, not a bunch of opinion pieces that you posted.

Democrats think "free elections" means letting 5-10 million filthy ass welfare Illegals vote.

Democrats fight every effort to enhance and further authenticate eligible voters under the name of “rights” yet it is Democrats that engage in fraudulent voting registration campaigns. Democrats rigged their own primaries, chastised candidate Trump over the prospect of not accepting the results yet engage to this very day to the point of Impeachment for impeachment sake.

Obama's A.G. Eric Holder refused to prosecute the "new black panthers" when they showed up at polling places in uniform and sometimes armed with night sticks and shotguns but the crazy angry left thinks that photo I.D.'s are a "republican dirty trick". Go figure.

Democrats think "free elections" means letting 5-10 million filthy ass welfare Illegals vote.
You're getting closer to the truth. I think most people, on both "sides", realize what's going on. Even if they won't admit it. The struggle is over voter turn out among the poor. Democrats want more, Republicans less.

Go ahead and ask me for "credible proof" that significant numbers of ineligible aliens are voting. (which GOP voter suppression efforts are rightfully addressing)

Ok, if you can't come up with any credible proof, how about at least a plausible explanation? Why in hell would someone who is here illegally risk it all by marching down to the court house and voting? For one measly vote? Most of us who are here legally don't bother, why in the hell would someone on the lamb risk deportation to enter a ballot?

Why in hell would someone who is here illegally risk it all by marching down to the court house and voting?

Think about the number of illegal aliens who've been arrested/deported for voting and you might have an idea.

Does that sort of circular reasoning make you dizzy?

How many people were arrested at a polling place in the last 20 years?

Exactly. It's a non-problem. It's a lurid fantasy cooked up by populists to keep you living fear. It's working.

Exactly. It's a non-problem

It's a non-problem because no one has ever been arrested at a polling place?

That nonsense started back in the 60s, when the GOP claimed that Mayor Daley of Chicago had dead ppl voting for him. It's only gotten worse. ND recently has tried to disenfranchise thousands of indigenous voters because most who live on the rez have PO Boxes, rather than the street addresses that ND's new voter law demands. Why? Because in 2012 Dem candidate Heidi Heitkamp won the Senate race by less than 3000 votes, so if they can keep the native voters from voting, this time she will lose because they are part of her base.

After Heidi Heitkamp won a Senate seat, North Dakota Republicans made it harder for Native Americans to vote
A Look at Where North Dakota’s Voter ID Controversy Stands

That nonsense started back in the 60s, when the GOP claimed that Mayor Daley of Chicago had dead ppl voting for him.

Only because he did.

You're getting closer to the truth. I think most people, on both "sides", realize what's going on. Even if they won't admit it. The struggle is over voter turn out among the poor. Democrats want more, Republicans less.

Actually you are correct in a way. I believe that only the informed should be allowed to vote. If it were up to me, you would have to take a very short test before you were allowed to vote. Nothing too hard. Just questions like Who is the President? Who is the VP? What party does the VP represent? How much debt is the US in? Where does the federal government get the money to spend? Things like that.

It could even be multiple choice for all I care. Republicans would welcome such a measure, but the Democrats and Antifa would be burning down cities if that ever happened.

Actually you are correct in a way. I believe that only the informed should be allowed to vote. If it were up to me, you would have to take a very short test before you were allowed to vote. Nothing too hard. Just questions like Who is the President? Who is the VP? What party does the VP represent? How much debt is the US in? Where does the federal government get the money to spend? Things like that.

It could even be multiple choice for all I care. Republicans would welcome such a measure, but the Democrats and Antifa would be burning down cities if that ever happened.

Exactly. The illegals voting thing is just an excuse. And the Mexicans are a convenient scapegoat, but aren't the "reason for the season". The real target is suppressing votes of voters who are likely to vote for the opposition.

Exactly. The illegals voting thing is just an excuse. And the Mexicans are a convenient scapegoat, but aren't the "reason for the season". The real target is suppressing votes of voters who are likely to vote for the opposition.

So who is being suppressed?

This argument is almost insulting to Democrat voters. Republicans are intelligent enough to obtain an ID but Democrats, particularly minority Democrats just don't have the smarts.

When are Democrats ever going to get some integrity for crying out loud. I mean, if somebody told me I was too stupid to be able to vote, I would be voting against that party from that time on.

Obama's A.G. Eric Holder refused to prosecute the "new black panthers" when they showed up at polling places in uniform and sometimes armed with night sticks and shotguns but the crazy angry left thinks that photo I.D.'s are a "republican dirty trick". Go figure.

No, dumbass, it was President George W. Bush who refused to prosecute them - because investigation proved they did nothing wrong. They just stood around looking goofy and intimidated no one.

Hey Jack Ass....

It's you libtards that Cheat....

Just ask Crazy Bernie.....

How come you are against voter ID laws?

We all know it's because you want to cheat....

You libtards are all so very full of SHIT...……...

If by “the poor”, you mean noncitizens (especially illegal aliens), those who have already voted, convicted criminals, and so on, then yes, you're right.

Hey Jack Ass....

It's you libtards that Cheat....

Just ask Crazy Bernie.....

How come you are against voter ID laws?

We all know it's because you want to cheat....

You libtards are all so very full of SHIT...……...

If you knew the facts behind your questions - you wouldn't be asking such stupid questions.

I also don't think that anybody receiving government welfare should be allowed to vote.

That is like having thieves vote on how much money they can rob from you.

Forum List

Back