Air China’s shocking advice for London visitors

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
I thought Chinese were not racist.

---

BEIJING — Air China has blunt advice for tourists visiting the British capital.

It is generally a safe city, the Chinese state airline’s in-flight magazine tells its readers — “but precautions are needed entering areas mainly populated by Indians, Pakistanis and black people.”

The comments have already caused what London’s Evening Standard newspaper described as a “racism storm.”

They appear to have been spotted by a Chinese journalist, Haze Fan, who tweeted a picture to London Mayor Sadiq Khan, adding that her Londoner fiance found it “rather insulting.”

Air China’s shocking advice for London visitors: ‘Precautions are needed’ in Indian, Pakistani, black neighborhoods

Not a damn thing wrong with that warning. Better than tourists ending up raped or murdered (or both).

---

It is generally a safe city, the Chinese state airline’s in-flight magazine tells its readers — “but precautions are needed entering areas mainly populated by Indians, Pakistanis and black people.”

The comments have already caused what London’s Evening Standard newspaper described as a “racism storm.”

They appear to have been spotted by a Chinese journalist, Haze Fan, who tweeted a picture to London Mayor Sadiq Khan, adding that her Londoner fiance found it “rather insulting.”

Air China’s shocking advice for London visitors: ‘Precautions are needed’ in Indian, Pakistani, black neighborhoods

How is it racist to tell the truth based on known facts. Many British people know the areas to stay clear of in their own towns and cities because of the high levels of migrants that live there. Just look at Tower Hamlets which is now a sharia state inside the Christian nation of England

The airline has a point.

Some years ago, while in London, I mis-heard directions to a business. Person said to take the underground to GREEN Park but I heard it as QUEEN's Park.

Off the train and walking to the exit.

A very large, very black, woman in the ticket office called out to us so, thinking there was a problem with my ticket or something I went over to her. She politely, but very strongly, suggested that it would be very dangerous for us to leave the station. I told her we had been given directions to (I named the business, hoping for local directions) and she corrected the mistake and told us which trains to use to get to the right place - GREEN Park. Her caution was pretty detailed and pretty graphic. I later confirmed with other local folks that she was NOT kidding.

I like London - and go there often - but in recent years there are increasing numbers of areas where it's just not safe for anyone not of the same ethnic group as the majority of the local population.

It's only racist if it isn't true.

Indians are one of the most stable and prosperous groups in UK. I think Chinese are just being racist because chances of a Chinese getting screwed are much higher in a Jewish neighborhood than in a Indian neighborhood.

---

I'm on China's side on this one.

---

I am not surprised to see racist people unite :)

What sort of advise would you give foreigners who wanted to visit Chicago?

Beware of whites in the Loop?

I am not surprised to see you supporting China who has one of the worst records on human rights. China killed millions of Tibetans. This kind of thing probably turns you on. You are a sick creature.

I am not surprised to see you supporting China who has one of the worst records on human rights. China killed millions of Tibetans. This kind of thing probably turns you on. You are a sick creature.
Mmm. Chicago isn't in China, did you know that?

Supporting China?

God, that's weird!

Mmm. Chicago isn't in China, did you know that?

Supporting China?

God, that's weird!

I have lived in Chicago. There is nothing wrong with black neighborhoods in Chicago; if that is what you are trying to imply. Get a life, bigot.

I have lived in Chicago. There is nothing wrong with black neighborhoods in Chicago. If that is what you are trying to imply. Get a life, bigot.
One for posterity. Truly, it boggles the mind!

I have done heavy duty partying in black neighborhoods of Chicago when I was in my 20s. I know Chicago. Yes, it is a racially charged city but it is that way in white neighborhoods too.

I have lived in Chicago. There is nothing wrong with black neighborhoods in Chicago. If that is what you are trying to imply. Get a life, bigot.

I have done heavy duty partying in black neighborhoods of Chicago when I was in my 20s. I know Chicago. Yes, it is a racially charged city but it is that way in white neighborhoods too.
You should move back there. I understand Austin and Englewood are very nice and safe.

I thought Chinese were not racist.....

You did? Why? No nationality is immune from racism.

That racist advisory was issued by Chinese government. If it was some individual Chinese acting racist then that would not have been very serious. If Chinese really wanted to issue an honest advisory, they would have told the passengers to be careful in dealing with racist thugs that are rising in number across the UK. UK is teeming with Nazis and xenophobic gangs. It is these gangs that pose risks to non-white tourists.

You should move back there. I understand Austin and Englewood are very nice and safe.

Chicago is too cold. I prefer San Francisco.

It's only racist if it isn't true.

Indians are one of the most stable and prosperous groups in UK. I think Chinese are just being racist because chances of a Chinese getting screwed are much higher in a Jewish neighborhood than in a Indian neighborhood.

Is that why there was an incident just this week in an Indian temple, so bad that armed police were called to arrest the sword wielding gangs

---

I am not surprised to see racist people unite :)

It is not racist to tell the truth, and many Londoners know that certain parts of London are to be avoided at all costs

Forum List

Back