Who is the biggest/most influential world power in Europe?

Russia is Eurasian...Turkey is not even part of Europe.....England is the financial powerhouse and Germany is the industrial powerhouse...

Russia is Eurasian...Turkey is not even part of Europe.....England is the financial powerhouse and Germany is the industrial powerhouse...

Both have a part in Europe geographically though. But I said I dont count them here.

Both have a part in Europe geographically though. But I said I dont count them here.
Turkey is in the geographical area of the Middle East.....

they have a part in europe though, one part of turkey is in europe. the bosporus divides europe from asia.

Russia is the only nation close to being able to be called a power.

The rest are all disarmed wimps.

According to some politicians - Ukraine is the most powerful one! It can even stand the hordes of Russian soldiers for several years.

Last edited:
Russia is the only nation close to being able to be called a power.

The rest are all disarmed wimps.

To be fair, France has enough nukes (300) high kiloton devices to destroy all the major cities of any other nuclear power. And, their nuclear arsenal is not controlled by the U.S. as the UK's is.

Germany. The only country inside the EU whose exit virtually means the end of the EU.

When we talk economic power it would be Germany. They basically run the EU.

Today's wars are economic wars. The EU is trying to form an army to cover themselves and ensure No one else exits.

germany wants an army and can't form one without staying under restrictions that I believe still apply from their treaty

If I can't include Russia why bother? They are the most influential in Europe.

Forum List

Back