Are you working to be God?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

If not, why not?

Adam and Eve did and were rewarded. They have become as God in the knowing of good and evil.

The way I see the overall ancient Jewish and Christian religions is, it is designed, if read the way I read it; to have mankind mature and civilize itself to where a god is not required, as we will all walk about with a Christ mind and the morality of God. We are to be morally and ethically the ideal of what we think God is. Gen 3: - They have become as Gods in the knowing of good and evil.

The future God of man is to be a man, since we cannot know anything about the supernatural.

http://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Archetypal Jesus, just a man, ascended to the throne of God and took the judgement seat from God. That makes man the ruler of his own morals and ethics.

This is clear and exemplified in the Vatican’s creation painting which has God sitting on the outline of the right hemisphere of our brains, where the ancients thought God resided, in the third or inner eye type of metaphor.

Matthew 6:22 - The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 - Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 - For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

If you have any Gnosis, you will agree with this Gnostic Christian, Karaite Jews and Buddhists that man is to be above God and not God above man.

Regards
DL

th

We all return to God in the end.

*****SMILE*****

:)

If not, why not?

Adam and Eve did and were rewarded. They have become as God in the knowing of good and evil.

The way I see the overall ancient Jewish and Christian religions is, it is designed, if read the way I read it; to have mankind mature and civilize itself to where a god is not required, as we will all walk about with a Christ mind and the morality of God. We are to be morally and ethically the ideal of what we think God is. Gen 3: - They have become as Gods in the knowing of good and evil.

The future God of man is to be a man, since we cannot know anything about the supernatural.

Archetypal Jesus, just a man, ascended to the throne of God and took the judgement seat from God. That makes man the ruler of his own morals and ethics.

This is clear and exemplified in the Vatican’s creation painting which has God sitting on the outline of the right hemisphere of our brains, where the ancients thought God resided, in the third or inner eye type of metaphor.

Matthew 6:22 - The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 - Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 - For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

If you have any Gnosis, you will agree with this Gnostic Christian, Karaite Jews and Buddhists that man is to be above God and not God above man.

Regards
DL
Adam and Eve got booted out of Eden for getting it on.

God drowned nearly all of humanity in his flood. Even the babies.

I'm not working for a mass murderer, they tried that in Germany already.

Baby Nephilim are not human babies. He waited until there were only 8 humans with non corrupt human DNA before acting. He saved humanity, He didn't destroy it.
Adam and Eve were NOT rewarded, and never turned into gods. But, what they were, were continually forgiven.
It is even better for us.
Accept the gift Christ offered from the cross, and God puts your sins behind Him never to be revisited again. They are forgotten. The love of our Father is a good deal. Thank Him.

Baby Nephilim are not human babies. He waited until there were only 8 humans with non corrupt human DNA before acting. He saved humanity, He didn't destroy it.
Adam and Eve were NOT rewarded, and never turned into gods. But, what they were, were continually forgiven.
Accept the gift Christ offered from the cross, and God puts your sins behind Him never to be revisited again. They are forgotten. The love of our Father is a good deal. Thank Him.
Hmm sounds pretty culty

If not, why not?

Regards
DL

Talk to Christians. Using your Hitler comparison, Christians are wearing the swastika now.

Regards
DL

It is immoral to not step up to your own responsibilities for your sins.

Why are you promoting that people do an immoral thing, and like you, abdicate your responsibility?

Regards
DL

Actually, becoming a god is one of the things that Buddhists believe. They believe that the ultimate form of mankind is a Buddha, and with enough contemplation and living right, anyone can become a Buddha, which is to say, a god.

One of the reasons I couldn't get behind that belief system, because I feel like there is a Higher Power of some sort out there, and I'm too small to be it.

However......................Taoism believes quite a few of the same things that Buddhists believe, but Taoists don't believe they can become gods, they believe that when we die, we rejoin the Tao.

Kinda like what Christians believe when they say they are going to rejoin God.

If not, why not?

Regards
DL

Actually, Adam and Eve were kicked out of Eden because they didn't take responsibility for their actions. When God asked Adam why he ate the apple, he said it was because Eve gave it to him. When God asked Eve why she ate it, she blamed the serpent.

If Adam and Eve had admitted to taking the apple in the first place and asked for forgiveness right then and there, I think the human race would have turned out much differently.

The original sin isn't having sex, the original sin was to refuse to take responsibility for your actions.

Actually, becoming a god is one of the things that Buddhists believe. They believe that the ultimate form of mankind is a Buddha, and with enough contemplation and living right, anyone can become a Buddha, which is to say, a god.

One of the reasons I couldn't get behind that belief system, because I feel like there is a Higher Power of some sort out there, and I'm too small to be it.

However......................Taoism believes quite a few of the same things that Buddhists believe, but Taoists don't believe they can become gods, they believe that when we die, we rejoin the Tao.

Many have that feeling, and since we cannot serve a feeling, we should serve man and in that way, as some say, we are serving God.

God is not here. Man is here, and to not serve man in hopes of a God, God would not see as moral.

As has been said, if you cannot see God in all, you will never find God at all.

Regards
DL

Hmm sounds pretty culty

Not at all. It is all inclusive. Christ was no respecter of persons. He loved us all. Paid the price for us all in the hope that we will join Him, ruling and reigning as a Child of the Most High, and co-heir with our brother, Jesus.

Many have that feeling, and since we cannot serve a feeling, we should serve man and in that way, as some say, we are serving God.

God is not here. Man is here, and to not serve man in hopes of a God, God would not see as moral.

As has been said, if you cannot see God in all, you will never find God at all.

Regards
DL

Actually, there is a reference to that in Jewish belief. In some cases, they believe that we are here to be God's "hands and feet" to do good things for our fellow humans and take care of the planet.

Me? I think that God is too big to be contained in just one belief system or dogma, which is why I have learned something about Judaism, Taoism, Buddhism, and Christianity, with a small smattering of Islam thrown in.

The reason I researched Islam? So I could try to better understand those who appear to be against America because of their religion.

If not, why not?

Regards
DL

Actually, Adam and Eve were kicked out of Eden because they didn't take responsibility for their actions. When God asked Adam why he ate the apple, he said it was because Eve gave it to him. When God asked Eve why she ate it, she blamed the serpent.

If Adam and Eve had admitted to taking the apple in the first place and asked for forgiveness right then and there, I think the human race would have turned out much differently.

The original sin isn't having sex, the original sin was to refuse to take responsibility for your actions.

The Jews originally and presently see Eden as where man was elevated and they do not have an Original sin concept.

They knew that gaining a moral sense, which is what happened to A & E, --- they have become as God in the knowing of good and evil, --- was a real good thing. Christianity saw it as evil somehow.

Would you give up your moral sense or do you see it's value to us being fully human?

Regards
DL

Hmm sounds pretty culty

Not at all. It is all inclusive. Christ was no respecter of persons. He loved us all. Paid the price for us all in the hope that we will join Him, ruling and reigning as a Child of the Most High, and co-heir with our brother, Jesus.

Suicide, instead of just forgiving us outright is not moral.

You think Jesus/God died for you, but if Jesus/God did not stay dead, then there was no sacrifice.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back