Why are republicans so stupid when it comes to Food Stamps?

and not always grown in the USA , lots of food in USA markets is foreign grown so American taxpayers are funding foreign grown foodstuffs making foreign lands richer because of taxpayer money , And i think that mrobama made a law so that foreign produced meat and vegetable can't be identified by purchasers Timmy !!

For awhile, it was required to be labeled where it was grown/harvested. But not so much anymore.

and not always grown in the USA , lots of food in USA markets is foreign grown so American taxpayers are funding foreign grown foodstuffs making foreign lands richer because of taxpayer money , And i think that mrobama made a law so that foreign produced meat and vegetable can't be identified by purchasers Timmy !!

For awhile, it was required to be labeled where it was grown/harvested. But not so much anymore.
------------------------------------------------- and thats so that Americans can't [discriminate] and choose to only buy food and meat grown in the USA !!

Holy shit . You want examples of waste , the military spending is where it's at .

At least food stamp spending gets recycled into our economy.

Even when they're sold for drugs?

Even then! The end point is that food is being bought at the local store. Food grown in the us .
-------------------------------------------------- NO , the food is not always grown in the USA Timmy !!
Liberals feel in their hearts they are morally superior (they are bigots actually) because they support food stamps and 1001 other crippling welfare programs that liberals use to buy votes. When Newt Gingrich changed welfare to workfare fully half decided they were no longer poor enough for welfare. Conservatives give more to charity than liberals indicating where the actual moral superiority is. A sensible solution to food stamps is to cut the program in half and give vouchers useable only for five different foods - the cheapest and most nutritious five foods readily available.

You mean the food stamp/ farm subsidies program .

Which you don't seem to mind the buying of votes with farm subsidies.
------------------------------- you are starting to sound as bad as that other lefty 'finton' Timmy !!

I am all for helping those who are poor, but the current system is broken. Give vouchers that must be used for certain foods only....milk, eggs, bread, milk, cheese, oatmeal, canned meats, fruit/veg, etc. You don't see too many food stamp users buying canned tuna.....just saying

I would like stricter restrictions on what food stamps could be used for. They should be used for generic foods that are nutritious. They shouldn't be used for Frosted Flakes and oreos. I think that fresh produce should be free up to a certain quantity.

Also, I think that people using food stamps should be required to buy their food stamp groceries and then leave the store prior to returning and purchasing cigarettes, chips, candy, and soda.

I am all for helping those who are poor, but the current system is broken. Give vouchers that must be used for certain foods only....milk, eggs, bread, milk, cheese, oatmeal, canned meats, fruit/veg, etc. You don't see too many food stamp users buying canned tuna.....just saying

I go to the grocery store every Saturday and I monitor the purchases of people using food stamps.

You are correct...they never purchase canned tuna. Occasionally canned lump crabmeat or canned chicken...but never tuna.

Well we cant hurt their feelings....funny they all have tattoos, cell phones, cable, and smoke cigarettes like a chimney....but cant afford groceries from aldi's

Also, I think that people using food stamps should be required to buy their food stamp groceries and then leave the store prior to returning and purchasing cigarettes, chips, candy, and soda.

not sure I follow why you want them to leave the store?

A gold star for this post , why can't they tell us where are steak originated from?

I want to eat Texas steak , not Spanish steak.

A gold star for this post , why can't they tell us where are steak originated from?

------------------------------------------------ if serious its because they know that i and many other Americans like me will DISCRIMINATE and won't buy steak produced in foreign lands when Americans have a choice . I always buy American over foreign produced goods and foods when i know that the items that i desire are produced in the USA Bear .

1) The cost of food stamps is a small fraction of the overall welfare budget

2) 2/3 of those on food stamps are kids

3) Few people even qualify for food stamps because it is reserved for the poorest of the poor. It's a program way behind on the rate of inflation as well.

4) Some Veterans are on food stamps.

5) Any adult on food stamps has a job

Republicans in congress are either complete assholes or are willfully ignorant.

But hey i get it: it gives republicans hard ons to say "i don't need a handout! I provide! I'm tough as nails! Derp, derp, derp!" They then pretend complete falsehoods or stereotypes about the program because it makes them feel more manly i guess.

Why can't facts ever permeate the republican bubble?
We're not stupid. We want the poor kids to die.

------------------------------------------------ if serious its because they know that i and many other Americans like me will DISCRIMINATE and won't buy steak produced in foreign lands when Americans have a choice . I always buy American over foreign produced goods and foods when i know that the items that i desire are produced in the USA Bear .

Exactly we all will, I think 99% of us all would....

We don't want to eat any food that comes from a foregin country..

Except the exoctic stuff.

goofy stupid liberal lie. If you have a shred of evidence I"ll pay you $10,000. Bet? Do you know what a strawman is??

What straw man? It's literally the same bill that's been voted on all these years . Maybe this last year it split , but since forever the "Farm bill " includes the food stamp program .

goofy stupid liberal lie. If you have a shred of evidence I"ll pay you $10,000. Bet? Do you know what a strawman is??

What straw man? It's literally the same bill that's been voted on all these years . Maybe this last year it split , but since forever the "Farm bill " includes the food stamp program .

So know in your world there is no minority farmers? If there is not why are you trying to crash farmers and your food supply?

We know you don't hunt in the cities, unless you like eating rats ..

So know in your world there is no minority farmers? If there is not why are you trying to crash farmers and your food supply?

We know you don't hunt in the cities, unless you like eating rats ..

A simple fast Google search surprised me..

3.2 million farmers operated 2.1 million farms covering 915 million acres that generated food, fuel, and fiber for Americans and people around the world. Who are they?

In 2012, U.S. farmers were older and more diverse than in 2007, the last time the agriculture census was conducted. The total number of farmers declined, with the percentage decline more for women than men. More minorities operated farms in 2012, and the number of beginning farmers declined.

Food stamp use increased 70% during the Obama years. Is that good news or bad news to the left?
Because Republicans ruined the economy before he took office. They handed him an economy losing 750,000 jobs a month and said they would do everything they could to ruin his presidency, even if it ruined the country.

And now these traitors are on the side of Russia against the United States. So anything that hurts the country, Republicans should be ecstatic.

Just because they can buy anything it doesn't mean they do. They could buy caviar, but they would lose their benefits for the month.

Bullshit.

Forum List

Back