Who the hell is Bill Weld and why the hell is he running for President?

Massachusetts ex-governor first Republican to challenge Trump for 2020 | Reuters

I like to consider myself pretty well informed, but I have never heard of Bill Weld, so I can't understand what the hell makes him think he has even a slight chance to take on Donald Trump for the Republican nomination.

Also, the RNC has already endorsed Trump.

When will any big name person run against Trump?

So far, other than the Starbucks guy, we have a bunch of nobodies.
Anybody can run for president. Even Hillary Clinton.
No she can't I will not let her I will hypnotize her and make her a cat.

Massachusetts ex-governor first Republican to challenge Trump for 2020 | Reuters

I like to consider myself pretty well informed, but I have never heard of Bill Weld, so I can't understand what the hell makes him think he has even a slight chance to take on Donald Trump for the Republican nomination.

He has every right to do so.....and how quickly conservative republicans forget how many GOPrs ran in 2016.

And yet they do remember how many GROPErs did....

He was a popular figure in the Republican party long before Trump started pretending he was a Republican. People just have short attention spans.

Or they're too young to remember...

Probably more than half the Trump supporters on this board are over the age of 50. Many of them talk about how Trump is the best President since Reagan. They'll just ignore that the man in question was appointed U.S. Attorney for MA by Reagan, at the recommendation of Trump's personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, because all it takes is saying anything negative about their New York liberal, and you're the liberal. Fucking bizarro world.

Hey, Ignorance is Strength, comrade. Also Lincoln invented slavery and we have always been at war with ISISia.

we have a president who openly praises despotic dictators. WHY?

we have a president who unravels nuclear arms control agreements with hostile countries. WHY?

he has railed against the rule of law. WHY?

he hates the freedom of the press. WHY IS THAT?

"good folks on both sides"...WTF

he has demonstrated vindictiveness. WHY?

he acts like a schoolyard bully except when he's in the room with other bullies like Putin, then he turns into a pipsqueak.

he may have great energy and considerable raw talent, but he doesnt use them to be productive.

to compound matters, he's unstable

my friends, Governor Weld won every political corruption case he prosecuted under Reagan. clear choices for voters. Bill Weld will win the presidency. DEAL WITH IT

We dont need 6 more years of the antics we have seen, we need to install leaders that know that character counts

"i'm not joining the knownothing party. i'm joining the party of Lincoln. i'm gonna make that stick with Trump" - Governor Weld

He has every right to do so.....and how quickly conservative republicans forget how many GOPrs ran in 2016.

Yeah, and how many of them lost to Trump?

Weld wants to be the first candidate to drop out before 2020 even arrives!

He's a liberal Republican.
Trump would crush him.

He's a libertarian Republican. Reagan Republicans will choose him over Trump in a heartbeat. He's trying to take the party back from the rednecked fascists.
There is not a scintilla of libertarian in or about Weld

Hell of a lot more than anyone who smells like Trump.

Trump isn't a Republican... he's an opportunistic snake oil salesman who will say anything to get people to buy his wares.

Even if that description were true, it would still be a better choice than anything the Dems are offering!

I like to consider myself pretty well informed, but I have never heard of Bill Weld so I can't understand what the hell makes him think he has even a slight chance to take on Donald Trump for the Republican nomination.

I believe Bill was the running mate (VP candidate) on the Libertarian ticket in 2016

He was a popular figure in the Republican party long before Trump started pretending he was a Republican. People just have short attention spans.

A Massachusetts Republican is a Democrat in sheep's clothing.

What's a New York Democrat turned Republican?

We call him "Mr. President"., just like we did a California Democrat turned Republican named Reagan.

So is it only those from Massachusetts that cannot be real Republicans? :eusa_think:

A Massachusetts Republican is a Democrat in sheep's clothing.

What's a New York Democrat turned Republican?

We call him "Mr. President"., just like we did a California Democrat turned Republican named Reagan.

So is it only those from Massachusetts that cannot be real Republicans? :eusa_think:
It's funny how people become RINOs....just....like....that....:71:

Forum List

Back