Who or what do you consider the biggest threat to our country?

The biggest threat in your opinion

• ISIS

• Iran

• Russia

• Our debt

• Our own politicians

• Muslim extremists

• The far right

• The far left

• Illegal immigration

• Entitlments

• Civil unrest

• Organized religion

• Other (please explain below)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted other. Reason being big money controlling politicians and elections. We should have public financed elections. Most all of our politicians now have to spend vast amounts of time searching for financing for their upcoming elections. They do this at the same time that they say they are working for we the people.
This has gone on since Washington, though.
The prices have just risen.
Not that I disagree, because Obama was the first to ditch public funds because he knew he could make so much more money.
One must wonder who, with "pure intentions" would spend millions/billions for a $400,00/year job?

I don't think any of these guys that have taken the white house have had pure intentions. The Clintons, who came from the ranks of those of little means, and in debt after leaving the white house, went on to become multimillionaires. A lot of it is probably ego, as in the case of Romney, who had plenty of millions beforehand. Obama? Who knows. His getting in bed with the republicans on the TPP, while telling his base and especially the trade unions, to go screw themselves, was surely for a reward after he leaves office, or maybe he's being blackmailed.

Why aren't people voting?
My quess would be because it is not a one particular item you have listed. Plus people tend to look at things through whatever they may be involve in a whatever time it is in their own lives. We have very few leaders in the country than can see he broader picture and dam few people that really give a shit as long as they cover their own asses first.

Curious to see what USMB thinks
Threats To America:

(1) Government corruption
(2) Division
(3) Economic decline
(4) The injustices associated with our judicial system
(5) Our astronomical and rising national debt
(6) Loss of freedom and rights
(7) Senseless deadly costly wars
(8) Our unfair, unjust, and one-sided foreign trade agreements and policies
(9) Our import dependency
(10) Inadequate opportunities to be self-supporting
(11) Deteriorating infrastructure
(12) Social Class separation
(13) The creation of a poor and dependent society
(14) The rising cost of higher education and health care
(15) Pollution of the environment
(16) Unfair, unequal, and unjust taxation
(17) Government waste and misuse of tax dollars
(18) White Collar crime
(19) Drug and alcohol addiction
(20) Riots and civil unrest
(21) Terrorism
(22) Lost skills
(23) The number of citizens that will suffer from depression and the sense of hopelessness
(24) The militarization of law enforcement
(25) The strain on the Social Security Fund

******* Random order
Nearly every one of those is a result of GOP policies.
Lost Skills - anti education
Economic Decline - moving jobs to China and closing factories.
Division - Republicans are 90% white and hate minorities.
Pollution of the Environment - A GOP "goal", dirty is cheaper than clean.

and so on.
Re-check your time table. Most of the items have been a work in progress for over a half century now, through both Republican and Democratic administrations. What we're seeing and experiencing now, didn't happen overnight. Go back and check to see when we started closing our plants and factories, the Viet Nam war, government corruption, robbing of the Social Security Fund, the injustices in our judicial system, and others. Check each item and then trace its roots back to the beginning. Neither party can wash its hands of the mess this country is in.
The bulk of factories closing and jobs moving to China was from 2001 to 2008. I've provided dozens of links.

The two big GOP successes from the last Supreme Court rulings are blocking clean water regulations and increasing the amount of mercury that can be released into the environment. They were listed on this site.

Santorum was talking for a cheering GOP crowd when he said Obama was a snob for wanting all Americans to be able to get an education.

We know the GOP is 90% white.

It is what it is.

Our debt.

And we're not spending anymore on things that help America then we did 30 years ago. Who is taking all this money??? It isn't our infrastructure, it is isn't our starving science programs and it certainly isn't education. The fact people like you won't answer this is why I think you're a bigger threat then the isis.

You're here weakening America,,,while the isis is half way around the planet.
Destroy your currency and you destroy your nation. We are doing to ourselves what no standing army could do because we don't live within our means...........It lowers our standard of living, and the debt and economies of major powers over history has brought them to their knees............

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it. Your standard we need to spend more when we can't pay the bills now shows your ignorance to this problem, making your views number 2 on my list.

Curious to see what USMB thinks
Threats To America:

(1) Government corruption
(2) Division
(3) Economic decline
(4) The injustices associated with our judicial system
(5) Our astronomical and rising national debt
(6) Loss of freedom and rights
(7) Senseless deadly costly wars
(8) Our unfair, unjust, and one-sided foreign trade agreements and policies
(9) Our import dependency
(10) Inadequate opportunities to be self-supporting
(11) Deteriorating infrastructure
(12) Social Class separation
(13) The creation of a poor and dependent society
(14) The rising cost of higher education and health care
(15) Pollution of the environment
(16) Unfair, unequal, and unjust taxation
(17) Government waste and misuse of tax dollars
(18) White Collar crime
(19) Drug and alcohol addiction
(20) Riots and civil unrest
(21) Terrorism
(22) Lost skills
(23) The number of citizens that will suffer from depression and the sense of hopelessness
(24) The militarization of law enforcement
(25) The strain on the Social Security Fund

******* Random order
Nearly every one of those is a result of GOP policies.
Lost Skills - anti education
Economic Decline - moving jobs to China and closing factories.
Division - Republicans are 90% white and hate minorities.
Pollution of the Environment - A GOP "goal", dirty is cheaper than clean.

and so on.
Re-check your time table. Most of the items have been a work in progress for over a half century now, through both Republican and Democratic administrations. What we're seeing and experiencing now, didn't happen overnight. Go back and check to see when we started closing our plants and factories, the Viet Nam war, government corruption, robbing of the Social Security Fund, the injustices in our judicial system, and others. Check each item and then trace its roots back to the beginning. Neither party can wash its hands of the mess this country is in.
The bulk of factories closing and jobs moving to China was from 2001 to 2008. I've provided dozens of links.

The two big GOP successes from the last Supreme Court rulings are blocking clean water regulations and increasing the amount of mercury that can be released into the environment. They were listed on this site.

Santorum was talking for a cheering GOP crowd when he said Obama was a snob for wanting all Americans to be able to get an education.

We know the GOP is 90% white.

It is what it is.
Obviously you did do enough research. For example, check the number of textile, steel, electronics, tool, toy, furniture, appliance, and automotive parts plants and factories that closed between 1960 and 1990. And, yes, our environment has been ignored, including water, air, rivers, lakes, streams, and oceans. So, do a little further research and come back and tell me what you've found. Thanks.

Our debt.
Well maybe if we did not give 5 trillion a years to isreal and other nations things here might be better. And thank the repukes for the debt as Obama and congress, even with the repukes refusing to help, have done an admirable job.

Our debt.
Well maybe if we did not give 5 trillion a years to isreal and other nations things here might be better. And thank the repukes for the debt as Obama and congress, even with the repukes refusing to help, have done an admirable job.
5 Trillion a year..............LOL

We give about 50 Billion a year out to a multitude of countries. And that gift comes from borrowing to do so.

We need our own house in order before spending money on the world. Yet some of these monies are used to prevent some countries from going rouge.

We now spend 400 Billion a year on the interest on the debt.

Government - Interest Expense on the Debt Outstanding

Excuse me. We spent 430 BILLION last year on the interest payments.

In no particular order, GOP wingnuts, the NRA, Bibi supporters, religious fanatics, homophobes, the anti-choice crowd, the entire Republican party and FOX news.

I consider a Canadian invasion to be our biggest threat

Don't trust those bastards for a minute

Our government/corporate oligarchy.

So having the best r&d and getting things done is a threat. You're a idiot! Governments been working with the private sector for over a thousand years. Ever heard of a charter? Or how we explored the new world?

Matthew,

I don't think when Goverment and Private are working together there is any problem. But when you see vast amount of lobbying cash being spent to subvert the course of democracy then I object.

Our debt.
$5trillion?
:lmao:
Link?

"Repukes"?
Try to use your grown-up words
I was corrected in a post already. As for repukes it is all I can use on this board. My grown-up words are not allowed.

Forum List

Back