Who is Oppressed: Muslim women with Hijab or Western Society Women?

Having watched the video one can only say the premise of the OP is in error: the criteria used to determine ‘oppression’ have noting to do with law and public policy, the only and final arbiters of freedom and human rights.
I'm w/ Brussel's & France on this. Those body-tarps are a form of non-integration. You want to wear those things, do it in your own country.

Although neither Belgium nor France are subject to American Constitutional case law, such laws would be a Free Exercise Clause violation in the US.

A people can not be compelled to integrate or assimilate, acculturation is a natural process that occurs over time. And a people compelled to abandon given social or religious practices tend to resist acculturation, defeating the purpose of the ‘reform.’

It's an outward way of saying "I'm not you". Assimilate or go back to your own country. there's also a security issue in that you can't determine WTF you're talking to

burqa.jpg

She looks like a condom.

I don't see how someone can be against sharia and claim that they are a Muslim.

That would be like a Christian saying they are against the 10 Commandments.

It just doesn't work that way.

So obviously these friends of yours are not really Muslims.

The Ten Commandments are a Jewish construct. Jesus gave but one commandment:

Believers living under the New Testament have one commandment, which is to love as Jesus loved.

By keeping this one commandment we fulfill all other commandments given to stop sin.
JOHN 15:12 NKJ
12 "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

JOHN 13:34 NKJ
34 "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

1 JOHN 3:23 NKJ
23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

One command summarizes God's will -- yet there are many aspects or outworkings of it.

The New Commandment

You really need to read the verses that you posted

Jesus never said that he voided the 10 Commandments.

He just added one more. :cool:

I didn't say he did. He did assert that his one commandment was sufficient to fulfill them all.

Tt

The New Commandment

I didn't say he did. He did assert that his one commandment was sufficient to fulfill them all.
Just because you boldened it doesn't mean it's in the Bible.

It's just a commentary.

The New Commandment

It depends on how you interpret the Bible. Consider these passages:

"Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill" (Matthew 5:17).

"…the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully…." (1 Timothy 1:8)

"… the Law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good…." (Romans 7:12)

"… I agree with the Law, confessing that it is good…." (Romans 7:16)

"Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill" (Matthew 5:17).

"… the Law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good…." (Romans 7:12)

There you go, dredging up that dreadful apostle Paul. Where was he when Jesus walked the earth? Out buggering little boys would be my guess.

There you go, dredging up that dreadful apostle Paul. Where was he when Jesus walked the earth? Out buggering little boys would be my guess.

Jesus supposedly said, "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill" (Matthew 5:17).

Jesus supposedly said, "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill" (Matthew 5:17).

And he did fulfill. Maybe you should look up the word. Then again you could just be another islamic terrorist sympathizer.

And he did fulfill. Maybe you should look up the word. Then again you could just be another islamic terrorist sympathizer.

The next verse says:

Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, "Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."

Heaven and Earth have NOT passed away.

So the laws of the O.T. are still in effect. :cool:

The next verse says:

Matthew 5:18 For verily I say unto you, "Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."

Getting BACK on topic.
If your wife is so NOT oppressed, why isn't she posting as well?

I would allow her to post if she wanted to.

But it really doesn't interest her. :cool:

I am still looking for those recipes.... so make her post :lol:

LOL. He's probably the chief cook and bottle washer. That's usually how it is wiwhen the alpha males are at home.

I can barely boil water. So cooking ain't my thing.

But there is nothing un-manly about helping your wife around the house.

And I will pitch in when she needs the help. :cool:

I am still looking for those recipes.... so make her post :lol:

LOL. He's probably the chief cook and bottle washer. That's usually how it is wiwhen the alpha males are at home.

My third husband spot is still open..... :)

The next verse says:

Thanks. I knew that was in there somewhere. :clap2:

What I have noticed over the year is that when a guy is interested he, in a very low key way, tells how much money he has in the bank. THEN he says "I cook."

LOL, neither of those things is enough to fill #2 spot at my house!

you already got 2?? damn i am envious....

alpha males? how funny.....

I would allow her to post if she wanted to.

But it really doesn't interest her. :cool:

That's the crux of the issue. In our world, a grown woman does not have to be "allowed" to do what she wishes to do. She does not require "permission". She is an adult, and she is an equal.

In your world women are controlled, dominated, treated like possessions.

Do you think a few self-serving platitudes posted on the internet will convert women in our world into clapping their hands with joy, screaming, "Oh, yes, I see it so clearly now! I am inferior to men in every way! I would be so much happier if I was dominated, controlled, punished like a child, and treated like a second-class citizen. Please, take me now!"

If you do, then PM me for prices on a bridge I've got for sale.

You paint such a negative picture of an Islamic marriage.

But in reality you do not know what you are talking about.

Our marriages are built upon mutual respect.

She respects me enough to ask permission to do something.

And I respect her enough to say yes.

In fact, I have never told her No. :cool:

Forum List

Back