Why A "Good Guy with a Gun" is Bullshit

This is the reality of being in an active shooting situation, whether it's a crowded store or a building with hallways and several levels.

So say you actually pull your gun out and stay in place until you are found? You have a lot of explaining to do when the cops arrive, and explain very quickly.

13438793_1037942286296784_2402830835013049913_n.jpg
Mother Shoots Intruder in Her Child's Bedroom.

An Oregon mother shot and killed an intruder she found inside one of her children’s bedrooms early Sunday, according to police.

The 33-year-old woman had just returned to her Southeast Portland home with her two children, ages 5 and 10, when she encountered the man, KOIN 5 reported.

According to local news reports, the woman used her own handgun to shoot the 59-year-old man. The names of the woman and the intruder have not been publicly released.

Police are working to determine why the man was inside the home. A neighbor told KOIN that the home had been vacant for some time before the woman and her children moved in.

“I know when the previous renters were there, there was a lot of mischief,” neighbor Amber Murray told the station.

The woman is reportedly cooperating with investigators and the case will be sent to the Multnomah County District Attorney’s office for review.

You're mixing apples with oranges. This guy also seems to have been unarmed.
In a war of wits you are decidedly unarmed.

Calling you a retard would be an insult to retards. The bad guy is easy enough to spot for the rest of us.

How many active shooters have you been confronted with in real life? No dipshit, you just see their mug shots on the news or their FB page posed with a gun and now you're an expert....More like an x-spurt.

Yet you posted your tripe and consider it the gospel. What makes you an expert.
She wants to make it plain she's just like little Joey!!!

If a shooter enters the gay club she's in and starts firing, she'll die on her knees, giving the guy a blowjob...
Speaking from experience?
Heck no...

I'm concealed carry...

Now what about YOUR experience???
I keep my dick in my pants.
I was talking about your experience giving blowjobs in bars .
You talk like an expert.

Your premise is wrong at the most basic level. The correct mode of action for a CCW holder is to hold in place, and if the shooter tries to enter the area he controls, take him out.

Private CCW holders can be compared to a minefield, what you are hoping for is the active shooter doesn't expect armed resistance and the CCW holder can get some shots in before the active shooter realizes he is being confronted.

If you hold in place and you hear someone coming down a blind hallway, do you shout out and ask if they are the police, the shooter or another good guy? If it's the shooter, you're shit out of luck, aren't you? If it's the police they may not believe you are a good guy. They may think you're the shooter trying to save his sorry ass.

And if you hold in place but can hear the shooter actively killing people in another part of the building, what do you do? Your gun becomes a joke to the people who are dying.

So you should check YOUR premise for reality.
If you are a "good guy with a gun" and you see a cop, you immediately drop your weapon and put your hands up, immediately. That this escapes anyone is puzzling.

This is the reality of being in an active shooting situation, whether it's a crowded store or a building with hallways and several levels.
Such idiocy.
Of course you don't go looking for him.
However when he finds YOU, you then have the means to stop him.

If you people would think before you re-posted mindless memes stolen form someone else, you;d be less of a danger to yourselves and everyone else.
Why do these loonies automatically think if you have a gun on you. Your automatically Rambo?

You answered the question yourself. They get movies mixed up with reality.
You're an idiot, just about all my friends own and some carry guns on them. I never worry. When I go out of town my gun also goes, but I have yet to shoot anyone, or even come close. Imagine that?

Such idiocy.

If you people would think before you re-posted mindless memes stolen form someone else, you;d be less of a danger to yourselves and everyone else.

Keep reading....I said what if you can hear the gunman shooting in another part of the building?Your "good guy gun" becomes a useless toy if it can't be used to save those lives.

And if everybody stopped posting "mindless memes" on here, the righties would have to find another board.

So say you actually pull your gun out and stay in place until you are found? You have a lot of explaining to do when the cops arrive, and explain very quickly.

Calling you a retard would be an insult to retards. The bad guy is easy enough to spot for the rest of us.
Let's apply logic:

A shooter intent on killing as many as possible is carrying what weapon(s)?

A CC permit holder is carrying what weapon?

How many active shooters have you been confronted with in real life? No dipshit, you just see their mug shots on the news or their FB page posed with a gun and now you're an expert....More like an x-spurt.

I was held up at gun point when I was 17 years old walking home from high school in a "nice" part of town. I know what it's like to be staring the barrel of somebody willing to kill you....do you? I will NEVER feel that helps again in my life, and I learned a valuable lesson that day: bad things can and do happen to good people.

Yes, as a matter of fact, I have. I was 14. It was an accident, I knew the person and luckily the gun did not go off.

Mine was no an accident-the man stalked myself and two friends down the street, held us up at point and had us go to an open field (surrounded by trees so nobody could see from the road, he waited until we were right near there). Told us if we made any noise we would "only make one more sound in our lives-our bodies hitting the floor" and that our "mothers won't recognize us". Took all of our belongings (which wasn't much). We went to the nearest house to call the police, they came out spoke with us and told us that there was a guy doing this to teenagers around our age, and there wasn't anything they could do until he was caught.

I have a hard time with somebody telling me that as an adult if something like that happens again that I shouldn't be able to armed to defend my own life.

PS: I edited my post but you probably missed it: how many people do you know that have been murdered by a mass shooter? I knew one...and I'd assume that's more than you...it's very possible, although not probable, to be put into that situation.

Your premise is wrong at the most basic level. The correct mode of action for a CCW holder is to hold in place, and if the shooter tries to enter the area he controls, take him out.

Private CCW holders can be compared to a minefield, what you are hoping for is the active shooter doesn't expect armed resistance and the CCW holder can get some shots in before the active shooter realizes he is being confronted.

If you hold in place and you hear someone coming down a blind hallway, do you shout out and ask if they are the police, the shooter or another good guy? If it's the shooter, you're shit out of luck, aren't you? If it's the police they may not believe you are a good guy. They may think you're the shooter trying to save his sorry ass.

And if you hold in place but can hear the shooter actively killing people in another part of the building, what do you do? Your gun becomes a joke to the people who are dying.

No, if the shooter walks up to you and you don't have a gun. You are shit out of luck. If you have a gun at least you have a chance.
Not always not even 50% of the time.
If the shooter has the gun out and is firing or is got a bead on you .

Follow this thread for further NRA talking points and rhetoric from the 2nd Amendments droids who will not offer any fact-based information on how to handle yourself in an active shooting situation if you are carrying a concealed weapon.
Before you ever carry a weapon in public you get training on how to use it properly. Apparently, you're missing that fact.

The FACT is that CC permit holders are among the most sober and responsible people out there, as evidenced by the fact that they went through all the training and all the hoops necessary to get the permit. Cowboys, they are not.

Tell you what, when you see an epidemic of CC permit holders going off half-cocked and shooting up places, let us know. Until then, you're just spouting off fantasies.

Good guys with guns cannot prevent shootings. March 1981. four men are shot and wounded on the streets of Washington D.C. in broad daylight. Two of the wounded were armed themselves. One of the wounded received a grievous, life altering head wound. The fourth was the President of the United States of America.

All were surrounded by the best armed, best trained cadre of security personnel in history. All were good guys with guns.

maxresdefault.jpg

Good guys with guns cannot prevent shootings. March 1981. four men are shot and wounded on the streets of Washington D.C. in broad daylight. Two of the wounded were armed themselves. One of the wounded received a grievous, life altering head wound. The fourth was the President of the United States of America.

All were surrounded by the best armed, best trained cadre of security personnel in history. All were good guys with guns.

maxresdefault.jpg

Of course good guys with guns cannot prevent shooting, but they can indeed minimize the amount of casualties.

The problem or should I say one of the many problems with martyrbegan's theory is unless the good guy has a clear shot it's more than likely he will miss due to the inability to concentrate on the target due to the fluid nature of group of people in a panic.

A guy without a gun has 100% chance of missing.

Again, you are not trying to make a bad situation good, or expecting perfection, you are trying to make a bad situation less bad.
That kind of wishful thinking is why the good guy with gun fantasy is so dangerous.
It's a simple equation more guns=more bullets = more deaths.
The only workable solutions involve more security measures and more trained guards
In public places.
I don't know of anyone that fantasizes about this shit except gun grabber leftists. Where are YOUR examples of ccw holders taking each other out?

You stupid assholes demand proof to fictitious ill defined scenarios and pull whatever you want out of your rears for evidence.
2 Concealed Carry Holders Kill Each Other In Road Rage Incident

maxresdefault.jpg

OMG, and these good guys were also trained Secret Service whose job is to do nothing else EXCEPT look out for shooters. Next idiot.....

The problem or should I say one of the many problems with martyrbegan's theory is unless the good guy has a clear shot it's more than likely he will miss due to the inability to concentrate on the target due to the fluid nature of group of people in a panic.

Again, you are not trying to make a bad situation good, or expecting perfection, you are trying to make a bad situation less bad.
That kind of wishful thinking is why the good guy with gun fantasy is so dangerous.
The only workable solutions involve more security measures and more trained guards
In public places.
I don't know of anyone that fantasizes about this shit except gun grabber leftists. Where are YOUR examples of ccw holders taking each other out?

You stupid assholes demand proof to fictitious ill defined scenarios and pull whatever you want out of your rears for evidence.

-That's not completely "random"

-That's not mass shooting

-How many of the mass shooters (which is what the issue really is) have had concealed carried? I honestly don't know, but I haven't heard that they do/did.

Mother Shoots Intruder in Her Child's Bedroom.

An Oregon mother shot and killed an intruder she found inside one of her children’s bedrooms early Sunday, according to police.

The 33-year-old woman had just returned to her Southeast Portland home with her two children, ages 5 and 10, when she encountered the man, KOIN 5 reported.

According to local news reports, the woman used her own handgun to shoot the 59-year-old man. The names of the woman and the intruder have not been publicly released.

Police are working to determine why the man was inside the home. A neighbor told KOIN that the home had been vacant for some time before the woman and her children moved in.

“I know when the previous renters were there, there was a lot of mischief,” neighbor Amber Murray told the station.

The woman is reportedly cooperating with investigators and the case will be sent to the Multnomah County District Attorney’s office for review.

You're mixing apples with oranges. This guy also seems to have been unarmed.
In a war of wits you are decidedly unarmed.

In a room full of nitwits you're the winner.

So, if I'm in an active shooter situation my other option is having no ability to defend myself.

Would I rather hide or hide with a gun in case the shooter finds me?

What a stupid fuckin' thread....

Such idiocy.
Keep reading....I said what if you can hear the gunman shooting in another part of the building?
I addressed this. Do try to keep up.

And if everybody stopped posting "mindless memes" on here, the righties would have to find another board.
Because they'd have nothing to respond to, the liberals having gone silent.

In public places.

-That's not completely "random"

-That's not mass shooting

-How many of the mass shooters (which is what the issue really is) have had concealed carried? I honestly don't know, but I haven't heard that they do/did.
Rationalizing.

No, if the shooter walks up to you and you don't have a gun. You are shit out of luck. If you have a gun at least you have a chance.
Not always not even 50% of the time.
If the shooter has the gun out and is firing or is got a bead on you .
Whatever if it increases my chance by 1% I'll take it over 0% chance. I bet the guy in the bathroom in the Orlando incident wished he had a gun. He texted his mother for over 10 minutes I believe. Saying he was fixing to die.

Forum List

Back