Why are Republicans terrified of free and fair elections?

Be so sued for bombarding people's phones with desperate pleas for votes...

Why do Democrats break rules / laws in their desperate attempts to win election?

If you can't make a good enough argument for why you should be elected / why someone should vote for you, that means you probably shouldn't be elected.

It does not mean you should rig primaries, cheat in debates, break rules and laws, and it illegally collude with and pay foreign spies and Russians for their help in trying to get you elected...

Go ahead and ask me for "credible proof" that significant numbers of ineligible aliens are voting. (which GOP voter suppression efforts are rightfully addressing)

Ok, if you can't come up with any credible proof, how about at least a plausible explanation? Why in hell would someone who is here illegally risk it all by marching down to the court house and voting? For one measly vote? Most of us who are here legally don't bother, why in the hell would someone on the lamb risk deportation to enter a ballot?

Because one party is for you being here illegally and the other one against. So you want to see a government that favors your situation.

??? Did you read the question?

Yes I did. You asked why would an illegal chance voting and I explained to you why. It's in the interest of illegals to have Democrat leadership in this country. Democrats fought to stop the southern wall. Democrats are fighting to keep their Sanctuary cities. Democrats voted down Kate's law so foreign felons can stay in this country. Of course illegals want to see them in power. If Democrats get enough power, they will grant every illegal amnesty and probably citizenship which gives them the legal right to vote.

And casting one measly vote is worth risking arrest and deportation??? You're not making your case.
Seems to me that it would be a fairly low risk as it's not like an illegal voter is going to use their real name and contact info. Plus, it's well known that almost no one ever checks.

The principle issue is and only has been that only American Citizens can and should vote. If a person cares so little about their constitutional rights not to notify the electoral office or state secretary of state as to address change then what does that say about that person.
Fact even the supreme court in a 6-3 decision, several years ago declared voter identification not to be a burden and adopted, regardless, states, lower courts, and liberals fight this issue to no end, this would be a non issue if national voter identification cards were required. So why is it that liberals reject voter ID's?

"So why is it that liberals reject voter ID's?"

Because of the hardship and expense for many people getting them. Plus, not everyone even has a birth certificate.

Oppose Voter ID Legislation - Fact Sheet

How Voter ID Laws Discriminate Against Racial Minorities - The Atlantic

Getting a photo ID so you can vote is easy. Unless you’re poor, black, Latino or elderly.
Hardship and expense? That’s very weak.

??? Did you read the question?

Yes I did. You asked why would an illegal chance voting and I explained to you why. It's in the interest of illegals to have Democrat leadership in this country. Democrats fought to stop the southern wall. Democrats are fighting to keep their Sanctuary cities. Democrats voted down Kate's law so foreign felons can stay in this country. Of course illegals want to see them in power. If Democrats get enough power, they will grant every illegal amnesty and probably citizenship which gives them the legal right to vote.

And casting one measly vote is worth risking arrest and deportation??? You're not making your case.

Then let me explain it this way:

Is it worth being deported by driving drunk in the US? They do it all the time, and some have killed Americans in the process.

Is it worth deportation by sending their kids to our schools? Most of them do you know. They hold up the class for American kids because they barely know the language.

Is it worth being deported by joining a gang and possibly murdering an American? MS-13?

Is it worth being deported to get a drivers license in liberal states?

Point is, deportation is not that much of a deterrent because they will simply come back a few weeks or months later. It happens all the time.

There's vastly more incentive to do all of those things than there is to vote, yes.

Why is that? How hard is it to vote? You go to the polling place, you sign your name, and they give you a ballot. If they find something suspicious about your ability to vote, they simply turn you down and you go away. Nobody is going to call ICE on you from the polling place.

First you have to register.

You people have sacrificed reason to irrational fear. That's pretty much the zeitgeist of the entire Trump movement.

Is it worth being deported by driving drunk in the US? They do it all the time, and some have killed Americans in the process.

Is it worth deportation by sending their kids to our schools? Most of them do you know. They hold up the class for American kids because they barely know the language.

Is it worth being deported by joining a gang and possibly murdering an American? MS-13?

Point is, deportation is not that much of a deterrent because they will simply come back a few weeks or months later. It happens all the time.

There's vastly more incentive to do all of those things than there is to vote, yes.

Why is that? How hard is it to vote? You go to the polling place, you sign your name, and they give you a ballot. If they find something suspicious about your ability to vote, they simply turn you down and you go away. Nobody is going to call ICE on you from the polling place.

You people have sacrificed reason to irrational fear. That's pretty much the zeitgeist of the entire Trump movement.

Registering isn't hard, especially when you have Democrat solicitors doing the registering. There are many stories of people getting registered that shouldn't be.

I am so proud that Democrats don't engage in voter suppression and dirty tricks to cheat voters.
Yes they do.
I am so proud that Democrats don't engage in voter suppression and dirty tricks to cheat voters.
yes they do and have for years. You liberal partisan hacks are funny. Misguided but funny. Full of shit but funny.

Registering isn't hard, especially when you have Democrat solicitors doing the registering. There are many stories of people getting registered that shouldn't be.[/QUOTE ]

It’s the liberal hollow argument. They know that their uninformed lazy masses will use it as a battlecry.

Politics is dirty enough without CHEATING people out of their right to vote.
In the interest of fairness, it is worth noting that the dems have a superdelegate system while republicans do not. Their gerrymandering and voter suppression does more damage in the end though.
What's up with all the voter suppression and dirty tricks that Republicans are using to keep certain people from voting? I haven't heard of even one report of Democrats engaging in voter suppression and dirty tricks.

What do you think? Are you ashamed? Do you think this is fair? Constitutional?

Your State-by-State Guide to GOP Voter Suppression

Combatting GOP Voter Suppression Tactics

Republicans rigged our democracy. Here's how Democrats can fight back | David Faris

The Republican Party Emerges From Decades of Court Supervision - The Atlantic

North Carolina is the epicenter of the fight over voting rights ahead of the midterms
Republican gerrymandering and voter suppression can not be ignored, but the the superdelegate system from the DNC can't be ignored either.

I love the meme in your sig, Lakhota, by the way. So true to who republicans are.

I hear you about the superdelegate system; however, since the DNC is a "private" organization - that is their legal right. I wish the delegate system would be revised in both parties.

Superdelegate - Wikipedia

What is the difference between Democrat and Republican superdelegates?

Once again they use public tax dollars to rig there nominations

Credible proof?
Go ahead and ask me for "credible proof" that significant numbers of ineligible aliens are voting. (which GOP voter suppression efforts are rightfully addressing)

Ok, if you can't come up with any credible proof, how about at least a plausible explanation? Why in hell would someone who is here illegally risk it all by marching down to the court house and voting? For one measly vote? Most of us who are here legally don't bother, why in the hell would someone on the lamb risk deportation to enter a ballot?

Why in hell would someone who is here illegally risk it all by marching down to the court house and voting?

Think about the number of illegal aliens who've been arrested/deported for voting and you might have an idea.

Credible proof?

Why in hell would someone who is here illegally risk it all by marching down to the court house and voting?

Think about the number of illegal aliens who've been arrested/deported for voting and you might have an idea.

Does that sort of circular reasoning make you dizzy?

What's up with all the voter suppression and dirty tricks that Republicans are using to keep certain people from voting? I haven't heard of even one report of Democrats engaging in voter suppression and dirty tricks.

Republicans rigged our democracy. Here's how Democrats can fight back | David Faris

North Carolina is the epicenter of the fight over voting rights ahead of the midterms

If you work you need ID to apply for a job. If you want to open a bank account yoy need a ID. If yoy want to rent a place, well yep you need ID.

So why are you upset about using ID's for voting but not for anything else?

Simple, you want fraud to happen and believe that if you scream racism about voter ID your base will believe it but as you can see red states are not buying your nonsense and guess what?

Texas is a Minority Majority State, so your nonsense is just nonsense.

Suppressing voter fraud is not suppressing a Citizen right to vote.

Credible proof?

Does that sort of circular reasoning make you dizzy?

How many people were arrested at a polling place in the last 20 years?

If you work you need ID to apply for a job. If you want to open a bank account yoy need a ID. If yoy want to rent a place, well yep you need ID.

Simple, you want fraud to happen and believe that if you scream racism about voter ID your base will believe it but as you can see red states are not buying your nonsense and guess what?

That's not what they're really worried about.

Democrats will vote if it's convenient enough: polling places open later, for several days and even weeks, rides to the polling places, no lines when voting, vote by mail, just a host of things that make it easy to vote.

Voter-ID takes some effort; effort some of their voters don't want to engage in. They were never all that interested in voting in the first place, so having them do a little leg work might encourage them to stay home and say to hell with voting.

Republicans are different because voting is extremely important to most of us. Like the Post Office, through rain, through sleet, through snow, we will get to the polling place to vote.

That's not what they're really worried about.

Democrats will vote if it's convenient enough: polling places open later, for several days and even weeks, rides to the polling places, no lines when voting, vote by mail, just a host of things that make it easy to vote.

Voter-ID takes some effort; effort some of their voters don't want to engage in. They were never all that interested in voting in the first place, so having them do a little leg work might encourage them to stay home and say to hell with voting.

Republicans are different because voting is extremely important to most of us. Like the Post Office, through rain, through sleet, through snow, we will get to the polling place to vote.

I wish I could post a pic of my postal carrier because you are lucky to get your mail and he is the OP'er type of citizen...

What a hoot! That question should be asked of Democrats, who are constantly trying to weaken voter qualification laws to make it as easy as possible for illegal voters to vote.

The reason why the republicans do all those things is as plain as the lies coming out of trump's mouth.

If we had free, fair and honest elections republicans would have a very hard time winning elections. The leaders of the republican party know this so they do all they can to prevent as many probable democratic voters from voting as they possibly can.

I think that it's pathetic. How those people can live with themselves is beyond me but they do. The only way to stop all this is to vote. It's no longer enough that you vote, you have to take people to the polls with you. Everyone needs to get as many people to vote as they possibly can.

I've been a registered Independent since 1979, I've been ashamed and disgusted with the republicans since the 80s. I've given up waiting for America to wake up to the republican party and all they do to prevent people from voting.

Of course it's not fair. There isn't much of what republicans do that's fair.

I don't believe it's constitutional for anyone to do anything to prevent legal Americans from casting their vote.

Forum List

Back