Who served, and with what unit?

"For the past month, the Swift Boat Vets have insisted Kerry did not legitimately earn his medals. Those assertions have all been discredited. Fairness now requires similar scrutiny to Bush's medals."

Actually Kerry's dishonor has been well known for 40+ years now. Kerry was a sleezy coward who deliberately aidded the enemy during time of war. He deserved a fair trial and execution.

16th_FA_Regimental_Crest.JPG

The crest we all wore.

3rd Battalion, 16th Field Artillery, 8th Infantry Division

Stationed in Baumholder, Germany

Honor Graduate as Forward Observer (82C) from Fort Sill, OK

Received "Army Commendation Medal" working in S2, Military Intelligence

ARMY_COMMEND.jpg

NOTE: This was for "Meritorious Service" and NOT Valor which would have been direct engagement with the enemy. Mine was for something I did while working in S2. I would never take credit for something I didn't do.

But that reminds me:

Remember when Right Wingers went after John Kerry for his medals? That invites similar scrutiny on the other side:

For the past month, the Swift Boat Vets have insisted Kerry did not legitimately earn his medals. Those assertions have all been discredited. Fairness now requires similar scrutiny to Bush's medals.

The media needs to demand the truth from Bush about his medals -- and about his still-unexplained grounding.

23bush-medals-64.gif

The right wing, so willing to dismiss charges against their own guys, so willing to smear someone innocent.

Bush's Bogus Medals - A BuzzFlash Guest Contribution

https://www.google.com/#sclient=psy....,cf.osb&fp=309c14521557146d&biw=1742&bih=882

take your partisan shit somewhere else

:fu:

By the way, this is a pretty meaningless medal these days. The medal meant something back in the Nam years - for example - it was pretty significant. Today, you pretty much have to show up sober (most of the time) or successfully clean a latrine and you get one as a parting gift.

So piss off, poser.

I didn't serve - caught in the transition period in the early 70s between the draft and the volunteer military.

But my older brother did - signed up for the Army ROTC in college because he knew he was going to be drafted.

Decided to make the army a career, stayed for 20 years and retired a Lt Col. Set for life.

I didn't serve - caught in the transition period in the early 70s between the draft and the volunteer military.

But my older brother did - signed up for the Army ROTC in college because he knew he was going to be drafted.

Decided to make the army a career, stayed for 20 years and retired a Lt Col. Set for life.

That's nice for your brother but the thread isn't titled did you have a brother who served retard. Stop making excuses, nobody stopped you from going to the recruiter's office if you really wanted to enlist you fuckin arm chair general.:evil:

cant say it simpler than that........

In the early 70s - the draft went to a lottery-system.....

After a couple years - it was phased out altogether

During that period - there was a lot of uncertainty in young mens lives - if they would have to do service.

After the draft was phased out -that uncertainty vanished.

Last edited:

Huh? What the fuck does that mean?

Its the usual excuse this coward ginscpy comes up with, he got his draft card but according to him the war was winding down and he did his part, plus you were "too skinny" at the time to enlist, isn't that you fuckin hack ginscpy?

During that period - there was a lot of uncertainty in young mens lives - if they would have to do service.

You are a fuckin cowardly cock sucker, I am glad your ass didn't enlist, you would have gotten yourself and other kills or fucked up.:evil:

The crest we all wore.

ARMY_COMMEND.jpg

NOTE: This was for "Meritorious Service" and NOT Valor which would have been direct engagement with the enemy. Mine was for something I did while working in S2. I would never take credit for something I didn't do.

But that reminds me:

Remember when Right Wingers went after John Kerry for his medals? That invites similar scrutiny on the other side:

For the past month, the Swift Boat Vets have insisted Kerry did not legitimately earn his medals. Those assertions have all been discredited. Fairness now requires similar scrutiny to Bush's medals.

The media needs to demand the truth from Bush about his medals -- and about his still-unexplained grounding.

23bush-medals-64.gif

The right wing, so willing to dismiss charges against their own guys, so willing to smear someone innocent.

https://www.google.com/#sclient=psy....,cf.osb&fp=309c14521557146d&biw=1742&bih=882

What a Jackass to turn this thread into a political rant. YOU SUCK

I know, dipshit. I enlisted in 1975 - during your so-called "Transition Period." All the recruiting offices seemed open to me...

Not sure what fucking problem you had signing a contract.

I know, dipshit. I enlisted in 1975 - during your so-called "Transition Period." All the recruiting offices seemed open to me...

I asked this cock sucker the same questions, all he told me was the Vietnam war was winding down so he saw no need, and he already did his duty by picking up his draft card, than he goes on about he was too small, didn't weigh enough etc etc other bullshit excuses.

I asked this cock sucker the same questions, all he told me was the Vietnam war was winding down so he saw no need, and he already did his duty by picking up his draft card, than he goes on about he was too small, didn't weigh enough etc etc other bullshit excuses.

I wasn't too short - 5'9" easily - 120 lbs.................... flat-belly guy...........................

US Navy 1974-1979
Boot Camp San Diego CA
Firefighting School Treasure Island SF
HTA School Naval Training Station San Diego CA
USS Bryce Canyon AD-36 Destroyer Tender, Pearl Harbor HI
USS Kitty Hawk CV-63 Aircraft Carrier, North Island NAS Coronado CA
2 Western Pacific Cruises 78 and 79
ETS July 79
US Army 1984-1994
AIT 36L DSGS Level Electronic Switch Repairer School
Top Secret SCI Clearance
HHC 67th Signal Battalion, Ft Gordon GA
Primary Leadership Development Course, Ft Benning Georgia
HHC 26th Signal Battalion, Heilbronn Germany
Staff Planner Course, Heilbronn Germany
Comsec Custodian School, Bad Tolz Germany
July 88 Special Forces Selection and Assessment Course, Camp McCall NC
March 89 Special Forces Selection and Assessment Course, Camp McCall NC
US Army Airborne School, Ft Benning Georgia
Advanced International Morse Code School, Ft Bragg NC
Special Forces Qualification Course Phase I, Ft Bragg NC, Camp McCall NC
Special Forces Basic Non-commission Officer Course, Ft Bragg NC
Special Forces Qualification Course Phase II, Ft Bragg NC, Ft Sam Houston TX
Special Forces Qualification Course Phase III, Ft Bragg NC
Awarded 11B and 18E MOS Classification, Infantry and Special Forces Communications SGT
Persian-Farse Language Course, Ft Bragg NC
Bravo Company 1st Battalion 5th Special Forces Group, Ft Campbell KY
ODA-521 Special Forces Detachment "A" Team
Special Operations Anti-terrorist Urban Warfare School, Ft Bragg NC
Modern Standard Arabic School
Deployed to Kuwait City 91 and 92
ODA-523 Special Forces Detachment "A" Team Deployed to Somalia March 93
United States Embassy, Mogadishu Somalia March 93
Special Forces Advanced Non-commission Officer School, Ft Bragg NC 94
Retired Aug 1994 SFC/E7

Last edited:

I wasn't too short - 5'9" easily - 120 lbs.................... flat-belly guy...........................

Whatever you say.:eusa_liar:

More like 5'10" - 5' 10 1/2 - measured my self regularly ........... was thinking I could maybe push 6'....... which was predicted by doctors when I was born.

Flat-belly dude ( I would ratherbe dead than be a grey-beard/beer-belly)

That's nice for your brother but the thread isn't titled did you have a brother who served retard. Stop making excuses, nobody stopped you from going to the recruiter's office if you really wanted to enlist you fuckin arm chair general.:evil:

Lighten up bong head. 7 Years wiping wings don't exactly give you bragging rights.

Hindsight is 20/20 dork.............

what wouldyou have done if you in my place at that time

probably the same thing...........

The crest we all wore.

ARMY_COMMEND.jpg

But that reminds me:

23bush-medals-64.gif

Both Bushes were patriotic Americans and military vets.........

The crest we all wore.

ARMY_COMMEND.jpg

But that reminds me:

23bush-medals-64.gif

------------

No hero but at least I showed up, did my duty, and didn't sleeze my way out of anything.

1342.png

Forum List

Back