Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Virgil Goode-Constitution party

• Merlin Miller-Americas 3rd Position party

• Rocky Anderson-Justice party

• Total voters
I agree with that. It's possible, however improbable, that I would vote for someone other than Ron or Gary this year.

I'm not sure how long you will last in a place like this... But mass respect to you. You and I likely won't agree on much worth anything... But be a man. Or woman.. Whatever you are. Respect that.

I might not last long, but I plan to learn what I can while I am here. I have never been one to dodge a fight in the slightest, but I feel like perhaps this is a bit too one sided of a place. Might not be a place I feel I will get much by way of true knowledge, possibly just more rhetoric which would not be good for someone as new to politics as I am.
Doesn't matter where you go... For some reason the internet is Conservative/Republican leaning when in an open forum. I really don't know why that is... I'm sure you can find places where there are more liberals/democrats are more frequent, but it's likely not an open forum geared for discussion about the rights and wrong about politics, just spreading the Democrat message.

Edit: Oh... And with all that said an open comment to the board Obama supporters. Mass respect to all you guys. When I first started my posting on an off topic forum I got a taste of what it was like to be out numbered by the opposition of my views. For you guys it's a regular occurrence online, and not so much in real life. And you still vote your conscience. Good for you. You're wrong... But good for you guys. :)

Last edited:
Doesn't matter where you go... For some reason the internet is Conservative/Republican leaning when in an open forum. I really don't know why that is... I'm sure you can find places where there are more liberals/democrats are more frequent, but it's likely not an open forum geared for discussion about the rights and wrong about politics, just spreading the Democrat message.

You are quite likely right. Just like in print it is practically exactly the same. It is quite difficult to learn about politics from any source without some sort of spin being put on it. That is one of the reasons I have always avoided it in the past. I was raised by "Republicans" who could not possibly explain to you what that word even really means, so my political knowledge through life has been quite watered down to "You should be a Republicans because they don't hand out welfare."

Now that I am older and the issues are starting to make more sense and be more pressing in my own life I feel it is time for me to learn.

LOL, thanks for the LAUGH!!!!!

Sarcasm or seriousness?

Mostly I'm asking if you find my view on this issue to be amusing or the fact that I stood up to someone trying to be a smart ass bully. If the former I would ask that you explain what about what I said was funny, because I would love to know what parts you disagree with. If the second, you are quite welcome. When one acts like an idiot one deserves to be treated as such. He definitely deserved it.

Right here is what made me laugh: "I actually chose Gary Johnson as he is the person I feel most espouses my personal beliefs on how this country should be run. However, after reading this thread I have come to the conclusion that the vote cast should be the one most likely to topple Obama from power and ensure that we are not stuck with yet another four years of his entirely ineffectual leadership and divisive decisions. "

You are quite likely right. Just like in print it is practically exactly the same. It is quite difficult to learn about politics from any source without some sort of spin being put on it. That is one of the reasons I have always avoided it in the past. I was raised by "Republicans" who could not possibly explain to you what that word even really means, so my political knowledge through life has been quite watered down to "You should be a Republicans because they don't hand out welfare."

Now that I am older and the issues are starting to make more sense and be more pressing in my own life I feel it is time for me to learn.

Forums like this one where you can find both sides represented are your best bet. Granted, this one isn't micromanaged in terms of moderation, but if you're a little thick-skinned about it, you'll catch on fast. I'd recommend a little homework if you're a newbie... the Constitution, Federalist papers, and buffing up in general on American history... and before you know it, you'll be an old hand.

Don't forget, you're a step ahead just by virtue of not being apathetic. ;)

Right here is what made me laugh: "I actually chose Gary Johnson as he is the person I feel most espouses my personal beliefs on how this country should be run. However, after reading this thread I have come to the conclusion that the vote cast should be the one most likely to topple Obama from power and ensure that we are not stuck with yet another four years of his entirely ineffectual leadership and divisive decisions. "

Duly noted, and might I ask why you find it amusing, and/or disagree with it. Keep in mind I am not trying to be disrespectful, just trying to see both sides and learn what I can.

Forums like this one where you can find both sides represented are your best bet. Granted, this one isn't micromanaged in terms of moderation, but if you're a little thick-skinned about it, you'll catch on fast. I'd recommend a little homework if you're a newbie... the Constitution, Federalist papers, and buffing up in general on American history... and before you know it, you'll be an old hand.

Thanks for the tips, and you are quite right. I feel that general apathy is probably what has caused most of this mess to begin with.

Sarcasm or seriousness?

Mostly I'm asking if you find my view on this issue to be amusing or the fact that I stood up to someone trying to be a smart ass bully. If the former I would ask that you explain what about what I said was funny, because I would love to know what parts you disagree with. If the second, you are quite welcome. When one acts like an idiot one deserves to be treated as such. He definitely deserved it.

Nothing wrong with that. Gary Johnson has ZERO shot at actually winning. It doesn't take a crystal ball to see it.

Thanks for the tips, and you are quite right. I feel that general apathy is probably what has caused most of this mess to begin with.

"From bondage to spiritual faith;
From spiritual faith to great courage;
From courage to liberty;
From liberty to abundance;
From abundance to selfishness;
From selfishness to complacency;
From complacency to apathy;
From apathy to dependency;
From dependency back again to bondage."

--Alexis DeTocqeville

I figure we're in the "apathy to dependency" stage. Hope I'm not right about that. :eusa_shifty:

Sarcasm or seriousness?

So, what is so funny about that? He states what candidate is close to his own beliefs and which candidate has to be stopped most importantly in this election. I think most of the electorate feels that same way.

In 2008, many Democrats wanted Hillary Clinton and were devestated when Obama got the nomination. Some declared they wanted to write Hillary in, but then thought stopping McCain from becoming president was too important than wasting a write in ballot for Hillary. They unltimately voted for Obama.
See how that works? Not so funny afterall, huh? Makes sense actually.

So then it's not just me that is confused about this then. I am glad to see others who are quite as curious as me to see where this is going. I still can't figure out what I could possibly have said in that statement to amuse or annoy someone. But then again the other asshat up there also picked on me, so who knows, maybe there is something to it.

Oh and Murf76, I truly hope not, but does it really bode well? That's my question. People just really seem to not care anymore who is president and what he does. The few that do are incredibly vocal about it, but the apathetic just ignore it. Especially since the electoral college is in place and makes so many feel like their votes are pointless anyway.

Last edited:

Duly noted, and might I ask why you find it amusing, and/or disagree with it. Keep in mind I am not trying to be disrespectful, just trying to see both sides and learn what I can.

I found it amusing because you stated that voted for Gary Johnson on the poll but because of this thread you decided to vote for Romney. I just thought that it was odd that reading a thread could make you change your mind, especially when some of it is the same mindless mantra people hear on a daily basis from neocon talking heads like hannity and limbaugh, etc.

Besides the stupid health care bill, how is he (Obama) any different than his republican predecessor? Foreign policy? NO. Big government programs? NO Civil Liberties? NO. Taxes? NO. How will Romney be any different on the above policies?

I found it amusing because you stated that voted for Gary Johnson on the poll but because of this thread you decided to vote for Romney. I just thought that it was odd that reading a thread could make you change your mind, especially when some of it is the same mindless mantra people hear on a daily basis from neocon talking heads like hannity and limbaugh, etc.

Besides the stupid health care bill, how is he (Obama) any different than his republican predecessor? Foreign policy? NO. Big government programs? NO Civil Liberties? NO. Taxes? NO. How will Romney be any different on the above policies?

As I said I am just learning and my opinion is always open to new information coming in to change it. That's what is great about opinions, they can change just like a scientific theory when one gets new information. I came here hoping to learn. As a Libertarian I don't like Romney or Obama, but the person I do like has the least chance of winning. Obama has, in my opinion been very ineffectual as a leader, and has more than once shown a false support for several of the issues, as well as flip flopping on them, while in office. I dislike him. I know very little about Romney, and as I learn I might decide that I care for him so little that my vote will go to Johnson after all. But I agree with the idea that to vote for a candidate that has virtually no chance of winning could actually hurt us in trying to get rid of Obama.

With that said, I feel that it is counterproductive to someone trying to learn to have someone mock them as you did. I have a thick skin, as an agnostic and a gay man from a small West Texas town I had to develop one. Neither of those things is particularly well received in that area. But I just can't even imagine how someone would think that such mockery would be helpful to someone setting out to learn something new. Also I clearly stated at one point that I have no one to talk to or learn politics from so none of this is a mantra that I hear over and over. I am completely new to this. I suppose that must be reiterated once again, just in case, I am new to this.

Thank you for explaining your position though.

Last edited:
So then it's not just me that is confused about this then. I am glad to see others who are quite as curious as me to see where this is going. I still can't figure out what I could possibly have said in that statement to amuse or annoy someone. But then again the other asshat up there also picked on me, so who knows, maybe there is something to it.
With an activity of over 100 people at any given time on a board... It's going to happen... I wouldn't worry about it too much. You basically have three choices:

1) Take them seriously: Don't do that.
2) Ignore them: Likely the best option
3) Make fun of them: It's what I generally choose to do

1 & 3 will make you go crazy if you don't have a shit load of mental stamina.

Oh and Murf76, I truly hope not, but does it really bode well? That's my question. People just really seem to not care anymore who is president and what he does. The few that do are incredibly vocal about it, but the apathetic just ignore it. Especially since the electoral college is in place and makes so many feel like their votes are pointless anyway.
I believe that the best way to change the system, is to vote your values. The only real way to be heard, is to DO. SAYING doesn't mean anything.

Oh... People say they are this, or they are that... Well... I think they are bias of themselves. I'll go ahead and make my own opinions on that, don't tell me what you are... Show me. I'll believe what you show me. Works great for Presidents and Governors too. ;)

Foreign policy???? We were respected during the Bush years! Obama comes in and apologizes to the Muslim world!
Big government programs??? We now have half the population paying no taxes and Welfare the highest it's been ever, Obama is the Food stamp KIng!
Civil Liberties???We are losing our own liberties to the Illegals more and more each day as the now are not deporting but giving work visas and taking our jobs!
Taxes??? He wants class ware fare as well as dividing the country along racial lines making sure that blacks and whites are disciplined in school equally regardless of who commits the infractions and created the African American Education Offices to help blacks as if they ARE the ONLY disadvantaged students in the nation.....

Romney has a plan for the middle class and the economy. Obama cannot even go to any Job Council Meetings..Do they even have a job council any more? We need a fair president.

Last edited:
With an activity of over 100 people at any given time on a board... It's going to happen... I wouldn't worry about it too much. You basically have three choices:

1) Take them seriously: Don't do that.
2) Ignore them: Likely the best option
3) Make fun of them: It's what I generally choose to do

1 & 3 will make you go crazy if you don't have a shit load of mental stamina.

I believe that the best way to change the system, is to vote your values. The only real way to be heard, is to DO. SAYING doesn't mean anything.

Oh... People say they are this, or they are that... Well... I think they are bias of themselves. I'll go ahead and make my own opinions on that, don't tell me what you are... Show me. I'll believe what you show me. Works great for Presidents and Governors too. ;)

First of all, I love those options, that is astoundingly brilliant as far as tips for a newbie to this place goes. I shall keep those in mind.

And your thoughts on showing what you believe through your actions goes hat in hand with a comment I made to my sister in law earlier about words not being offensive, but instead actions being offensive. What someone says is in most cases meaningless at best, a flat lie at worst, but what they do will give you the truth almost 100% of the time.

Sarcasm or seriousness?

So, what is so funny about that? He states what candidate is close to his own beliefs and which candidate has to be stopped most importantly in this election. I think most of the electorate feels that same way.

In 2008, many Democrats wanted Hillary Clinton and were devestated when Obama got the nomination. Some declared they wanted to write Hillary in, but then thought stopping McCain from becoming president was too important than wasting a write in ballot for Hillary. They unltimately voted for Obama.
See how that works? Not so funny afterall, huh? Makes sense actually.

I still think that it's funny. Did you read the article that I posted? Maybe this will help you guys understand why I thought that it is funny:

Candidate Comparison

I still think that it's funny. Did you read the article that I posted? Maybe this will help you guys understand why I thought that it is funny:

Candidate Comparison

Thank you for sharing that. I had missed that on his site. I am very glad you shared that. Again I have some thinking to do, as well as some learning. I have until November after all. Plenty of time to "get my ducks in a row" as it were. Again thank you.

Johnson. Unless by November Romney is within the "margin of lawyer" (ahead by at least two in a reputable poll) in Ohio, then maybe Romney.

The VP pick and some solid rightward policy papers on the economy would have to work in Romney's favor as well or it's Johnson and the Libertarians again for me.

Foreign policy???? We were respected during the Bush years! Obama comes in and apologizes to the Muslim world!
Big government programs??? We now have half the population paying no taxes and Welfare the highest it's been ever, Obama is the Food stamp KIng!
Civil Liberties???We are losing our own liberties to the Illegals more and more each day as the now are not deporting but giving work visas and taking our jobs!
Taxes??? He wants class ware fare as well as dividing the country along racial lines making sure that blacks and whites are disciplined in school equally regardless of who commits the infractions and created the African American Education Offices to help blacks as if they ARE the ONLY disadvantaged students in the nation.....

Romney has a plan for the middle class and the economy. Obama cannot even go to any Job Council Meetings..Do they even have a job council any more? We need a fair president.

No we weren't! No he didn't! He's continuing the same neocon nation building crap as the previous Administration.

Have you ever heard of the bail outs, TARP, DHS, TSA, that was started by the previous Administration? That's BIG GOVERNMENT. What percentage of the population was allegedly "paying no taxes" under the previous Administration? What policies of the previous Administration started the economic depression in the first place?

What are Romney's plans for the middle class?

Forum List

Back