Who is Oppressed: Muslim women with Hijab or Western Society Women?

Are you unfamiliar with islamic death threats to the media? Do you believe they will not start on the new bastions of free speech, discussion forums?

HERE ARE SOME EXAMPLES

Thank you. I read a book by Ayyan Hirsi Ali called Infidel. It was really good. I have a lot of repect for her.

You do realize that reporters went back to Somalia and found that her story was a fraud?

When this was revealed she was kicked out of Denmark for receiving refugee status under false pretenses.

In essence her total story was a lie from the beginning to end. :doubt:

In her book, Infidel, she's totally honest about all that.

She is not a Muslim and would be thrown out of any mosque that she tried to enter.

Gullible western people listen to her and buy her books.

But she is an apostate and less than zero in the Islamic world.

Not in most of Europe, Turkey, Canada or the US. She'd probably even be welcome in Jordan..
Yes , I wish she would go to Jordan and walk the streets. :cool:

You would wish harm on her?

I don't see how someone can be against sharia and claim that they are a Muslim.

That would be like a Christian saying they are against the 10 Commandments.

It just doesn't work that way.

So obviously these friends of yours are not really Muslims.

The Ten Commandments are a Jewish construct. Jesus gave but one commandment:

Believers living under the New Testament have one commandment, which is to love as Jesus loved.

By keeping this one commandment we fulfill all other commandments given to stop sin.
JOHN 15:12 NKJ
12 "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

JOHN 13:34 NKJ
34 "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

1 JOHN 3:23 NKJ
23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

One command summarizes God's will -- yet there are many aspects or outworkings of it.

The New Commandment

okay i finally got to view the utube thing...what a crock of mal......i dont wear make up.....havent in 30 years...i dont spend an hour dressing....or picking anything out.....but most of all i dont feel the need to do anything to demonstrate my religious beliefs. i live with Pentecostals...the women are easy to pick out by their dress....they are covered...long dress...long sleeves .....long hair....you cant tell the men who by dress do nothing....this is all a way to control women...simple as that....muslims do it....jews do it.....christians do it...catholics do it.....just goes on and on and its women''s fault for putting up with this crap...

sunni, i consider you one of my close friends....but if i were wife 1, 2, 3 or 4....i would have already slit your throat while you slept....sorry honey.....i cant go with any of this fundie stuff.....from any male dominated religion.

I don't see how someone can be against sharia and claim that they are a Muslim.

That would be like a Christian saying they are against the 10 Commandments.

It just doesn't work that way.

So obviously these friends of yours are not really Muslims.

The Ten Commandments are a Jewish construct. Jesus gave but one commandment:

Believers living under the New Testament have one commandment, which is to love as Jesus loved.

By keeping this one commandment we fulfill all other commandments given to stop sin.
JOHN 15:12 NKJ
12 "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

JOHN 13:34 NKJ
34 "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

1 JOHN 3:23 NKJ
23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

One command summarizes God's will -- yet there are many aspects or outworkings of it.

The New Commandment

You really need to read the verses that you posted

Jesus never said that he voided the 10 Commandments.

He just added one more. :cool:

I'm w/ Brussel's & France on this. Those body-tarps are a form of non-integration. You want to wear those things, do it in your own country.
burqa1.jpg

Islam makes the Christians look like Jesus.

Or to put it another way…

Islam gives religion a bad name.

Having watched the video one can only say the premise of the OP is in error: the criteria used to determine ‘oppression’ have noting to do with law and public policy, the only and final arbiters of freedom and human rights.
I'm w/ Brussel's & France on this. Those body-tarps are a form of non-integration. You want to wear those things, do it in your own country.

Although neither Belgium nor France are subject to American Constitutional case law, such laws would be a Free Exercise Clause violation in the US.

A people can not be compelled to integrate or assimilate, acculturation is a natural process that occurs over time. And a people compelled to abandon given social or religious practices tend to resist acculturation, defeating the purpose of the ‘reform.’

Having watched the video one can only say the premise of the OP is in error: the criteria used to determine ‘oppression’ have noting to do with law and public policy, the only and final arbiters of freedom and human rights.

Although neither Belgium nor France are subject to American Constitutional case law, such laws would be a Free Exercise Clause violation in the US.

A people can not be compelled to integrate or assimilate, acculturation is a natural process that occurs over time. And a people compelled to abandon given social or religious practices tend to resist acculturation, defeating the purpose of the ‘reform.’

It's an outward way of saying "I'm not you". Assimilate or go back to your own country. there's also a security issue in that you can't determine WTF you're talking to

burqa.jpg

burqa1.jpg

They are also a great way to perpetrate a crime with no possible means of identification.

The ones here also wear gloves when in public. Hmmm.........

burqa1.jpg

They are also a great way to perpetrate a crime with no possible means of identification.

The ones here also wear gloves when in public. Hmmm.........

More than one terrorist/suicide bomber has been able to slip through security wearing one of those portable tarps.

It's an outward way of saying "I'm not you". Assimilate or go back to your own country. there's also a security issue in that you can't determine WTF you're talking to.

What evidence do you have of successful, forced acculturation, other than resentment.

And unless you have specific evidence someone is going to commit a crime, religious/cultural attire alone isn’t sufficient grounds to preempt one’s First Amendment rights.

It's an outward way of saying "I'm not you". Assimilate or go back to your own country. there's also a security issue in that you can't determine WTF you're talking to.

What evidence do you have of successful, forced acculturation, other than resentment.

And unless you have specific evidence someone is going to commit a crime, religious/cultural attire alone isn’t sufficient grounds to preempt one’s First Amendment rights.

Let me ask you…if I own a bank or a restaurant or any other type business, can I require customers to show their face when they come in to the establishment even though no crime has yet been committed.

Forum List

Back