Who served, and with what unit?

We went to Singapore because the XO was a wog. Had one hell of an intiation. They tarred and feathered him. I had to kiss the Royal Baby.

Back in those days you could tar/feather.
Hell - you could do just about ANYTHING.

Gotta run - if you have any photos to share from Westpac 78, let me know via PM. All I have is the cruisebook from the Ogden and the ship's history from that year. Lost all the photos I had.

We went to Singapore because the XO was a wog. Had one hell of an intiation. They tarred and feathered him. I had to kiss the Royal Baby.

Gotta run - if you have any photos to share from Westpac 78, let me know via PM. All I have is the cruisebook from the Ogden and the ship's history from that year. Lost all the photos I had.

All I have is my Shellback certificate.

Hey shipmate - I was on Westpac 78 as well!!! What a riot. I was aboard LPD-5.

Interesting.

I believe that was the year we were tasked with picking up boat people from Vietnam and Cambodia.

We didn't partake in that. We were too busy getting shitfaced on Mojo in the PI. What a cruise -

Pearl Harbor, Kwajelein, Eniwetak, Okinawa, Namazu, Kaohsiung (Taiwan) Pusan + Inchon (Korea), Sasebo, Subic Bay.

Shitfaced? Thought so. I'm sure you represented.

Those aren't medals Bush is wearing, dumb fucking idiot.
Their ribbons. Probably unit commendations or something meaningless. If I color I could be precise.
And you claim to have served?
You should know better poser.

So you don't know. You're just spouting out your ass?

Army Commendation Medal Lapel Pin (Model #:2319 ARCOM-LP)

army_commendation_medal_bumper_sticker-p128757141033335367z74sk_400.jpg

Do you see this guy wearing any "medals"?

n652900203_2282530_8233.jpg

When you receive a Medal, you also receive the ribbon that medal stands for. As well as "Permanent Orders" for that medal. Included in those permanent orders were medals for a SFC, a SGT and another SP4 like I was. The entire post attended the ceremony. In the two years I was stationed at Baumholder, I only attended one ceremony where this medal was awarded.

Believe it or not I don't care. I have it. It's mine. I earned it. And you don't have anything. Not even the truth.

Arcoms aren't that important. Purple Hearts, Bronze Stars, Silver Stars, Distinguished Service Cross, they are worthwhile. An Arcom you get for whiping you ass correctly.

You were in the military?

Those aren't medals Bush is wearing, dumb fucking idiot.
Their ribbons. Probably unit commendations or something meaningless. If I color I could be precise.
And you claim to have served?
You should know better poser.

When you receive a Medal, you also receive the ribbon that medal stands for. As well as "Permanent Orders" for that medal. Included in those permanent orders were medals for a SFC, a SGT and another SP4 like I was. The entire post attended the ceremony. In the two years I was stationed at Baumholder, I only attended one ceremony where this medal was awarded.

Believe it or not I don't care. I have it. It's mine. I earned it. And you don't have anything. Not even the truth.

If you were a spec4 why is the guy in the picture an officer? is that some random google image?

Arcoms aren't that important. Purple Hearts, Bronze Stars, Silver Stars, Distinguished Service Cross, they are worthwhile. An Arcom you get for wiping your ass correctly.

You were in the military?

Yes.

In Combat Arms an Arcom is a consolation prize.

Thanks to everyone who served his country. I hope everyone who so loved his country he would serve her putting his own life and well-being on the line in our behalf wins at getting the American dream. All I can give is my grateful thanks to you.

I just have my Blue-Nose memories.

We were a mere 6hrs away from the Equator when we got a call that a shipmate from another ship in our battle group had gotten stabbed in a poker game in Panama and we had to turn around since we had the best medical dept. in our group.
:(

I just have my Blue-Nose memories.

We were a mere 6hrs away from the Equator when we got a call that a shipmate from another ship in our battle group had gotten stabbed in a poker game in Panama and we had to turn around since we had the best medical dept. in our group.
:(

At least you didn't have to kiss the Royal Baby or crawl through garbage.

Each initiation is different. But once you're a Shellback, the only good thing about it is you get to be one the next time your ship goes over the Equator. Chances of that are really slim.

You also have to go through the thing again if you cross the Equator at the International Dateline....then you can be a Golden Shellback.

There aren't many of those.

Whats the Royal Baby?

It's a Shellback thing...
Having never achieved that status - I will defer to Mudwhistle.

A Royal Baby is a fat guy with grease or some other sticky disgusting stuff smeared all over his belly. The prospective Shellback has to stick their face in his navel. Problem is most like to peck it and leave. Hard to do while he's grabbing your head to keep you from getting away. (Just one of the reasons I hated the Navy) Initiation takes about 45 mins. If you do it wrong they make you do it all over.

Last edited:
Whats the Royal Baby?

A Royal Baby is a fat guy with grease or some other sticky disgusting stuff smeared all over his belly. The prospective Shellback has to stick their face in his navel. Problem is most like to peck it and leave. Hard to do while he's grabbing your head to keep you from getting away. (Just one of the reasons I hated the Navy) Initiation takes about 45 mins. If you do it wrong they make you do it all over.

Good lord!:eek:

Yeah, the Navy's got some very strange rituals, some almost bordering on the homoerotic.

I'm not Shellback myself, but I am a member of "The Turtle Club". And if you're ever asked if you're a member, the correct and only answer is "you bet your sweet ass I am".

Yeah, the Navy's got some very strange rituals, some almost bordering on the homoerotic.

I'm not Shellback myself, but I am a member of "The Turtle Club". And if you're ever asked if you're a member, the correct and only answer is "you bet your sweet ass I am".

Cheers!
;)

I don't own a diabetic Donkey.

Forum List

Back