Who Is Tommy Robinson and What Is He About:

Interesting how Robinson is always referred to as Far Right, ex EDL, etc but Maajid Nawaz's connection with the Islamist group Hizb ut-Tahrir is forgotten and behind him. A tolerant lot, us Brits.
Can't imagine why.

Maajid Nawaz is the director of the Quilliam Foundation.

Quilliam is a London-based left-of-centre[1] think tank that focuses on counter-extremism, specifically against Islamism, which it argues represents a desire to impose a given interpretation of Islam on society.
https://en.wikipedia.org

Stalking me around USMB again? Telling me things I already know ? I've listened to Maajid Nawaz often.

Must be a sad existence for you: being a troll.

My own stalker just follows me around indicating the rape of children is funny and other such crap designed only to enrage and show support for Islamists.

He got jailed because he doesn't know how to follow the rules.

The RULES are wrong. And he's using what's left of free speech and freedom of the press to demonstrate AGAINST the rules. That's the f'ing point that youre missing. The PRESS is FORBIDDEN to report these stories unless the source is the court itself.

The UK is down a very dark road. People there NEED to demonstrate and protest. If he was doing it here against Trump -- he'd be your hero. Just as the NY Times and CNN who reported 1000 people at the Nashville Trump rally are lying and making shit up. When you LOSE TRUTH -- you will quickly lose all liberties and freedoms.

This isnt about a soccer hooligan. It's about a MUCH MUCH larger set of issues.

The RULES are wrong. And he's using what's left of free speech and freedom of the press to demonstrate AGAINST the rules. That's the f'ing point that youre missing. The PRESS is FORBIDDEN to report these stories unless the source is the court itself.

The UK is down a very dark road. People there NEED to demonstrate and protest. If he was doing it here against Trump -- he'd be your hero. Just as the NY Times and CNN who reported 1000 people at the Nashville Trump rally are lying and making shit up. When you LOSE TRUTH -- you will quickly lose all liberties and freedoms.

He is speaking truth to power and the power is silencing him.

I'm becoming very familiar with the pattern. Those in power never need rules. They just have to make them up for those they target and then say "hey, you didn't follow the rules". The resulting silencing never has anything to do with rules as it is always about truth making those in power uncomfortable.

It can be an entire country or something as simple as a discussion group. The pattern is always the same.

I might be wrong here but it isnt quite ehat you say. I believe the Uk has very strict laws in regards to what can be publically printed or said regarding ongoing trials to avoid prejudicing them. Once they have concluded, then it is done. I believe that is what is involved hete and frankly it is not a bad thing. It prevents media circuses and trial by public opinion which can make it almost impossoble for a defendent to have a fair trial.

I might be wrong here but it isnt quite ehat you say. I believe the Uk has very strict laws in regards to what can be publically printed or said regarding ongoing trials to avoid prejudicing them. Once they have concluded, then it is done. I believe that is what is involved hete and frankly it is not a bad thing. It prevents media circuses and trial by public opinion which can make it almost impossoble for a defendent to have a fair trial.

The "circus" that goes on INSIDE is equally important to the MEDIA circus outside. Without coverage BEFORE the end -- serious miscarriages CAN happen. Because if you bar coverage of current events until end of trial, the public is WOEFULLY misinformed, there is NO public debate and the 12 man concept dies a horrible death because they are as IGNORANT about the context of the offenses as the rest of their mushroom headed citizens.

Imagine the #metoo movement being muzzled until "the end of trials".. Because the UK is down that road NOW... Only it seems to be by THEIR discretion what stories shall not be discussed.

Welcome to Stasi Surveillance Britain…
Big-Brother-640x480.png

FILIPPO MONTEFORTE/AFP/Getty Images

If you’ve seen The Lives of Others, the Oscar-winning movie set in Communist East Germany, you’ll know how constrictive and oppressive it was living in a surveillance state where the authorities monitored your every move.

But hey, why watch the film when you can live it for real in Britain.

Welcome to Stasi Surveillance Britain… – Delingpole World

You sure did vent your spleen against him in other threads.

You have never addressed the actual child rapists in the same manner, calling the opposition to such an act of bigotry.

What about Robinson getting a fair trial? You are unconcerned with that yet you support sending him to the gulag in order to make the trial "fair" for the child rapists.

It is definitely cowardice.

That's why I think it is high time for the British people to make the powers that be more fearful of them that they are the rape jihadists.

Mohammad ordered his followers to rape and that has always been a feature of Islam. It is an act of intimidation used to subdue the local population. The only way to prevent it is to confront it, yet the leftists in this forum and in Britain would rather abet and enable it than do anything about it.

Do you have contempt of court in the US ?

Here is a recent local case where the Judge ordered a media blackout. It is the only way to ensure a fair trial.

Group of men cleared of rape by court

I dont think Mr Yaxley Lennon attended this case for some reason.

The "circus" that goes on INSIDE is equally important to the MEDIA circus outside. Without coverage BEFORE the end -- serious miscarriages CAN happen. Because if you bar coverage of current events until end of trial, the public is WOEFULLY misinformed, there is NO public debate and the 12 man concept dies a horrible death because they are as IGNORANT about the context of the offenses as the rest of their mushroom headed citizens.

Imagine the #metoo movement being muzzled until "the end of trials".. Because the UK is down that road NOW... Only it seems to be by THEIR discretion what stories shall not be discussed.

The fair trial concept over rules any other consideration. The jury should decide on the evidence in front of them and not some bollox they have heard outside the court room.

You have never addressed the actual child rapists in the same manner, calling the opposition to such an act of bigotry.

What about Robinson getting a fair trial? You are unconcerned with that yet you support sending him to the gulag in order to make the trial "fair" for the child rapists.
Robinson had a trial a year back and was convicted. His repeat offence meant that he was only going to one place.

Here is a recent local case where the Judge ordered a media blackout. It is the only way to ensure a fair trial.

Media blackouts are reserved for stories that the GOVT is embarrassed about. Not for the welfare of trials. It's totally arbitrary and capricious in merry demented Prog. UK.

It makes the country STUPID and less free.

It is definitely cowardice.

That's why I think it is high time for the British people to make the powers that be more fearful of them that they are the rape jihadists.

Mohammad ordered his followers to rape and that has always been a feature of Islam. It is an act of intimidation used to subdue the local population. The only way to prevent it is to confront it, yet the leftists in this forum and in Britain would rather abet and enable it than do anything about it.

There are some voices of dissent rising up.

But I've started to notice similar traits and trends in the United States. Speaking in hushed tones, till you decide who is friend or foe. Something almost furtive abou it.

You can't have an honest down and dirty fight any more.

Robinson had a trial a year back and was convicted. His repeat offence meant that he was only going to one place.

You're biased in any case.

There's no honest discussion, or vigorous difference of opinion to be had with you.

Last edited:

The fair trial concept over rules any other consideration. The jury should decide on the evidence in front of them and not some bollox they have heard outside the court room.

You wigheads never heard of a sequestered jury? They don't have media or a LIFE during the trial. They are literally confined to quarters provided for them.

It's a very small price to pay for Liberty and Freedom of speech and the press.

Besides -- as I said above -- you BLACKOUT enough coverage of SIMILAR trials over the years because of "correctnress' and the juries now only contain the stupid, oblivious and ill-informed.. Just what a tyrannical govt wants in cases where their image is part of the trial..

Media blackouts are reserved for stories that the GOVT is embarrassed about. Not for the welfare of trials. It's totally arbitrary and capricious in merry demented Prog. UK.

Ive posted this on another thread. In this case the judge ordered a media blackout. Not the government, they do not have the authority. In this case there were originally 45 defendants and the Judge ruled that they would have to be tried seperately.

Fourteen men in court over passing round schoolgirls for sex

Now its not hard to understand that if, for example, the first 10 were convicted, and that was reported on, the chances of the others getting a fair trial would be limited.

That is why it is done. It is not political it is to ensure that defendants get a fair trial and not a lyching.

The men in this trial were Irish Travellers but it would be wrong to assume that all Irish Travellers were in a rape gang.

Ive posted this on another thread. In this case the judge ordered a media blackout. Not the government, they do not have the authority. In this case there were originally 45 defendants and the Judge ruled that they would have to be tried seperately.

Fourteen men in court over passing round schoolgirls for sex

Now its not hard to understand that if, for example, the first 10 were convicted, and that was reported on, the chances of the others getting a fair trial would be limited.

That is why it is done. It is not political it is to ensure that defendants get a fair trial and not a lyching.

The men in this trial were Irish Travellers but it would be wrong to assume that all Irish Travellers were in a rape gang.

Mixing metaphors again?

Forum List

Back