Who is Jesus in the OT?

kjw47

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2013
upstate NY
A being was sent from heaven to the earth and was named Jesus as a mortal. Who was he in the OT?
The bible teaches God created things through this being. Some say he is YHWH(Jehovah) but in the OT the LORD( YHWH) said to my lord( Jesus) proves Jesus is not YHWH(Jehovah) . The Father is YHWH(Jehovah) -- The one he sent forth is not him, it is another being. Proverbs 8 is that being speaking--Gods master worker--He explains there that being created direct( first and last) like the pangs of a woman giving birth. He( YHWH) grew especially fond of me. I came to be beside him as his master worker-- No other can make that claim except the one whom YHWH created all other things through. It is the being who came to earth and was named Jesus as a mortal. All evidence points to Michael.

The Father is YHWH(Jehovah)
Sorry, no. The ONLY Being the Israelites knew was the Being who was bora, Jesus (Yeshua).

He told us a large part of His purpose on Earth was to REVEAL the Father.

The Father had never made Himself known to Man before Jesus came to earth.

This is why it's so funny to me that so many think Jesus is so different from that "mean old, OT God.".

That only means they don't know the REAL Jesus. Most professing Christians today wouldnt like the real Jesus.

Jesus is Jehovah, the First and the Last, the Alpha and Omega, the Almighty. The first chapter of the Book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ confirms it.

A being was sent from heaven to the earth and was named Jesus as a mortal. Who was he in the OT?
The bible teaches God created things through this being. Some say he is YHWH(Jehovah) but in the OT the LORD( YHWH) said to my lord( Jesus) proves Jesus is not YHWH(Jehovah) . The Father is YHWH(Jehovah) -- The one he sent forth is not him, it is another being. Proverbs 8 is that being speaking--Gods master worker--He explains there that being created direct( first and last) like the pangs of a woman giving birth. He( YHWH) grew especially fond of me. I came to be beside him as his master worker-- No other can make that claim except the one whom YHWH created all other things through. It is the being who came to earth and was named Jesus as a mortal. All evidence points to Michael.

I do not believe anything of the supernatural but I just posted this in another thread and it applies equally here.

Few know the sequence of events in the ideology of Jesus being the second Adam. The church has supressed that teaching because they fear that the sheeple will follow that teaching and ignore the church and the funding they demand.

In brief. Adam sinned. the present church calls it Original Sin and preaches that it was negative to our spiritual growth, while they sing in their Exsultet hymn the Adam's sin was a happy fault and necessary to God's plan for man. Quite a contradiction. That aside, Adam became as God in the knowing of good and evil.

He did not set himself above God as he should have so the new covenant was dreamt up to show us again what we are to do which is follow the way Jesus taught, which is to have God serve us and not us serve God. This is done when Jesus takes the Judgement seat at God's right hand in heaven and thus gives man power over himself.

This is exemplified by the following that is well known to Gnostic Christians like me, but that the church never teaches.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

FMPOV, Jesus wanted to free man from the imaginary God created by literalists who believe in a supernatural God. Christianity wants to slave us to that imaginary God.

Regards
DL

Sorry, no. The ONLY Being the Israelites knew was the Being who was bora, Jesus (Yeshua).

This is why it's so funny to me that so many think Jesus is so different from that "mean old, OT God.".

That only means they don't know the REAL Jesus. Most professing Christians today wouldnt like the real Jesus.

This is true as the real Jesus would be appalled at their notion that substitutionary punishment, using Jesus as their scapegoat, is somehow moral and something he would teach.

That immoral belief is what this Bishop says will kill Christianity and I think he might be right. I hope he is.

Regards
DL

Funny.

Well at least you are getting started at knowing the dozen or so names for God in the Jewish Tenakh. There are more than you could ever imagine.

Jesus is a Latin word, by the way. It was invented by Pontius Pilate in 33 A.D.

It does not show up anywhere in the "Old Testament" and only once in the New.

You need to learn to read the New Testament in Greek and the Old Testament in Hebrew. English was not invented until 1066 A.D.

You should read the bible--Israel rejected Jesus.
Jesus is the image of God--Love. Yet 0 tolerance for sin. Jesus showed all that love as a mortal on earth and as Gods appointed king. But at Har-mageddon Jesus will show exactly how God feels about sin. God showed many in the ot. Jesus will judge many to the lake of fire= the second death( eternal)-- These things must occur.

I do not believe anything of the supernatural but I just posted this in another thread and it applies equally here.

Few know the sequence of events in the ideology of Jesus being the second Adam. The church has supressed that teaching because they fear that the sheeple will follow that teaching and ignore the church and the funding they demand.

In brief. Adam sinned. the present church calls it Original Sin and preaches that it was negative to our spiritual growth, while they sing in their Exsultet hymn the Adam's sin was a happy fault and necessary to God's plan for man. Quite a contradiction. That aside, Adam became as God in the knowing of good and evil.

He did not set himself above God as he should have so the new covenant was dreamt up to show us again what we are to do which is follow the way Jesus taught, which is to have God serve us and not us serve God. This is done when Jesus takes the Judgement seat at God's right hand in heaven and thus gives man power over himself.

This is exemplified by the following that is well known to Gnostic Christians like me, but that the church never teaches.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

FMPOV, Jesus wanted to free man from the imaginary God created by literalists who believe in a supernatural God. Christianity wants to slave us to that imaginary God.

Regards
DL

Jesus prayed to that God How is that?

Funny.

Well at least you are getting started at knowing the dozen or so names for God in the Jewish Tenakh. There are more than you could ever imagine.

Jesus is a Latin word, by the way. It was invented by Pontius Pilate in 33 A.D.

It does not show up anywhere in the "Old Testament" and only once in the New.

You need to learn to read the New Testament in Greek and the Old Testament in Hebrew. English was not invented until 1066 A.D.

There is a single name for God-YHWH(Jehovah)-- The other Hebrew words, were words carrying meanings using Gods name. Elohim is not a name--a Hebrew word with various meanings, but NEVER plural( gods) for the true God in the Hebrew language.

This is true as the real Jesus would be appalled at their notion that substitutionary punishment, using Jesus as their scapegoat, is somehow moral and something he would teach.

That immoral belief is what this Bishop says will kill Christianity and I think he might be right. I hope he is.

Regards
DL

You are an atheist. Of course you want Christianity to die. It's nice to hear you actually admit it.

Forum List

Back