Who's going to pay?

zzzz

Just a regular American
Jul 24, 2010
Yountsville
I am struck by the infrastructure decay in this country. Look around and you see sidewalks crumbling, roads and bridges needing repair, not to mention what we cannot see below ground in our sewers and water supplies. Where is the money going to come from to pay for repairs or for what is really needed, a major overhaul?
Here’s what the experts are saying about our "D" grade on infrastructure: "It's the kind of report card you would have expected on the eve of the collapse of the Roman Empire," says Stephen Flynn, a senior fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations, a nonpartisan think tank in New York.
Right now roads are being closed because there are no funds to repair bridges. Sure they are not vital roads but eventually “the chickens will come home to roost!” Something needs to be done now because in 20 years …

Easy. It's going to come from the rich people the government taxes. 50% of people pay no income tax. And 90% of local and state taxes come from that same 50% who pay income taxes.

You got a bridge in your town that is in need of repair? Fix it. Wanna live along the Missouri during high water seasons? Build your own dikes. Wanna live on the beach front in Biloxi? Dont look to me to rebuild. Its time we looked to ourselves for answers.

You got a bridge in your town that is in need of repair? Fix it. Wanna live along the Missouri during high water seasons? Build your own dikes. Wanna live on the beach front in Biloxi? Dont look to me to rebuild. Its time we looked to ourselves for answers.

I don't mind modest taxes to fund infrastructure, fire, police, military and maybe a small safety net for the disabled and elderly. All those things are necessary and useful.

It's out of control spending and taxes, and massive social welfare thats the problem.

I just wish liberals would thank the rich a little bit for all they've done for them.

I am struck by the infrastructure decay in this country. Look around and you see sidewalks crumbling, roads and bridges needing repair, not to mention what we cannot see below ground in our sewers and water supplies. Where is the money going to come from to pay for repairs or for what is really needed, a major overhaul?
Here’s what the experts are saying about our "D" grade on infrastructure: "It's the kind of report card you would have expected on the eve of the collapse of the Roman Empire," says Stephen Flynn, a senior fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations, a nonpartisan think tank in New York.
Right now roads are being closed because there are no funds to repair bridges. Sure they are not vital roads but eventually “the chickens will come home to roost!” Something needs to be done now because in 20 years …

We have to finish rebuilding Iraq and Afghanistan.

Wait your turn.

well the 50% of Americans who don't pay federal income tax could step up and contribute but I know that's not what yer looking for is it?

I don't mind modest taxes to fund infrastructure, fire, police, military and maybe a small safety net for the disabled and elderly. All those things are necessary and useful.

It's out of control spending and taxes, and massive social welfare thats the problem.

I just wish liberals would thank the rich a little bit for all they've done for them.

libturds won't be happy til the rich are poor. then we;ll get another stupid question like this one..:eusa_angel:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Kick those twenty million illegal aliens out and there would be plenty of money to fix those things. Put the frosting on that cake with less government waste and fraud and a flat tax that everyone paid, and this country would be swimming in money.

Reading this thread is like reading a list of the worst possible ideas. I'm going to take a wild guess and say not one of you have any background in finance or economics. Just a hunch.

Sounds simple. It isn't. Building bridges and dikes are the government’s responsibility, that’s what we pay taxes for not to mention all the laws and regulations that you would have to break if you tried to build it yourself. So what are you going to do when your municipal sewer system collapses. Porta potty?

We have to finish rebuilding Iraq and Afghanistan.

Wait your turn.

Not to mention all the billions we are giving Egypt, Israel and all those other countries around the world!

We pay enormous amounts of USER TAXES via the federal and state governments' taxation on fuel.

Why isn't that money being reinvested into our transporation systems?

It is, only our states and the Feds are so cozy with the private contractors who they hire to build and maintain our roads that stuff costs way more than it should.

well the 50% of Americans who don't pay federal income tax could step up and contribute but I know that's not what yer looking for is it?

If the lower 50% of Americans are undertaxed and the upper 50% are overtaxed,

why won't conservative Republicans simply run on raising taxes on the less wealthy and lowering taxes for the more wealthy?

We pay enormous amounts of USER TAXES via the federal and state governments' taxation on fuel.

It is, only our states and the Feds are so cozy with the private contractors who they hire to build and maintain our roads that stuff costs way more than it should.

now that's a very damn good question. the politicians squander it away in their pork shit just like the did with ss.

I coined a new term yesterday,

Tax Envy.

it's the phenomenon of wealthy conservatives pissing and moaning because they have to pay a little more in taxes compared to the people making half, or a fifth, or a tenth, or a hundredth, of what they're making.

why won't conservative Republicans simply run on raising taxes on the less wealthy and lowering taxes for the more wealthy?

:lol::lol::lol: so you agree the 50% of leeches that pay NO taxes are undertaxed. It's a miracle I tell ya.

:lol::lol::lol: so you agree the 50% of leeches that pay NO taxes are undertaxed. It's a miracle I tell ya.

What's the odds that you're part of that 50% that doesn't pay a thing? I say chances are good.

now that's a very damn good question. the politicians squander it away in their pork shit just like the did with ss.

Just so long as you understand that it takes the LOCAL STATE and FEDERAL government to get it this screwed it up.

You right wingers who think the whole problem of political corruption only is at the FEDERAL level just aren't paying attention

Didn't you tell us that you don't work?

Who the hell are you to call anybody a leach?

Forum List

Back