Who do you support in 2012

I went to see Obama speak when he came to my city for "a town hall meeting" and that was when I just got through my freshman year of high school; and I thought 'this guy is pretty good at speaking, and knows what to do to fix our country.' Then I now look back and realize, I really wasn't into the facebook/other social media like I am today so I was clueless to who else had good ideas, and b. if I recall, most candidates (at least the nominees) only focused on the town hall setting instead of the social media setting... unlike today.. Which one benefits the candidate? I would say both, in my opinion.

The really funny thing about the Ron Paul thing in '08, was the reaction of the media. They kept talking about how shrewdly RP had utilized the internet to build support. But the thing is, he was virtually ignorant of the whole thing right up until that first big money bomb (where we raised $4M in one day). After that, his campaign started actually attempting to coordinate with the grassroots people. But they never really caught up. Apart from a few boxes of yard signs, our meetup never got squat from the official campaign. It was all homegrown. That's why it's kind of nice to see him taking it more seriously. His supporters deserve a more organized effort.

Last edited:
Obama wanting still more stimulus is your answer, Chris? Try again.

Obama is the Democrats Reagan....

the2bstimulus2band2bjobs.jpg

gdp_recov.png

dow_jones_industrial_average_during_the_obama_administration.png

This is called a jobless recovery. Stock Market does well but the workers do not. Until the jobs come back, Obama has not succeeded.

Try again, Chris.

This is called a jobless recovery. Stock Market does well but the workers do not. Until the jobs come back, Obama has not succeeded.

Try again, Chris.

Unemployment fell in 43 states in November

WASHINGTON (AP) — Unemployment rates fell in 43 states in November, the most number of states to report such declines in eight years.

The falling state rates reflect the brightening jobs picture nationally. The U.S. unemployment rate fell sharply in November to 8.6 percent, the lowest since March 2009. The economy has generated 100,000 or more jobs five months in a row — the first time that's happened since 2006, before the Great Recession.

The Associated Press: Unemployment fell in 43 states in November

I went to see Obama speak when he came to my city for "a town hall meeting" and that was when I just got through my freshman year of high school; and I thought 'this guy is pretty good at speaking, and knows what to do to fix our country.' Then I now look back and realize, I really wasn't into the facebook/other social media like I am today so I was clueless to who else had good ideas, and b. if I recall, most candidates (at least the nominees) only focused on the town hall setting instead of the social media setting... unlike today.. Which one benefits the candidate? I would say both, in my opinion.

The really funny thing about the Ron Paul thing in '08, was the reaction of the media. They kept talking about how shrewdly RP had utilized the internet to build support. But the thing is, he was virtually ignorant of the whole thing right up until that first big money bomb (where we raised $4M in one day). After that, his campaign started actually attempting to coordinate with the grassroots people. But they never really caught up. Apart from a few boxes of yard signs, our meetup never got squat from the official campaign. It was all homegrown. That's why it's kind of nice to see him taking it more seriously. His supporters deserve a more organized effort.

There was actually a big contingent of Paul supporters on World of Warcraft back then. I remember them basically taking over my server for a few hours one day....I was not pleased! :evil:
:lol:

Try again, Chris.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Unemployment rates fell in 43 states in November, the most number of states to report such declines in eight years.

The falling state rates reflect the brightening jobs picture nationally. The U.S. unemployment rate fell sharply in November to 8.6 percent, the lowest since March 2009. The economy has generated 100,000 or more jobs five months in a row — the first time that's happened since 2006, before the Great Recession.

One month does not a recovery make, particularly during the Christmas season.

Try again.

There was actually a big contingent of Paul supporters on World of Warcraft back then. I remember them basically taking over my server for a few hours one day....I was not pleased! :evil:
:lol:

hehe.... yeah. Some of the younger folks take things a little too far sometimes. I think there is urgency among Ron Paul supporters to try to compensate for the fact that the media ignores him. And it can get out of hand.

Try again, Chris.

Try again.

21 months of private sector job growth.
GDP has been growing since 2009.
The stock market has doubled since 2009.
Americans net worth is up $9 trillion dollars since 2009.
Americans paid off $1 trillion dollars of personal debt in the last few years.
Auto sales were up 13.9% in November.
Pending home sales were up 10% in October.
Retail sales were up 16% over the Thanksgiving weekend.
Unemployment is down to 8.6%
The deficit problem has been solved with the expiration of the Bush tax cuts in Dec. of 2012 and the automatic spending cuts that kick in in Jan. of 2013.

Bin Laden and Gaddafi are dead.

And it's all Obama's fault!

Try again.

The deficit problem has been solved with the expiration of the Bush tax cuts in Dec. of 2012 and the automatic spending cuts that kick in in Jan. of 2013.

You give proof of a jobless recovery, which is what I said above. 8.6% is not much, and you well know it. It has drop at least another point and a half, and that probably is not going to happen.

Try again.

You give proof of a jobless recovery, which is what I said above. 8.6% is not much, and you well know it. It has drop at least another point and a half, and that probably is not going to happen.

If enough people give up looking for work they can define it down to below 8%.

If enough people give up looking for work they can define it down to below 8%.

Nice try.

Retail sales, home sales, and auto sales are all up and unemployment is down.

21 straight months of private sector job growth.

The train is leaving the station.

Obama is the Democrat's Reagan.

Only if the job situation improves. If the lower 50% is still screaming next November, Obama can lose.

Only if the job situation improves. If the lower 50% is still screaming next November, Obama can lose.

Oh, they will be screaming all right.

At the Republicans in the House who just raised taxes on 160 million Americans.

Obama supported the NDAA when it had indefinite detention without trial to citizens, so he's out. Ron Paul looks OK.

Not Gingrich though.

Haven't ruled out any of the other Republican candidates.

Forum List

Back