Who is voting for Kerry - and why?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by winston churchi, Mar 3, 2004.

1. winston churchi

winston churchi Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Am I beating a dead horse with this one?

I am looking to read some logical points as to why Kerry should be elected. Based on his past - what he intends to do with this country.

No Bush bashing. This is intended to promote Kerry - if you cannot think of anything postitive to write about the man than do not resort to Bush bashing - it degrades you further.

So think of logical reasons why this man should take office and share. Thus far, on this website or any other place I have not heard one. This is the truth - Not one reason from anyone. Instead I am told Bush this and Bush that - but we are talking about Bush - we are talking about Kerry - So take the stand -

2. winston churchi

winston churchi Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hello out there?

I feel like I am alone in a dark with full of crickets. I just thought I would add something so this post would not fade away.

Where are the JK voters?

Hello?

3. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    I don't think anyone is voting for kerry. That or those that are don't want to be flamed for it.

4. spillmind

spillmind Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    i'm voting for kerry.

big suprise?

because things can only get WORSE with the genius chimp in office. sad, isnt' it?

5. Moi

Moi Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Worse for who? Worse for the terrorists- yes. Worse for criminals, even those leading corporations- yes. Worse for the political machines of the opposing parties who are trying to conduct their races using derision and blame- yes. Worse for judges who make their rulings to suit their own political agenda- yes. Worse for people who allow those entrusted with upholding the laws the right to break them- yes. Worse for the people in this country who want the federal goverment and every other citizen to pander to their whims- yes.

Hell, I'd take a "worse" America anyday.

6. spillmind

spillmind Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    NO, NOT FOR THE TERRORISTS :rolleyes:

gee, whatever happened with that enron crap? or bush's insider trading allegations?
    AHEM, this goes both ways!
    i'd assume you're NOT talking about the positions that bush installed while congress was out on vacation?:mad:
    are you bringing the SF mayor into this debate? what about that BRILLIANT IDEA to amend the constitution? it would be the only time in history the amendment was put in to TAKE away rights, not give them.
    NEWSFLASH, the government works for us! not the other way around.

let's see:

2.6 MILLION jobs lost

monsterous deficit

more tax cuts for the rich

less education funding

no plan for health care, or anything for that matter, EXCEPT for chasing the arab bogeymen across the globe!

if we elect this idiot again, it'll send a message to the world that we actually condone this kind of assinine leadership. It will only invite more attacks. we need to send a message LOUD AND CLEAR that we need to move back to more of a cohesive global strategy, not this 'go it alone' crap; breaking treaties and contracts that took DECADES to achieve. don't even get me started on the environment or health care.

you can keep your family values. you should also include THOU SHALL NOT KILL into those values. how on EARTH can you people continue to support this guy??!!!!!

7. spillmind

spillmind Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    i didn't say that. nor had that ever even crossed my mind.

apparently, this 'light' you are referring to may the headlamp of an oncoming train.

8. Zhukov

Zhukov VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    They commited most of their crimes under the previous administration and are being prosecuted under President Bush. In this instance it seems you are proving Moi's point.

Lie.
    Ever heard of prohibition? Besides taking away a right implies that right already exists, which it does not. The ammendment defines marriage. Nothing more.

Another lie.
    Department of Education appropriations:

2000 => $38,447,366
    2001 => $42,061,403
    2002 => $56,177,032
    2003 => $63,256,811
    2004 => $63,270,657

President's 2005 Budget for Dept. of Ed. => $66,433,424

Dept. of Ed. Budget

It isn't the Federal Government's job to pay for your health insurance.

National defense is the priority of the Federal Government. It was the chief argument for it's creation.

In your opinion. Many people no longer hold to that opinion, and for good reason.

9. lilcountriegal

lilcountriegal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Excellent excellent post, Zhukov!

:clap: :clap:

10. spillmind

spillmind Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    notice the absence of a link proving that statement. it's no coincidence. and it still doesn't answer the question.

is there an amendment that still uphold prohibition? i don't i am following here. and i never said those rights existed. i'm saying that amendments and the constitution do and have always stood for expanding rights, not limiting them.

on the education note, you've got me on my misspeak about the funding. while more money may be thrown at the dept of edu, there are schools closing all over around here. go ahead and spin this off on the states. it's not the government's job, right?

i didn't say it was, but why are we the only first workd nation without ANY government subsidies for it? they will happily collect your taxes for their war games, however.

unfortunately, this is not a free ticket to ride and cowboy up for highly questionable causes! :mad: this is MY MONEY, TOO!!

i don't buy that. you can't prove it, and i wonder why you even think that, anyway?? way to champion the segragation cause, and great job supporting that, lilcountriegal :(