Swedish heat pump maker Aira aims to break US&European homes’ dependency on natural gas

I'm installing 400A electric services on residents in the northeast for all this 'save the planet' electrical usage being spec'd out

400A was unheard of in the past, unless you had a small factory, or large mansion

We're somewhere north of $.14 KW hr now, expecting to go up , and most of our infrastructure is w/in 10% of maxin' out

All we're doing is trading an industry w/pollution you do see, for an industry w/pollution you don't , and paying top 'fuel' $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for it

~S~

I'm installing 400A electric services on residents in the northeast for all this 'save the planet' electrical usage being spec'd out
I bet you are having all kinds of fun finding 320 or 400 amp panels.

I wanted to put in a 320a service, and my local utility said it would take a year to source two loadbreak elbows to connect the transformer to the primary (which they offered to sell me for $10,000 even though they couldn't energize it...)

320 panels were unobtanium. The employees from the supply houses were buying them up as fast as they came in, and reselling them on ebay for 3-4 times the real price.

I ended up trenching 300' to the transformer on the street and putting in a 200a service just so I could get power in a reasonable timeframe...

I bet you are having all kinds of fun finding 320 or 400 amp panels.

I wanted to put in a 320a service, and my local utility said it would take a year to source two loadbreak elbows to connect the transformer to the primary (which they offered to sell me for $10,000 even though they couldn't energize it...)

320 panels were unobtanium. The employees from the supply houses were buying them up as fast as they came in, and reselling them on ebay for 3-4 times the real price.

I ended up trenching 300' to the transformer on the street and putting in a 200a service just so I could get power in a reasonable timeframe...
Thx Para

that's a story typical of the trades , poco's, suppliers of late.

the short version being this 'all electric 2030' isn't going to happen

~S~

Forum List

Back