Who owns and has owned CNN?

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
Just looking for something that makes sense. Maybe I should be asking who operates it. The Fox Network is transparent enough about unfair and balanced. Who the heck owns CNN though and has owned it different years?

The idiot Ted Turner, who recently stated in an interview that he thought it was a good thing that more of our troops are commiting suicide. He seems to think it's a positive sign that they embrace more leftie ideas and can't live with themselves for joining the military.

Just looking for something that makes sense. Maybe I should be asking who operates it. The Fox Network is transparent enough about unfair and balanced. Who the heck owns CNN though and has owned it different years?

Maybe Donald Trump. It's run that ineptly.

Ted Turner founded CNN, but it was in the late 80's or early 90's that TIme Warner took it over and I believe still owns controlling interest. When Ted Turner had it, CNN sponsored an educational forum on AOL and I was privileged to co-host an on-line political discussion on Friday nights. My cohost ran a small television station out of Atlanta. (He died a few years ago.) Anyhow when Time Warner took over CNN, they did a major overhaul including discontinuing their sponsorship of the AOL forum. It would be another decade though before Time Warner would merge with AOL and ruin that too.

Fox is owned by Murdoch and a Saudi muslim.

Alwaleed_1951690c.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, the Fox thing is so simple you know where they are coming from. It is Murdoch news slanted. CNN was great but has been going downhill since the OJ story and their decision to copy the Fox style IMO.

Lord, the local tv news stations even have anchors running all over the place reading the news. An athletic accomplishment reading off a teleprompter while moving but kinda annoying.

So Time Warner pulls the strings now at CNN?

CNN does not even remotely attempt to copy Fox and they have been going downhill since Fox came on the scene and provide people with a perspective that was not all left of center and that did not favor only the Democrats and Democratic Party. So, in almost every time slot, Fox nets ratings that are more than MSNBC, CNN, and HLN combined and frequently challenges the networks. Fox takes on the stories and really investigates them that the other cable channels and the networks won't. So, even with the right leaning editorial bias at Fox, Fox is where people go for news that they can't get anywhere else.

And yes, Time Warner owns CNN though the owner rarely actually pulls the strings.

Forum List

Back