Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Franklin D. Roosevelt

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • jfk

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • barak obama

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
Don't blame Republicans for what FDR and his Dem controlled Congress and SCOTUS did. Man up.
FDR had 9 years to build our military. He didn't, so Japan and Germany felt confident in declaring war on America.

Japan didn't declear war because they were confident. They were desperate. Sanctions FDR put into place forced them into a war.

Hitler declared war because he was a crazy person. Like Trump.

that's part of it. he also did what he did because Germany was humiliated after WWI. and, honestly, he may have been crazy, but an awful lot of people said "hell yeah" to the crazy.

Building up our military could have helped the economy, as it did in the 80's.
But FDR left our military so weak Japan and Germany thought it was a good idea to declare war on us.

Except that most of the disarmerment that occurred happened under REpublicans in the 1920. Republicans signed the Washington Naval Treaties and teh Kellogg-Briand Pact and all the other happy horseshit that lead to the lack of preparedness before WWII.

FDR authorized new aircraft development and a new naval building program well before the war started.
Don't forget the National Defense Act of 1920, passed by a Republican-controlled Senate, House and President that put restrictions on manpower that only allowed for isolationist self-protection.

Unions don't protect workers. Unions extort in order to get workers more than the skills required to do their job are worth.

Guy, we have Adjunct Professors on food stamps and airline pilots selling their blood plasma. The notion that we are all going to "Get the right skills" to work our way out of the greed of the 1% is just ludicrous.

We have high school dropouts who think someone should offset their choice that produced the inability to make it financially and call them greedy when they expect the person to be responsible for those choices.

Don't blame Republicans for what FDR and his Dem controlled Congress and SCOTUS did. Man up.
FDR had 9 years to build our military. He didn't, so Japan and Germany felt confident in declaring war on America.

Japan didn't declear war because they were confident. They were desperate. Sanctions FDR put into place forced them into a war.

Hitler declared war because he was a crazy person. Like Trump.
Japan and Germany declared war on America because they felt confident in that course rather than compromising with America.
Because FDR kept our military weak and unthreatening. Like Obama.

I don't pretend to be self sustaining. I AM self sustaining. Why do you assume everyone needs the government to take care of them?

So are you going to swear off of Social Security and Medicare when you retire?

Why would I swear off not getting back what is mine to start with. That argument is invalid. You do know I was required to contribute. Are you saying I shouldn't get back what is mine? Tell you what, when the freeloaders who get the EIC in a tax return voluntarily stop taking what isn't theirs, I'll not take what is mine. Deal? In the end, I'll still be better off than they will.

I agree.

FDR was a great war leader but everything he did as POTUS extended the Great Depression.

The only thing that stopped it was WWII.

Mathew should do a little research on FDR before spouting off at what a great president he was.
But it was FDR gutting the military that allowed the Japanese and Germans to believe declaring war on us was a good move.

Franklin Roosevelt spent the four years of his service cleaning up the goddam miserable mess Hoover left. I lived through it...I'm 81 years old. Take it for granted ass holes today think everything is as simple as learning to use their I Phones.
But FDR left our military so weak Japan and Germany thought it was a good idea to declare war on us.
Yet, Republicans mocked his attempts to build up the military in the late 30s and called him a war monger

The 73rd - 76th Congress terms between January 1933 and January 1941 were controlled by Democrats in both houses. Are you saying the Republican minority prevented the Democrat MAJORITY from doing things? The Democrats in those 4 terms had an over 60% voting bloc in the Senate and anywhere from a 60% to as high as 73% voting bloc in the House. Hardly anything the Republicans could do to stop them. It's disingenuous or an outright lie to say the Republicans had anything to do with the military not being able to be built up.
Let's just rectify this misinformation. The National Defense Act of 1920 that decimated the military and prevented it from growing was implemented by a Republican Congress and President.

Except that most of the disarmerment that occurred happened under REpublicans in the 1920. Republicans signed the Washington Naval Treaties and teh Kellogg-Briand Pact and all the other happy horseshit that lead to the lack of preparedness before WWII.

FDR authorized new aircraft development and a new naval building program well before the war started.
Don't forget the National Defense Act of 1920, passed by a Republican-controlled Senate, House and President that put restrictions on manpower that only allowed for isolationist self-protection.
"The National Defense Act of 1920 also required the Army to conduct studies and planning for wartime mobilization, rather than waiting for war to be declared to begin planning."

Yeah, really tied FDR's hands.

But it was FDR gutting the military that allowed the Japanese and Germans to believe declaring war on us was a good move.

Franklin Roosevelt spent the four years of his service cleaning up the goddam miserable mess Hoover left. I lived through it...I'm 81 years old. Take it for granted ass holes today think everything is as simple as learning to use their I Phones.
Yet, Republicans mocked his attempts to build up the military in the late 30s and called him a war monger

The 73rd - 76th Congress terms between January 1933 and January 1941 were controlled by Democrats in both houses. Are you saying the Republican minority prevented the Democrat MAJORITY from doing things? The Democrats in those 4 terms had an over 60% voting bloc in the Senate and anywhere from a 60% to as high as 73% voting bloc in the House. Hardly anything the Republicans could do to stop them. It's disingenuous or an outright lie to say the Republicans had anything to do with the military not being able to be built up.
Let's just rectify this misinformation. The National Defense Act of 1920 that decimated the military and prevented it from growing was implemented by a Republican Congress and President.
"The 1920 Act was the basis for the Army's organization through World War II, and remained largely in effect until passage of the National Security Act of 1947."

Oops!

"The National Defense Act of 1920 also required the Army to conduct studies and planning for wartime mobilization, rather than waiting for war to be declared to begin planning."

FDR prepared the nation for war and his efforts are recognized as an example of his genius.

What's your point? I'm not responsible for single family households, someone else's kids, and someone else's parents. I responsible for MY household.

Apparently it doesn't take much for you to think one person owes another person something in life yet all you bleeding hearts have to do for what you want done to happen is write a check. No government action is needed. Just yours.

Uh, guy, I can't write a check big enough to change what is wrong with this society.

I can cast a vote to, though.

Your argument is that everyone on food stamps is a "Freeloader", not children, people who have jobs, but are being cheaated by their employers, or people who worked hard all their lives and had their savings stolen by wall street.

Conservatism is a form of Stockholm Syndrome. You've started to identify with your abusers.

Then STFU about someone else doing it because you want it done. If you can't do it, the last person that needs to be saying someone else should is you.

If you get something from a pot to which you don't contribute, you're a freeloader. Children don't get food stamps. Their parents do. Funny thing is many of those parents also get free school lunch for their kids. Talk about redundancy.

Incorrect information. The 1920 Act was an update of the 1916 Act. Interesting thing is at neither time was the Presidency held by a Republican and in 1916 when the original act was passed, Democrats controlled both houses. Look it up if you don't believe me.

FDR prepared the nation for war and his efforts are recognized as an example of his genius.

He couldn't prepare himself to get out of a chair alone.

FDR may have prepared the nation for war.
But he was so incompetent at it Germany and Japan felt it was a good move declaring war on us.

When Japan and Germany declared war on America, the US Army was ranked 19th in the world. Right behind Portugal.

So why not have house stamps, auto stamps, Vegas stamps, iPhone stamps, booze stamps, hooker stamps...etc. all good for the economy as Nancy claims.

I'd rather have full employment and eveyone getting a living wage. But that's too advanced for you "Stockholm Conservatives".
You were the one touting food stamps as essential to the Agra market. I was just carrying it to its logical conclusion.

When Japan and Germany declared war on America, the US Army was ranked 19th in the world. Right behind Portugal.
True that

Took three years for FDR to get us to number one

Greatest mobilization in history

True that

WW 2 would have never occurred had FDR done his job.

True that

Stop trying to make me laugh

True that

Stop trying to make me laugh
Uneducated in military history as well as economics I see.

Forum List

Back