Who is the biggest/most influential world power in Europe?

Based upon the rapid destruction of Europe, the most influential and powerful in the world appears to be Angela Merkel.

Russia is Eurasian...Turkey is not even part of Europe.....England is the financial powerhouse and Germany is the industrial powerhouse...
What kind of half-ass statement is that?
One that makes the other half of the asses think...
Eurasia is not a country (a nation), Part of Turkey is in Europe (Europe is just a name given to an ever changing notion in any case). England is not on the European continent so it seems odd to me that you'd include it .... but not Turkey or Russia.

Russia is Eurasian...Turkey is not even part of Europe.....England is the financial powerhouse and Germany is the industrial powerhouse...
Eurasia is not a country (a nation), Part of Turkey is in Europe (Europe is just a name given to an ever changing notion in any case). England is not on the European continent so it seems odd to me that you'd include it .... but not Turkey or Russia.
A long time ago I figured out a way for people to think, even if it means stating something that is untrue...
Russia is in Europe and Asia, so it seems strange to call it a European power...

A long time ago I figured out a way for people to think, even if it means stating something that is untrue...
Russia is in Europe and Asia, so it seems strange to call it a European power...
Selective ignorance? Sometimes referred to as voluntary ignorance?

Selective ignorance? Sometimes referred to as voluntary ignorance?
Thus is why Russia has the nomenclature as that damn bug on the screen of Eurasian....

If you are talking about Europe then you cannot exclude Russia, and so there's the answer.
If you are talking about the European Union then you cannot include the UK, not that it makes any difference because Germany is the most influential. It always has been.

If you are talking about Europe then you cannot exclude Russia, and so there's the answer.
If you are talking about the European Union then you cannot include the UK, not that it makes any difference because Germany is the most influential. It always has been.
They are the largest manufactures of Europe and lead in technology...The UK(London) is the worlds financier market...France, they are the biggest whiners of Europe...

They are the largest manufactures of Europe and lead in technology...The UK(London) is the worlds financier market...France, they are the biggest whiners of Europe...
You are not paying attention. You cannot mix Europe ..... and the European Union in the same discussion.

You are not paying attention. You cannot mix Europe ..... and the European Union in the same discussion.
Yet it is intertwined no matter what it is called...

In that case you ought to have mentioned Russia.

In that case you ought to have mentioned Russia.
I did, but Russia is a material resource powerhouse...more than a political powerhouse...They kinda fucked up the political side with the whole USSR thingy...

Russia is excluded because its not solely a european country, its a empire stretching from eastern europe to japan. Its not solely in Europe, and its largely a bit different then Europe proper, also culturally etc.

Pardon me for farting at your party, but saying "who is the biggest/most influential world power in Europe ....... Not counting Russia" is like saying which black president is your favourite, not counting Obama.

Russia is a seperate sphere from Europe. It strechtes from eastern europe to japan. And historical developments and culturally its different. Its its own world. I didnt said ethnic russians are not of european origins or white people, but I didnt include Australia or America or Canada either. Europe is seperate from Russia in many categories.

Forum List

Back