Why are republicans so stupid when it comes to Food Stamps?

so enters politics.......looks like more Democrats have received benefits at one time or another.

The politics and demographics of food stamp recipients

From your link, interesting

FT_13.07.12_FoodStamps_310px.png

1) The cost of food stamps is a small fraction of the overall welfare budget

2) 2/3 of those on food stamps are kids

3) Few people even qualify for food stamps because it is reserved for the poorest of the poor. It's a program way behind on the rate of inflation as well.

4) Some Veterans are on food stamps.

5) Any adult on food stamps has a job

Republicans in congress are either complete assholes or are willfully ignorant.

But hey i get it: it gives republicans hard ons to say "i don't need a handout! I provide! I'm tough as nails! Derp, derp, derp!" They then pretend complete falsehoods or stereotypes about the program because it makes them feel more manly i guess.

Why can't facts ever permeate the republican bubble?

"47.7 million
On February 8th of this year, the government reported that 47.7 million Americans were were now receiving food stamps or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). America has more people on food stamps than Canada has citizens."

number of people on foodstamps - Bing

Dumbass

I am all for helping those who are poor, but the current system is broken. Give vouchers that must be used for certain foods only....milk, eggs, bread, milk, cheese, oatmeal, canned meats, fruit/veg, etc. You don't see too many food stamp users buying canned tuna.....just saying

^ The old, "strapping young bucks" buying t- bone steaks line.

3) Few people even qualify for food stamps because it is reserved for the poorest of the poor. It's a program way behind on the rate of inflation as well.

But hey i get it: it gives republicans hard ons to say "i don't need a handout! I provide! I'm tough as nails! Derp, derp, derp!" They then pretend complete falsehoods or stereotypes about the program because it makes them feel more manly i guess.

Your op is full of shit

Plenty of adults receive food stamps with out a job

Only for a short time.

A Quick Guide to SNAP Eligibility and Benefits

"Unemployed childless adults who do not have disabilities are limited to three months of SNAP benefits every three years in many areas of the country."

Your op is full of shit

Only for a short time.

"Unemployed childless adults who do not have disabilities are limited to three months of SNAP benefits every three years in many areas of the country."

Thanks for the link so every person / child gets around $146 a month to eat.

What is that around $35 dollars a week, $5 bucks a day......

Most SNAP participants who can work, do work. SNAP rules require all recipients meet work requirements unless they are exempt because of age or disability or another specific reason. Children, seniors, and those with disabilities comprise almost two-thirds of all SNAP participants. Among households that include someone who is able to work, more than 75 percent* had a job in year before or after receiving SNAP. Forty-three percent of SNAP participants live in a household with earnings.

Some of these working individuals are ABAWDs, or able-bodied adults without dependents. ABAWDs must meet special work requirements, in addition to the general work requirements, to maintain their eligibility.

Able-Bodied Adults Without Dependents (ABAWDs) | Food and Nutrition Service

BpBkop_CQAATX_Q.jpg

That's not the question

Retarded Billy said ALL adults who get a job our on food stamps

I did not say that you dumb fuck. Read it again.

Your definition of any different then the dictionary now?

an·y
ˈenē/
determiner & pronoun
  1. 1.
    used to refer to one or some of a thing or number of things, no matter how much or many.
    "I don't have any choice"
  2. 2.
    whichever of a specified class might be chosen.
    "these constellations are visible at any hour of the night"
adverb
  1. 1.
    (used for emphasis) at all; in some degree.
    "he wasn't any good at basketball"
    synonyms: at all, in the least, to any extent, in/to any degree
    "is your father any better

What the fuck? Do you really struggle this badly with reading comprehension? "Anyone ON FOOD STAMPS has a job."

So you fucking lie once again, people on food stamps don't have to have a fucking job...

Why would most people who have a job need food stamps?

Good question. What income levels qualify for food assistance?

Your op is full of shit

Only for a short time.

Can you eat three squares a day on 5 bucks?

I think you'll see it's really for those who are the most at risk.

Your op is full of shit

Only for a short time.

Can you eat three squares a day on 5 bucks?

I think you'll see it's really for those who are the most at risk.

They have a soup kitchen in town and that serves lunch every day

I am all for helping those who are poor, but the current system is broken. Give vouchers that must be used for certain foods only....milk, eggs, bread, milk, cheese, oatmeal, canned meats, fruit/veg, etc. You don't see too many food stamp users buying canned tuna.....just saying

How do you know ?

When I was young I worked at a supermarket. Most tried to get the bang for the buck . Sure u suspected some frauds . No one is for that .

Logistically , it would be more trouble to pull off your plan . And what's the point really?
------------------------------------------- Seems to me that any saved money can be used rebuilding the USA Military or put to work funding TRUMPS Border wall Timmy !!

Holy shit . You want examples of waste , the military spending is where it's at .

At least food stamp spending gets recycled into our economy.

Even when they're sold for drugs?

Even then! The end point is that food is being bought at the local store. Food grown in the us .

Like a child you speak of 'facts' yet have no idea what the word means.

1. Why no mention of OBAMA CUTTING FOOD STAMPS, snowflake?
- 'President Obama signs $8.7 billion food stamp cut into law'
-- "President Obama praised it..."
--- President Obama signs $8.7 billion food stamp cut into law

2. The Obama administration set a record for the number of Americans on Food Stamp
- In 2008, fewer than 30 million Americans were on Food Stamps. As of 2015 there were 46 million.
--- In 2008, Fewer Than 30 Million Used Food Stamps. Now 46 Million Do.

3. Obama was the 1st President to spend more tax dollars on Welfare than on Defense
-- Obama Was First President to Spend More on Welfare Than Defense

How do you know ?

When I was young I worked at a supermarket. Most tried to get the bang for the buck . Sure u suspected some frauds . No one is for that .

Logistically , it would be more trouble to pull off your plan . And what's the point really?
------------------------------------------- Seems to me that any saved money can be used rebuilding the USA Military or put to work funding TRUMPS Border wall Timmy !!

Holy shit . You want examples of waste , the military spending is where it's at .

Even then! The end point is that food is being bought at the local store. Food grown in the us .
---------------------------------------------- food grown and paid for by TAXPAYERS and misused in many cases when rib eye steaks and soda and junk food are purchased with taxpayer funding . Like i said , if food was required to be nutritious food ONLY then taxpayers would have less of a problem with poor Americans using food stamps . And another big problem i have is with food stamp use by FOREIGNERS or new imported people into the USA . I also have a problem with newly imported foreigners pushing their medically needy kids or grandmas around in the USA in taxpayer purchased medical hardware , wheelchairs and devices . I figure that those medically needy imports are a large part of why medicaid may need to be more strictly controlled Timmy .

How do you know ?

------------------------------------------------------- and American taxpayers are subsidizing the food and the money goes to grocery stores Timmy !!

and not always grown in the USA , lots of food in USA markets is foreign grown so American taxpayers are funding foreign grown foodstuffs making foreign lands richer because of taxpayer money , And i think that mrobama made a law so that foreign produced meat and vegetable can't be identified by purchasers Timmy !!

How do you know ?

-------------------------------------------------- NO , the food is not always grown in the USA Timmy !!

The problem isn't the food stamps, it's the increasing use of food stamps. The increasing dependency on government. The unsustainable growth in entitlement spending, 2014 it was 61% of spending, today its around 71% of total spending, and has been growing at around 9.5% for the past 50 years (a large spike has recently just occurred). Our entitlement spending is now pretty much equal to the entire GDP of the U.K. Our debt is now out of control, and we are forcing this burden of growing debt onto our children, which is wrong. 22trillion dollars later, the war on poverty has only given us more and more dependence on government.

Conservatives WISH that all would be able to get along without entitlement programs, which is different than hating the people who use them. And I guess your suggesting self sufficiency is a bad thing?

The problem isn't the food stamps, it's the increasing use of food stamps. The increasing dependency on government. The unsustainable growth in entitlement spending, 2014 it was 61% of spending, today its around 71% of total spending, and has been growing at around 9.5% for the past 50 years (a large spike has recently just occurred). Our entitlement spending is now pretty much equal to the entire GDP of the U.K. Our debt is now out of control, and we are forcing this burden of growing debt onto our children, which is wrong. 22trillion dollars later, the war on poverty has only given us more and more dependence on government.

Conservatives WISH that all would be able to get along without entitlement programs, which is different than hating the people who use them. And I guess your suggesting self sufficiency is a bad thing?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- i simply dislike foreigners , newly imported people into the USA using taxpayer paid food stamps Saki !!

How do you know ?

-------------------------------------------------- NO , the food is not always grown in the USA Timmy !!
Liberals feel in their hearts they are morally superior (they are bigots actually) because they support food stamps and 1001 other crippling welfare programs that liberals use to buy votes. When Newt Gingrich changed welfare to workfare fully half decided they were no longer poor enough for welfare. Conservatives give more to charity than liberals indicating where the actual moral superiority is. A sensible solution to food stamps is to cut the program in half and give vouchers useable only for five different foods - the cheapest and most nutritious five foods readily available.

Last edited:

Liberals feel in their hearts they are morally superior (they are bigots actually) because they support food stamps and 1001 other crippling welfare programs that liberals use to buy votes. When Newt Gingrich changed welfare to workfare fully half decided they were no longer poor enough for welfare. Conservatives give more to charity than liberals indicating where the actual moral superiority is. A sensible solution to food stamps is to cut the program in half and give vouchers useable only for five different foods - the cheapest and most nutritious five foods readily available.

You mean the food stamp/ farm subsidies program .

Which you don't seem to mind the buying of votes with farm subsidies.

Forum List

Back