Who served, and with what unit?

US Navy from 1982 until 2002
Retired as a Personnelman First Class
Boot camp in Orlando
USS CONCORD (AFS-5)
NATTC Millington TN
VFA-131 (deployed on USS DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER (CVN-69) and plankowner for USS GEORGE WASHINGTON (CVN-73))
Naval War College, Newport RI
USNS CONCORD (T-AFS-5) (independent duty with MSC, an E-7 billet)
MEPS Amarillo LPO (another independent duty where I filled another E-7 billet)
Terminal leave from mid May 2002 until August 2002.

Certified Trusty Shellback on UNITAS 25 cruise onboard USS CONCORD
Certified Bluenose with VFA-131

Ouch! That's gotta hurt...going 20 and never making Chief....

Not really, especially if you consider that I was serving in a rate that stayed around CREO group C, which means that my rating was around 130 percent manned.

Also, considering that onboard the USNS CONCORD and at MEPS Amarillo I relieved an E-7 and was REPLACED by an E-7, I don't think that it was my performance, but more like my rating was overmanned. Shit........when I made First, I was the only one to make it out of the entire PSD network, and that included around 8 PSD's.

But I understand..........you just needed to make a cheap shot on someone, and I guess I was handy.

Boot camp in Orlando
USS CONCORD (AFS-5)
NATTC Millington TN
VFA-131 (deployed on USS DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER (CVN-69) and plankowner for USS GEORGE WASHINGTON (CVN-73))

Not really, especially if you consider that I was serving in a rate that stayed around CREO group C, which means that my rating was around 130 percent manned.

Also, considering that onboard the USNS CONCORD and at MEPS Amarillo I relieved an E-7 and was REPLACED by an E-7, I don't think that it was my performance, but more like my rating was overmanned. Shit........when I made First, I was the only one to make it out of the entire PSD network, and that included around 8 PSD's.

But I understand..........you just needed to make a cheap shot on someone, and I guess I was handy.
It wasn't a cheap shot. I was just feeling your pain. Some rates do not have the advancement potential as others.

It wasn't a cheap shot. I was just feeling your pain. Some rates do not have the advancement potential as others.

I wasn't looking at the advancement potential when I joined, because I wanted a job that could go anywhere and be onboard just about every command, and PN seemed to fill that requirement as it is one of the only 13 rates allowed into SEALs, as well as one of the few rates that is allowed to deploy on MSC vessels. Like I said, I've been on a variety of commands, and it was all because of my rate. Besides, being a PN meant that I was part of the "big 3" that people didn't mess with, HM, PN, MS.

As far as a cheap shot? You can understand why I felt that way, you seem to throw them my way a lot.

US Navy 1969 - 1989
Boot Camp, Great Lakes, IL
Hospital Corps School, Great Lakes, IL
National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, MD
USS America
USS William M. Wood
USS Sylvania
Urology Technician School, Portsmouth, VA
Naval Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
USS Mitscher
Advanced Hospital Corps School, Portsmouth, VA
NALF, San Clemente Island, CA
Naval Hospital, Cherry Point, NC
USS Trippe
Naval Hospital, Charleston, SC
USS Guadalcanal (TAD)
Naval Medical Material Support Command, Fort Dietrick, Frederick, MD

Fleet Reserve on December 1, 1989

US Navy 1969 - 1989
Boot Camp, Great Lakes, IL
Hospital Corps School, Great Lakes, IL
National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, MD
USS America
USS William M. Wood
USS Sylvania
Urology Technician School, Portsmouth, VA
Naval Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
USS Mitscher
Advanced Hospital Corps School, Portsmouth, VA
NALF, San Clemente Island, CA
Naval Hospital, Cherry Point, NC
USS Trippe
Naval Hospital, Charleston, SC
USS Guadalcanal (TAD)
Naval Medical Material Support Command, Fort Dietrick, Frederick, MD

Fleet Reserve on December 1, 1989

USS SYLVANIA eh? Sister ship to the USS CONCORD, when were you onboard?

I was on CONCORD from 1983 until 1986.

Boot camp in Orlando
USS CONCORD (AFS-5)
NATTC Millington TN

I understand average retirement rank for enlisted is E-6 or E-7.

I was the last person in my MOS to make Gunny. The MOS was being phased out they just hadn't replaced it yet. Friend never made 7 and retired an SSgt. He was like one number seniority below me. Wait correction, last person that did not go to Desert Storm. They had 2 more promotions and someone on the board voted no on anyone that did not have the luck to be deployed to Desert Storm.

Marines- Field Radio Operator 1/8-2/2-3/10 2nd Div. Aboard Troop Ships USS Freemont, USS Cambria, USS Boxer LPH4 and the LST De Soto County.

It is no wonder I love the many men of this board. They served and helped save my freedom and country.

I am sure some posters missed this worthy thead, such as that Green Beret, Mudwhistle and others.

Thank you all, once again. I feel honored to be in your company. :)

msc0989.jpg

16th_FA_Regimental_Crest.JPG

The crest we all wore.

3rd Battalion, 16th Field Artillery, 8th Infantry Division

Stationed in Baumholder, Germany

Honor Graduate as Forward Observer (82C) from Fort Sill, OK

Received "Army Commendation Medal" working in S2, Military Intelligence

ARMY_COMMEND.jpg

NOTE: This was for "Meritorious Service" and NOT Valor which would have been direct engagement with the enemy. Mine was for something I did while working in S2. I would never take credit for something I didn't do.

But that reminds me:

Remember when Right Wingers went after John Kerry for his medals? That invites similar scrutiny on the other side:

For the past month, the Swift Boat Vets have insisted Kerry did not legitimately earn his medals. Those assertions have all been discredited. Fairness now requires similar scrutiny to Bush's medals.

The media needs to demand the truth from Bush about his medals -- and about his still-unexplained grounding.

23bush-medals-64.gif

The right wing, so willing to dismiss charges against their own guys, so willing to smear someone innocent.

http://www.buzzflash.com/contributors/04/08/con04346.html

https://www.google.com/#sclient=psy....,cf.osb&fp=309c14521557146d&biw=1742&bih=882

Last edited by a moderator:
Those aren't medals Bush is wearing, dumb fucking idiot.
Their ribbons. Probably unit commendations or something meaningless. If I color I could be precise.
And you claim to have served?
You should know better poser.

Those aren't medals Bush is wearing, dumb fucking idiot.
Their ribbons. Probably unit commendations or something meaningless. If I color I could be precise.
And you claim to have served?
You should know better poser.
Seriously, how could anyone claim to have been in the military and yet not know the difference between a medal and a ribbon. :eek:

Forum List

Back