CNN Implosion Update: Falls Behind History Ch and Western Show Network Founded by Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
This is CNN.

Death rattles.

Nobody likes the Leftist lies and propaganda.

“CNN is trying to keep up with the news landscape and become a digital-first provider,” a source said. “It makes sense for them to pursue anchors who have already established a presence there — especially if TV becomes history in their portfolio!”

CNN’s previous attempt at a digital platform failed miserably, with it’s subscription-based streaming service, CNN+, a mere three weeks after its launch back in April 2022. CNN+ aimed for an ambitious goal of securing 2 million subscribers within its inaugural year, but only managed a meager 150,000 subscribers and purportedly less than 10,000 daily viewers during its highly-hyped launch, making it clear that it was never going to match projections, resulting in the streaming platform being put out of its misery within a month.

Something tells me CNN is going the way of the Hindenburg.

This is CNN.

Death rattles.

Nobody likes the Leftist lies and propaganda.

“CNN is trying to keep up with the news landscape and become a digital-first provider,” a source said. “It makes sense for them to pursue anchors who have already established a presence there — especially if TV becomes history in their portfolio!”

CNN’s previous attempt at a digital platform failed miserably, with it’s subscription-based streaming service, CNN+, a mere three weeks after its launch back in April 2022. CNN+ aimed for an ambitious goal of securing 2 million subscribers within its inaugural year, but only managed a meager 150,000 subscribers and purportedly less than 10,000 daily viewers during its highly-hyped launch, making it clear that it was never going to match projections, resulting in the streaming platform being put out of its misery within a month.

Something tells me CNN is going the way of the Hindenburg.

Yes and it has gotten worse since Trump bashing is not as fashionable or profitable as it has been. As more people seem to realize they've been had by the current administration who has made pretty much every aspect of American life worse, they don't appreciate the gaslighting from the administration parroted by its surrogate media or the propaganda being put out there that they know just isn't true.

As a result, even after its brutal loss in viewers when they fired Tucker, Fox News that at least reports all the news at least more accurately than the other cable and network news programs, has recovered a lot of viewers. On Tuesday night for the Super Tuesday coverage they were almost back to where they were with Tucker:

During the Super Tuesday coverage primetime window of 8 p.m. ET to 11 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 5, the Nielsen ratings were:
FNC – 3,509,000 P2+; 503,000 A25-54
MSNBC – 1,956,000 P2+; 223,000 A25-54
ABC – 1,875,000 P2+; 343,000 A25-54
NBC – 1,672,000 P2+, 396,000 A25-54
CBS – 1,461,000 P2+, 268,000 A25-54
CNN – 938,000 P2+; 277,000 A25-54

The age 25-54 is the most coveted demographic to most advertisers which is why those are shown in addition to the total number of viewers.

But in fairness to CNN, I think MSNBC does so well among the liberal/leftist demographic is because they are more vicious and dishonest and combatant against Patriots, Republicans, Donald Trump and therefore more entertaining to that group than is CNN. The networks are going to be watched by both right and left viewers, most especially those who do not have cable--just 48% of Americans do have cable. The cable news channels audiences are far less diverse in ideology and partisanship.

Last edited:
I was shocked to read on Drudge that during one rating period, FOX had (roughly) 2 and a half million viewers; MSNBC, 1 and a half million; and CNN, 700,000.

I do not begrudge anyone a high salary. But I am guessing that those few CNN personalities who are currently earning MILLIONS are going to be in for a shock when the new management reconsiders their salaries.

I was shocked to read on Drudge that during one rating period, FOX had (roughly) 2 and a half million viewers; MSNBC, 1 and a half million; and CNN, 700,000.

I do not begrudge anyone a high salary. But I am guessing that those few CNN personalities who are currently earning MILLIONS are going to be in for a shock when the new management reduces their salaries.

690,000 of that 700,000 were people stuck in airports, elevators, and office building lobbies. :dance:

Forum List

Back