Why are republicans so stupid when it comes to Food Stamps?

I am all for helping those who are poor, but the current system is broken. Give vouchers that must be used for certain foods only....milk, eggs, bread, milk, cheese, oatmeal, canned meats, fruit/veg, etc. You don't see too many food stamp users buying canned tuna.....just saying

How do you know ?

When I was young I worked at a supermarket. Most tried to get the bang for the buck . Sure u suspected some frauds . No one is for that .

Logistically , it would be more trouble to pull off your plan . And what's the point really?
------------------------------------------- Seems to me that any saved money can be used rebuilding the USA Military or put to work funding TRUMPS Border wall Timmy !!

I am all for helping those who are poor, but the current system is broken. Give vouchers that must be used for certain foods only....milk, eggs, bread, milk, cheese, oatmeal, canned meats, fruit/veg, etc. You don't see too many food stamp users buying canned tuna.....just saying

How do you know ?

When I was young I worked at a supermarket. Most tried to get the bang for the buck . Sure u suspected some frauds . No one is for that .

Logistically , it would be more trouble to pull off your plan . And what's the point really?
------------------------------------------- Seems to me that any saved money can be used rebuilding the USA Military or put to work funding TRUMPS Border wall Timmy !!

Holy shit . You want examples of waste , the military spending is where it's at .

At least food stamp spending gets recycled into our economy.

and besides that what wrong with a requirement that only certain foods can be bought with foodstamps . Only healthy foods and staples should be able to be bought with food stamps Timmy .

Food stamp use increased 70% during the Obama years. Is that good news or bad news to the left?
The cost didn't go up - only the participation.

So the use increased 70% but not the cost.
What did they do? Make everyone's share smaller?
You make NO sense
Perhaps you're too dumb to know there are administrative costs. Go ahead. You'll see the cost of the program did not increase under Obama.

1) The cost of food stamps is a small fraction of the overall welfare budget

2) 2/3 of those on food stamps are kids

3) Few people even qualify for food stamps because it is reserved for the poorest of the poor. It's a program way behind on the rate of inflation as well.

4) Some Veterans are on food stamps.

5) Any adult on food stamps has a job

Republicans in congress are either complete assholes or are willfully ignorant.

But hey i get it: it gives republicans hard ons to say "i don't need a handout! I provide! I'm tough as nails! Derp, derp, derp!" They then pretend complete falsehoods or stereotypes about the program because it makes them feel more manly i guess.

Why can't facts ever permeate the republican bubble?

Your op is full of shit

Plenty of adults receive food stamps with out a job

Most SNAP participants who can work, do work. SNAP rules require all recipients meet work requirements unless they are exempt because of age or disability or another specific reason. Children, seniors, and those with disabilities comprise almost two-thirds of all SNAP participants. Among households that include someone who is able to work, more than 75 percent* had a job in year before or after receiving SNAP. Forty-three percent of SNAP participants live in a household with earnings.

Some of these working individuals are ABAWDs, or able-bodied adults without dependents. ABAWDs must meet special work requirements, in addition to the general work requirements, to maintain their eligibility.

Able-Bodied Adults Without Dependents (ABAWDs) | Food and Nutrition Service

BpBkop_CQAATX_Q.jpg

That's not the question

Retarded Billy said ALL adults who get a job our on food stamps

I did not say that you dumb fuck. Read it again.

Food stamp use increased 70% during the Obama years. Is that good news or bad news to the left?

You make NO sense
Perhaps you're too dumb to know there are administrative costs. Go ahead. You'll see the cost of the program did not increase under Obama.

Wow.
I simply had no idea is was possible for someone to be so wrong so often
You best be glad blinking is an automatic thing or your eyeballs would be like little bitty raisins

You make NO sense

Wow.
You best be glad blinking is an automatic thing or your eyeballs would be like little bitty raisins
All you have to do is prove my facts wrong.

Yes, most those on food stamps are either children, disabled, or the elderly. But if someone works and receives food stamps, their employer should be taxed that amount. Otherwise, food stamps are merely subsidizing the wages of the lowest paid workers.

I was a manager of a grocery department a long time ago. I got so pissed hearing the employees bitch and moan about food stamps that I called a meeting. I started out by proclaiming the our store was no longer going to accept food stamps. After the applause wore off I told them that food stamps accounted for over 15% of the business and they could go ahead and pick the one out of six employees we were going to lay off. They never bitched about food stamps again.

3) Few people even qualify for food stamps because it is reserved for the poorest of the poor. It's a program way behind on the rate of inflation as well.

But hey i get it: it gives republicans hard ons to say "i don't need a handout! I provide! I'm tough as nails! Derp, derp, derp!" They then pretend complete falsehoods or stereotypes about the program because it makes them feel more manly i guess.

Your op is full of shit

Most SNAP participants who can work, do work. SNAP rules require all recipients meet work requirements unless they are exempt because of age or disability or another specific reason. Children, seniors, and those with disabilities comprise almost two-thirds of all SNAP participants. Among households that include someone who is able to work, more than 75 percent* had a job in year before or after receiving SNAP. Forty-three percent of SNAP participants live in a household with earnings.

Some of these working individuals are ABAWDs, or able-bodied adults without dependents. ABAWDs must meet special work requirements, in addition to the general work requirements, to maintain their eligibility.

BpBkop_CQAATX_Q.jpg

That's not the question

Your definition of any different then the dictionary now?

an·y
ˈenē/
determiner & pronoun
  1. 1.
    used to refer to one or some of a thing or number of things, no matter how much or many.
    "I don't have any choice"
  2. 2.
    whichever of a specified class might be chosen.
    "these constellations are visible at any hour of the night"
adverb
  1. 1.
    (used for emphasis) at all; in some degree.
    "he wasn't any good at basketball"
    synonyms: at all, in the least, to any extent, in/to any degree
    "is your father any better

How do you know ?

Holy shit . You want examples of waste , the military spending is where it's at .

You never heard of good paying Union defense contractor jobs?

How do you know ?

Even when they're sold for drugs?

[QUOTE="Billy000, post: 17324036, member: 33739"

All you have to do is prove my facts wrong.[/QUOTE]

You have to post a fact if you want it proved wrong, so post one!!!

Your op is full of shit

BpBkop_CQAATX_Q.jpg

That's not the question

an·y
ˈenē/
determiner & pronoun
  1. 1.
    used to refer to one or some of a thing or number of things, no matter how much or many.
  2. 2.
adverb
  1. 1.

Btw I don't think people with out children with a job can get food stamps if they do it must be $30 bucks a month...

Oh wait I forget it changes state to state, States rules

You make NO sense

Wow.

Google.
Goooooogle.
GOOGLE!

Your op is full of shit

BpBkop_CQAATX_Q.jpg

That's not the question

an·y
ˈenē/
determiner & pronoun
  1. 1.
  2. 2.
adverb
  1. 1.

What the fuck? Do you really struggle this badly with reading comprehension? "Anyone ON FOOD STAMPS has a job."

You make NO sense

Wow.

Google.
Goooooogle.
GOOGLE!
Good, you google it and get back to me.

Your op is full of shit

BpBkop_CQAATX_Q.jpg

That's not the question

an·y
ˈenē/
determiner & pronoun
  1. 1.
  2. 2.
adverb
  1. 1.

What the fuck? Do you really struggle this badly with reading comprehension? "Anyone ON FOOD STAMPS has a job."

So you fucking lie once again, people on food stamps don't have to have a fucking job...

Why would most people who have a job need food stamps?

You make NO sense

Wow.

Google.
Goooooogle.
GOOGLE!
Good, you google it and get back to me.

Nope.
Not my fault you're either too stupid or lazy to punch a couple buttons.

The entire point of food stamps if people don't have a job, don't go hungry and start stealing

Duh....

Forum List

Back