Who the hell is Bill Weld and why the hell is he running for President?

Who the hell is Bill Weld and why the hell is he running for President?

He’s the guy who will wind up at the convention with zero delegates.

Kind of irrelevant.
Ask Teddy Roosevelt about where walking into the convention with a majority of delegates gets you.

I've just been into the Wayback Machine, put in three dimes, and found these classic OP threads from the past:

From USMB 1792, Politics forum:
"Who the Hell is George Washington and Why the Hell is he Running for President???
smiliegah.gif
"

From USMB 1964, Music forum:

"Who the Hell are the Beatles and Why the Hell are they Making Music??" :death:

From USMB 1876, Science and Technology Forum:

"Who the Hell is Alexander Graham Bell and Why the Hell is He Insisting we Talk To Each Other??" :crybaby:

He was a popular figure in the Republican party long before Trump started pretending he was a Republican. People just have short attention spans.

A Massachusetts Republican is a Democrat in sheep's clothing.

What's a New York Democrat turned Republican?

We call him "Mr. President"., just like we did a California Democrat turned Republican named Reagan.

So is it only those from Massachusetts that cannot be real Republicans? :eusa_think:
It's funny how people become RINOs....just....like....that....:71:

Weld has always been a RINO. You are a lib, so you cannot tell the difference.

He was a popular figure in the Republican party long before Trump started pretending he was a Republican. People just have short attention spans.

We call him "Mr. President"., just like we did a California Democrat turned Republican named Reagan.

Reagan became a Republican over 30 years before he became President.

Reagan was a Republican in 1950? Stop pissing on our legs and telling us it is raining, dumbass!

Try 1962. He was governor of California in 1967!

Man, the stupid is strong in you!

Now, man up and admit you are an idiot!

Reagan was a Republican in 1950? Stop pissing on our legs and telling us it is raining, dumbass!

Actually it is raining. But your pissing on your own leg.

By the mid 50s Reagan was giving speeches that were decidedly pro-business and socially conservative. But even if we take your 1962 date, that's nearly 20 years before being elected President. The point that you are failing to comprehend is that Reagan was a true blooded Republican with years of history backing conservative principles and the Republican party. Donald is just an opportunist infiltrator who changed his voter registration in 2016 and continues to flaunt Republican and conservative principles.

Actually it is raining. But your pissing on your own leg.

By the mid 50s Reagan was giving speeches that were decidedly pro-business and socially conservative. But even if we take your 1962 date, that's nearly 20 years before being elected President. The point that you are failing to comprehend is that Reagan was a true blooded Republican with years of history backing conservative principles and the Republican party. Donald is just an opportunist infiltrator who changed his voter registration in 2016 and continues to flaunt Republican and conservative principles.

He was the president of a union in 1947! Do you ever research your stupid fantasies to see if they conflict with the actual historical record? No, that would be too hard for a dumbass, especially someone messing up "your" for "you're"! Look at that! You used it correctly and incorrectly in the same seven word sentence!

Reagan was quoted as saying that he never left the Democrat Party, but the Democrat Party left him!

So is it only those from Massachusetts that cannot be real Republicans? :eusa_think:

It's not about me being a liberal, it's about me watching conservative republicans calling anyone a RINO at the drop of a hat.....while supporting a NYC democrat/nationalist.

Yes...a Republican governor who with the support of the NRA pushed the elimination of open-carry in California.

It's not about me being a liberal, it's about me watching conservative republicans calling anyone a RINO at the drop of a hat.....while supporting a NYC democrat/nationalist.

Who cares what you think? He is not a Democrat, or you would be embracing everything he does! Weld is a well-known RINO. Do you recall the last time Weld ran for office? It wasn't as a Republican!

Yes...a Republican governor who with the support of the NRA pushed the elimination of open-carry in California.

See! You just proved my point and you don't even realize it!

You should pat yourself on the back! No one could prove themselves to be a bigger dumbass than you!

Who cares what you think? He is not a Democrat, or you would be embracing everything he does! Weld is a well-known RINO. Do you recall the last time Weld ran for office? It wasn't as a Republican!

Weld didn't run as a Democrat either, but you implied that he is one. So what is it? Is he a Republican, a Libertarian, a Democrat, or something else?

Governor Weld left Massachuessettes for New York, Governor Weld supported Obama for McCain, Governor Weld left the GOP for the Libertarian Party, ran against Trump and cozied up to Crooked Hillary...even Benedict Arnold changes allegiances less often!

I apologize. It was ALMOST 30 years before he became President. Sorry if I was off by a few.

Yet Trump was actually a Democrat... for many years.

Massachusetts ex-governor first Republican to challenge Trump for 2020 | Reuters

I like to consider myself pretty well informed, but I have never heard of Bill Weld, so I can't understand what the hell makes him think he has even a slight chance to take on Donald Trump for the Republican nomination.

Also, the RNC has already endorsed Trump.

When will any big name person run against Trump?

So far, other than the Starbucks guy, we have a bunch of nobodies.

He's the best thing that could happen to Trump. It will give Trump a chance to debate him so all the commies don't get all the press attention.

Forum List

Back