Who the hell is Bill Weld and why the hell is he running for President?

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
Massachusetts ex-governor first Republican to challenge Trump for 2020 | Reuters

I like to consider myself pretty well informed, but I have never heard of Bill Weld, so I can't understand what the hell makes him think he has even a slight chance to take on Donald Trump for the Republican nomination.

Also, the RNC has already endorsed Trump.

When will any big name person run against Trump?

So far, other than the Starbucks guy, we have a bunch of nobodies.

He was a popular figure in the Republican party long before Trump started pretending he was a Republican. People just have short attention spans.

Massachusetts ex-governor first Republican to challenge Trump for 2020 | Reuters

I like to consider myself pretty well informed, but I have never heard of Bill Weld, so I can't understand what the hell makes him think he has even a slight chance to take on Donald Trump for the Republican nomination.

He's a liberal Republican.
Trump would crush him.

He was the Governor of Marxataxachusetts after Dukakis....He had a fiscal mess to clean up and did it fairly well...Other than that, he wasn't anything to write home about.

He ran as Gary Johnson's veep candidate on the LP in 2016...Probably because he was even more incoherent than Johnson and was a welcome distraction.

He's to the left of Mittens and drinks like a Kennedy.

He’s a crazy drunk . Probably fell and hit his head . Then declared himself a candidate.

Trump would crush him.

Of course he's the liberal. Trump was always the true conservative.

Because they can run is why they run..

Trump would crush him.

Of course he's the liberal. Trump was always the true conservative.
You can tell by his weigh..

mmm ..classic Parasite Effect, oppose Trump and have instant popularity with loony left wing news and TDS-ers everywhere.

Puts him in a good position if Trump’s been imprisoned by then

He was the Governor of Marxataxachusetts after Dukakis....He had a fiscal mess to clean up and did it fairly well...Other than that, he wasn't anything to write home about.

He ran as Gary Johnson's veep candidate on the LP in 2016...Probably because he was even more incoherent than Johnson and was a welcome distraction.

He's to the left of Mittens and drinks like a Kennedy.

I didn't hear a lot from Weld, but I thought he came off as far more coherent and 'presidential' than Johnson. I would have preferred Weld at the top of that ticket from what little I saw of him. :dunno:

Anybody can run for president. Even Hillary Clinton.

YET ANOTHER thread moaning and groaning that you're out of touch?

Bill Weld was Gary Johnson's running mate in 2016. Way to keep up.

Is there, in fact, anyone anywhere running for President that you HAVE heard of? Besides Rump?

And is that why you vote for Rump --- because you've "heard of" him? Ass seen on TV?

Forum List

Back