White Privilege?

Doesnt matter who it was about but if it was Kavanaugh I agree. I would still like to see both sides of the argument.

You felt they were superior to you? What does that have to do with anything and why did you feel they were superior to you? Not sure why you would feel hatred towards someone you admittedly felt were superior to you. The fact that you believed them to be superior seems to be an acceptance of the lower position you assigned yourself. If you accepted that you wouldnt feel hatred.

Hmmm... my post is about race and privilege. I felt they were superior musicians to me because they had grown up in a more "privileged" musical environment - meaning they had more people ready to support and nurture them musically, who "happened to be" black. But I never saw that privilege as coming from their color - it came from their culture.

So - the next logical step is to see that privilege in general is about culture - not color. And that is why "white privilege" is essentially a straw man argument. Race does not imbue privilege, but culture can.

Feel free to denigrate my "white culture music" of Catholic hymns instead of rockin' gospel songs, or Peter Paul & Mary instead of Miles Davis, But understand that I was brought up on that music because it was my culture, not because I was white, so I have no reason to conflate race with "musical privilege."
White privilege is about color. Thats why its called white privilege. Its handed out to whites no matter there culture. There is a reason the SCOTUS admits there is systemic racism. There is a reason retired police chiefs admit cops police Blacks differently out of fear. There is a reason whites created a system to keep Blacks from getting ahead. All these reasons add up to white privilege. Now you can claim this is not so but doing that only tells me you are in denial due to an insecurity complex. It must be extremely difficult for a white male to go through life not sure if his success is real or not. Or maybe white males simply dont care? Maybe they have zero shame they need a system rigged for their benefit?
Thats like saying Black guys make all the money in the NBA.

Thats only because Asians have used you white boys to their advantage. Once they were promoted to model minority status you fools started hiring them to prove a point to Blacks. However since I know alot of Asians they tell me they still have to put up with your white racist ways.

Well since you admit whites control everything why are you saying Asians are doing better than whites?
Asians are as racist as anyone else. Especially with other Asians, they can sound like characitures of rednecks portrayed on tv, just with a different accent. My worst encounter of racism, mocking with actual malicious intent, can from black people, on 2 separate occasions. I had another occasion that I don’t even classify as racism from a white lady, that was an honest mistake. I was at hibachi/sushi restaurant, in a black sweater and jeans, very similar to the staffs uniform, I was at the host stand waiting and she asked me the wait time. I laughed, because it was a funny and honest mistake that I could make, and said I didn’t work here. She was horrified and extremely apologetic. That’s not racism in my book.

And if that is your qualifications of privelage, being in governmental power, blacks are waaaaay ahead of Asians. We had a black president, that’s control of an entire branch of government, with dozens of major federal departments all answering to him. This is the First Nation to democratically elect a minority as president/prime minister. And he won both races comfortably. Think about that for a second. Not to mention, there’s a whole black caucus, and maybe a handful of Asian elected to office.
I know Asians can be racist. I had several Asians as girlfriends that couldnt stand white people. Not sure what that has to do with the point though? You said all of that but you still havent proven that Asians or Blacks or any other people of color control the resources and opportunities here in the US? Sorry but all thats controlled by whites. Hence white privilege.
My point is that racism is just an easier form of tribalism to fall into. Tribalism is inherent in human nature, it is something that we have evolved with. All because we are talking monkeys that depend on living in tribes. Tribalism did serve us well (believe it or not) back when resources for us were scarce, and diseases we could not fight could wipe out half of your tribe in a matter of months. We’ve had to be constantly vigilant and concerned about foreign tribes coming to take what’s ours, and when we did not have enough, we needed another tribe to blame (whether or not that tribe held any responsibility for the lack of resources) to go and take from them. Now that scarcity of resources is facing extinction (read Pinker’s Enlightenment Now), and now that disease is increasingly easier to combat, tribalism is more of an outdated software program built into us.

To say that only a certain group, even a group that’s a regional majority, is the only group guilty of racism is flat out wrong. To say that white privilege isn’t racist, or better said, that it isn’t that old software of blaming another tribe rearing it’s ugly head, is wrong. To say that Asians are only garnering success and outearning whites because we’re like obedient dogs to the whites and they gave us a treat, is honestly is flat out offensive as well as wrong. I see you on this thread talking about how you’re hard work is bringing you success despite the system going against you. When another race finds success, it’s because they idiotically made a deal with the devil, but not because of hard work...We’ll that’s quite a fucked up statement.

I can concede that some whites have a bit of advantage due to the previous generations garnering an abundance of resources, and some of that is through the exploitation of blacks. I can concede conversely to that, some blacks are at a disadvantage because of lack of resources. Here’s the problem with white privilege idea (outside of attributing characteristics because of a race). First off, it’s an incredibly simplistic statement and rational applied to an incredibly complex problem. You say that whites control a majority of the resources, well no duh, it’s a majority white country. That’s just how the law of averages is going to play out in a country that values freedom and making your own way. But, wealth only stays in families for 3 generations. So that “advantage” does not last forever. There’s a constant cycle of “old money” drying up, and new money blowing up, and that cycle is moving quicker than ever. Now Asians are out earning whites, and have been for the past 20 years, so is there Asian privilege? I wouldn’t say so, if anything there’s more clear and non abstract systemic disadvantage being Asian than any other race, since they are having to outperform all other races in things like college admissions. Is there a such thing as black privilege when they’re getting into Ivy League schools with much lower test scores and GPAs versus their Asian counterparts, all in the name of promotion of diversity? That’s actual systemic racism that can be quantified very accurately. Also, you’ve cited that Asians hold very little power in government, but they are still outperforming whites in earning. So Asians are double fucked since they don’t have the accumulated resources, and are far less represented in government, even compared to blacks. Yet, they are still finding more success than their “white privileged” counterparts. Looking at your original explanation of why that is, that Asians are being hand feed from the white table because of good behavior...that’d be more like Asians are being feed the ribeye steak, while whites are only getting the sirloin, even with their notable disadvantages versus whites who hold most of the resources, and having very little representation in the system. How do you explain this? You can’t say whites have a majority of the power and resources, and at the same time have a group that lacks the most represented power outperforming them by double digit percentiles, despite of a system being built by whites for whites in your estimation. Either white privelage is helping the Asian population get a leg up on the other races, including whites themselves, in the most important measurable category, earnings, or there’s other factors at play, and clearly they play a much bigger role than skin color.

You must have made an assumption somewhere along the line. I never said the only reason Asians out earn whites is due to being obedient dogs. I specifically stated that Asians out earn whites due to taking advantage of whites trying to portray them as the model minority. Thats not the only reason but I know for a fact thats the primary reason this occurs. Whites will hire a Asian over any other so called minority in most cases and sometimes even over another white person. I work in the IT field and have spoken to many Asians about this. Asians also have a secure knowledge of their history, philosophies and know exactly who they are so they are less affected by white racism. They can always fall back to their cultural beliefs so they have an incredibly stable foundation. All that being said lets look at recent African immigrants. Even though they have the same base (culturally and philosophically) to fall back upon, they suffer from racism way more than Asians do. Now when you throw in the fact that recent African immigrants are the most educated demographic in the US and then find out they suffer the same racism that Black Americans do you start to get the picture. There is a caste system for lack of a better word. Any one individual from any group can find success however, the lower you are on the totem pole the harder it is for you to find that success. Whites main enemy are Black people. That is who they fear the most. So in their system Blacks will be treated the worst. Asians are treated better than Blacks. Asians are not treated better than whites but Asians have a support system that makes it easier for them to rebound should they have any issues. Right now Asians are the model minority but that could change with the wind. East Indians may surpass you shortly and you will see what it is I am talking about.
No, I made no assumptions. You just reiterated that the primary reason for Asian success, success that you initially denied, is that we’re a “model minority”. Clearly implying that it’s a reward granted by whites for us bending the knee. It’s a fucked up statement, but the type of statement I expect from this ideology. That’s precisely what happens when you apply simplistic arguments and generalizations to complex situations, concerning an incredibly diverse group of people. I mean listen to yourself. What exactly constitutes a model minority? I’m eager to hear this explanation, because apparently we’re so in tune with our history and philosophies, but are willing to set them aside to become model minorities.

And how do those recent African American blacks compare to blacks that have been here for generations? Let’s take a look.

Black Immigrants in U.S. Earning 30% More than U.S. Born Blacks

So are black immigrants also acting as a “model minority”. Because they are apparentely the most hated enemy of whites but are still out earning their US born counterparts by a full 30 PERCENT. That’s a practical full 1/3 higher. That’s double what Asians out earning white Americans, and what Asians earn vs whites is statistically mind boggling itself.

You’re theory has some pretty huge holes in it that you are trying to cover up with racist statements and offensive over generalizations. You do it because your storyline feels good to you. We go back to the human nature of tribalism and the looking to another tribe to blame. That’s a VERY successful marketing strategy. In fact so successful that it drives people to commit unimaginable atrocities all throughout history. It what hitler used against the Jews, it’s what was used in Rawanda, it’s what terrorist use. Be honest with yourself and keep yourself in check, you are buying into theories that feel so good that they can be used to justify atrocities.

Yes you made assumptions. Like I said your status as model minority is always being used by whites claiming there is no such thing a racism. You know good and well that if whites treated Asians like they previously did they wouldnt be out earning whites. Not that many decades have passed where Asians were seen as heathens and prone to raping white women. If there is no such thing as Asians being seen as the model minority why do even Asians admit it? I actually gave Asians a compliment when referencing their ability to maintain under racism due to their never having been deprived of their history, philosophy etc. like american born Blacks were.

The real secret to Asian American success was not education

"For those who doubt that racial resentment lingers in this nation, Asian Americans are a favorite talking point. The argument goes something like this: If “white privilege” is so oppressive — if the United States is so hostile toward its minorities — why do census figures show that Asian Americans out-earn everyone?"

I dont know why posted that link comparing American Blacks and African immigrants.. It supports my argument. People that have a firm hold on their history, philosophy etc. can still find some success. Its silly to compare them to american born Blacks. Of course they will do better than american born Blacks because they still have their foundation. What you should do is compare them to Asians foreign born or american born and you will see that even though these Africans outperform every other demographic in education they are still discriminated against by whites.

African immigrants are more educated than most — including people born in U.S. - Los Angeles Times

America still is the land of opportunities for black immigrants—but not their kids

"Children of black immigrants are an interesting group. It seems their economic outcomes go one of two ways: They either out-perform their parents, continuing a rise through the economic ranks or they flounder and face the same economic challenges of native-born black Americans. The disparate performance of black immigrants’ children is unique. There is a distribution of outcomes, but on average, children of Asian immigrants out-earn everyone—including native-born whites (their idleness rates also converge to Asian natives but this rate is so low to begin with it’s unremarkable). Second generation Hispanic immigrants are nearly identical, in economic outcomes, to native-born Hispanics.

So why the disparity with blacks? Rauh observed that children of educated, black immigrants (ones who went to college) typically have higher rates of employment and earnings (my friend can rest easy). But parent education doesn’t explain everything. Rauh believes both discrimination and assimilation (subscribing to a culture of not working) also play a role in economic attainment. She measured their impact by looking at where the immigrant families lived and found that children of black immigrants who grow up in a more segregated area (which captures assimilation) or areas that have higher rates of discrimination are less likely to work."

In summary its clear Africans and Blacks face the brunt of discrimination in this country followed by Mexicans while whites claim there cant be any racism because Asians make more than they do.

Last edited:
Doesnt matter who it was about but if it was Kavanaugh I agree. I would still like to see both sides of the argument.

You felt they were superior to you? What does that have to do with anything and why did you feel they were superior to you? Not sure why you would feel hatred towards someone you admittedly felt were superior to you. The fact that you believed them to be superior seems to be an acceptance of the lower position you assigned yourself. If you accepted that you wouldnt feel hatred.

Hmmm... my post is about race and privilege. I felt they were superior musicians to me because they had grown up in a more "privileged" musical environment - meaning they had more people ready to support and nurture them musically, who "happened to be" black. But I never saw that privilege as coming from their color - it came from their culture.

So - the next logical step is to see that privilege in general is about culture - not color. And that is why "white privilege" is essentially a straw man argument. Race does not imbue privilege, but culture can.

Feel free to denigrate my "white culture music" of Catholic hymns instead of rockin' gospel songs, or Peter Paul & Mary instead of Miles Davis, But understand that I was brought up on that music because it was my culture, not because I was white, so I have no reason to conflate race with "musical privilege."
White privilege is about color. Thats why its called white privilege. Its handed out to whites no matter there culture. There is a reason the SCOTUS admits there is systemic racism. There is a reason retired police chiefs admit cops police Blacks differently out of fear. There is a reason whites created a system to keep Blacks from getting ahead. All these reasons add up to white privilege. Now you can claim this is not so but doing that only tells me you are in denial due to an insecurity complex. It must be extremely difficult for a white male to go through life not sure if his success is real or not. Or maybe white males simply dont care? Maybe they have zero shame they need a system rigged for their benefit?
Thats like saying Black guys make all the money in the NBA.

Thats only because Asians have used you white boys to their advantage. Once they were promoted to model minority status you fools started hiring them to prove a point to Blacks. However since I know alot of Asians they tell me they still have to put up with your white racist ways.

Well since you admit whites control everything why are you saying Asians are doing better than whites?
Asians are as racist as anyone else. Especially with other Asians, they can sound like characitures of rednecks portrayed on tv, just with a different accent. My worst encounter of racism, mocking with actual malicious intent, can from black people, on 2 separate occasions. I had another occasion that I don’t even classify as racism from a white lady, that was an honest mistake. I was at hibachi/sushi restaurant, in a black sweater and jeans, very similar to the staffs uniform, I was at the host stand waiting and she asked me the wait time. I laughed, because it was a funny and honest mistake that I could make, and said I didn’t work here. She was horrified and extremely apologetic. That’s not racism in my book.

And if that is your qualifications of privelage, being in governmental power, blacks are waaaaay ahead of Asians. We had a black president, that’s control of an entire branch of government, with dozens of major federal departments all answering to him. This is the First Nation to democratically elect a minority as president/prime minister. And he won both races comfortably. Think about that for a second. Not to mention, there’s a whole black caucus, and maybe a handful of Asian elected to office.
I know Asians can be racist. I had several Asians as girlfriends that couldnt stand white people. Not sure what that has to do with the point though? You said all of that but you still havent proven that Asians or Blacks or any other people of color control the resources and opportunities here in the US? Sorry but all thats controlled by whites. Hence white privilege.
My point is that racism is just an easier form of tribalism to fall into. Tribalism is inherent in human nature, it is something that we have evolved with. All because we are talking monkeys that depend on living in tribes. Tribalism did serve us well (believe it or not) back when resources for us were scarce, and diseases we could not fight could wipe out half of your tribe in a matter of months. We’ve had to be constantly vigilant and concerned about foreign tribes coming to take what’s ours, and when we did not have enough, we needed another tribe to blame (whether or not that tribe held any responsibility for the lack of resources) to go and take from them. Now that scarcity of resources is facing extinction (read Pinker’s Enlightenment Now), and now that disease is increasingly easier to combat, tribalism is more of an outdated software program built into us.

To say that only a certain group, even a group that’s a regional majority, is the only group guilty of racism is flat out wrong. To say that white privilege isn’t racist, or better said, that it isn’t that old software of blaming another tribe rearing it’s ugly head, is wrong. To say that Asians are only garnering success and outearning whites because we’re like obedient dogs to the whites and they gave us a treat, is honestly is flat out offensive as well as wrong. I see you on this thread talking about how you’re hard work is bringing you success despite the system going against you. When another race finds success, it’s because they idiotically made a deal with the devil, but not because of hard work...We’ll that’s quite a fucked up statement.

I can concede that some whites have a bit of advantage due to the previous generations garnering an abundance of resources, and some of that is through the exploitation of blacks. I can concede conversely to that, some blacks are at a disadvantage because of lack of resources. Here’s the problem with white privilege idea (outside of attributing characteristics because of a race). First off, it’s an incredibly simplistic statement and rational applied to an incredibly complex problem. You say that whites control a majority of the resources, well no duh, it’s a majority white country. That’s just how the law of averages is going to play out in a country that values freedom and making your own way. But, wealth only stays in families for 3 generations. So that “advantage” does not last forever. There’s a constant cycle of “old money” drying up, and new money blowing up, and that cycle is moving quicker than ever. Now Asians are out earning whites, and have been for the past 20 years, so is there Asian privilege? I wouldn’t say so, if anything there’s more clear and non abstract systemic disadvantage being Asian than any other race, since they are having to outperform all other races in things like college admissions. Is there a such thing as black privilege when they’re getting into Ivy League schools with much lower test scores and GPAs versus their Asian counterparts, all in the name of promotion of diversity? That’s actual systemic racism that can be quantified very accurately. Also, you’ve cited that Asians hold very little power in government, but they are still outperforming whites in earning. So Asians are double fucked since they don’t have the accumulated resources, and are far less represented in government, even compared to blacks. Yet, they are still finding more success than their “white privileged” counterparts. Looking at your original explanation of why that is, that Asians are being hand feed from the white table because of good behavior...that’d be more like Asians are being feed the ribeye steak, while whites are only getting the sirloin, even with their notable disadvantages versus whites who hold most of the resources, and having very little representation in the system. How do you explain this? You can’t say whites have a majority of the power and resources, and at the same time have a group that lacks the most represented power outperforming them by double digit percentiles, despite of a system being built by whites for whites in your estimation. Either white privelage is helping the Asian population get a leg up on the other races, including whites themselves, in the most important measurable category, earnings, or there’s other factors at play, and clearly they play a much bigger role than skin color.

You must have made an assumption somewhere along the line. I never said the only reason Asians out earn whites is due to being obedient dogs. I specifically stated that Asians out earn whites due to taking advantage of whites trying to portray them as the model minority. Thats not the only reason but I know for a fact thats the primary reason this occurs. Whites will hire a Asian over any other so called minority in most cases and sometimes even over another white person. I work in the IT field and have spoken to many Asians about this. Asians also have a secure knowledge of their history, philosophies and know exactly who they are so they are less affected by white racism. They can always fall back to their cultural beliefs so they have an incredibly stable foundation. All that being said lets look at recent African immigrants. Even though they have the same base (culturally and philosophically) to fall back upon, they suffer from racism way more than Asians do. Now when you throw in the fact that recent African immigrants are the most educated demographic in the US and then find out they suffer the same racism that Black Americans do you start to get the picture. There is a caste system for lack of a better word. Any one individual from any group can find success however, the lower you are on the totem pole the harder it is for you to find that success. Whites main enemy are Black people. That is who they fear the most. So in their system Blacks will be treated the worst. Asians are treated better than Blacks. Asians are not treated better than whites but Asians have a support system that makes it easier for them to rebound should they have any issues. Right now Asians are the model minority but that could change with the wind. East Indians may surpass you shortly and you will see what it is I am talking about.
No, I made no assumptions. You just reiterated that the primary reason for Asian success, success that you initially denied, is that we’re a “model minority”. Clearly implying that it’s a reward granted by whites for us bending the knee. It’s a fucked up statement, but the type of statement I expect from this ideology. That’s precisely what happens when you apply simplistic arguments and generalizations to complex situations, concerning an incredibly diverse group of people. I mean listen to yourself. What exactly constitutes a model minority? I’m eager to hear this explanation, because apparently we’re so in tune with our history and philosophies, but are willing to set them aside to become model minorities.

And how do those recent African American blacks compare to blacks that have been here for generations? Let’s take a look.

So are black immigrants also acting as a “model minority”. Because they are apparentely the most hated enemy of whites but are still out earning their US born counterparts by a full 30 PERCENT. That’s a practical full 1/3 higher. That’s double what Asians out earning white Americans, and what Asians earn vs whites is statistically mind boggling itself.

You’re theory has some pretty huge holes in it that you are trying to cover up with racist statements and offensive over generalizations. You do it because your storyline feels good to you. We go back to the human nature of tribalism and the looking to another tribe to blame. That’s a VERY successful marketing strategy. In fact so successful that it drives people to commit unimaginable atrocities all throughout history. It what hitler used against the Jews, it’s what was used in Rawanda, it’s what terrorist use. Be honest with yourself and keep yourself in check, you are buying into theories that feel so good that they can be used to justify atrocities.

Yes you made assumptions. Like I said your status as model minority is always being used by whites claiming there is no such thing a racism. You know good and well that if whites treated Asians like they previously did they wouldnt be out earning whites. Not that many decades have passed where Asians were seen as heathens and prone to raping white women. If there is no such thing as Asians being seen as the model minority why do even Asians admit it? I actually gave Asians a compliment when referencing their ability to maintain under racism due to their never having been deprived of their history, philosophy etc. like american born Blacks were.

I dont know why posted that link comparing American Blacks and African immigrants.. It supports my argument. People that have a firm hold on their history, philosophy etc. can still find some success. Its silly to compare them to american born Blacks. Of course they will do better than american born Blacks because they still have their foundation. What you should do is compare them to Asians foreign born or american born and you will see that even though these Africans outperform every other demographic in education they are still discriminated against by whites.

http://www.latimes.com/world/africa/la-fg-global-african-immigrants-explainer-20180112-story.html

African immigrants are more educated than most — including people born in U.S. - Los Angeles Times
Do you read your own articles, and do you understand what they’re saying. Ignore the confirmation bias and look at the actual stats. Not the correlation=causation claims, whic are always bunk. A concentration on education for future success does NOT attain success instantly. If you come over as a migrant, get into cheap labor to get by, have kids, encourage their educational advances, that takes AT LEAST 30 years for that emphasis on education to bear fruit. Suprise surprise, that just so happens to align with exactly what the article stats are actually saying. Of course uneducated Asian immigrants coming over 50-60 years ago going into unskilled labor are going to get wages that reflect that. Once the next gen starts coming up, the stats start to show that vualah, they start closing the wage gap with whites. Who woulda thunk. A no duh that when they got here they got payed less than whites for unskilled labor...that’s exactly what happenes when migrants come from improvrished countries and are over the moon about making 30% less than what American born citizens usually would demand, because it’s vastly more than what they were making before. We see that today with migrants south of the boarder, we’ve seen that all throughout history with the different waves of European immigrants. Even in the 80s with the push to get highly educated immigrants to come over the J waiver programs we actually saw that drive down the wages of white PhD earners, because they were willing to do the same work for much less (since it was so much more than what they were making).

What Asians admit they’re a model minority, what does that even mean? Again, go ahead and define that. Hard work? Emphasis on education? You’re theory is falling apart into that there’s this hush hush conspiracy among whites to keep blacks down, but not black immigrants as much, just US born blacks, but also cut off their nose to spite their face and give Asians more money to stick it to blacky, because Asians act better...but they hate US born blacks that much so it’s worth it. WTAF are you talking about? This is your theory. And what does history and philosophies have to do with anything. Our histories are so incredibly diverse, and as fucked up as any other history out there. What about imperial japan is helping me today? The raping of nam-king? Do I somehow have the way of the samurai engrained in me even though I know zero about it? Is the terrible Indian cast system carrying over for Indian immigrants to their success? Are the principles of Maoist China helping the Chinese kick ass in the US?

Why is it racist whites just hate black immigrants less than us born immigrants? Your theory is nonsense. It just feels good to you. It’s simplisitic, appeals to justifying jealousy based off of racism, and allows you to not have to do a complex dive into the complicated and diverse stats.

Do you read your own articles, and do you understand what they’re saying. Ignore the confirmation bias and look at the actual stats. Not the correlation=causation claims, whic are always bunk. A concentration on education for future success does NOT attain success instantly. If you come over as a migrant, get into cheap labor to get by, have kids, encourage their educational advances, that takes AT LEAST 30 years for that emphasis on education to bear fruit. Suprise surprise, that just so happens to align with exactly what the article stats are actually saying. Of course uneducated Asian immigrants coming over 50-60 years ago going into unskilled labor are going to get wages that reflect that. Once the next gen starts coming up, the stats start to show that vualah, they start closing the wage gap with whites. Who woulda thunk. A no duh that when they got here they got payed less than whites for unskilled labor...that’s exactly what happenes when migrants come from improvrished countries and are over the moon about making 30% less than what American born citizens usually would demand, because it’s vastly more than what they were making before. We see that today with migrants south of the boarder, we’ve seen that all throughout history with the different waves of European immigrants. Even in the 80s with the push to get highly educated immigrants to come over the J waiver programs we actually saw that drive down the wages of white PhD earners, because they were willing to do the same work for much less (since it was so much more than what they were making).

What Asians admit they’re a model minority, what does that even mean? Again, go ahead and define that. Hard work? Emphasis on education? You’re theory is falling apart into that there’s this hush hush conspiracy among whites to keep blacks down, but not black immigrants as much, just US born blacks, but also cut off their nose to spite their face and give Asians more money to stick it to blacky, because Asians act better...but they hate US born blacks that much so it’s worth it. WTAF are you talking about? This is your theory. And what does history and philosophies have to do with anything. Our histories are so incredibly diverse, and as fucked up as any other history out there. What about imperial japan is helping me today? The raping of nam-king? Do I somehow have the way of the samurai engrained in me even though I know zero about it? Is the terrible Indian cast system carrying over for Indian immigrants to their success? Are the principles of Maoist China helping the Chinese kick ass in the US?

Why is it racist whites just hate black immigrants less than us born immigrants? Your theory is nonsense. It just feels good to you. It’s simplisitic, appeals to justifying jealousy based off of racism, and allows you to not have to do a complex dive into the complicated and diverse stats.

Yes I read those articles, which is why I posted them. They all say exactly what I have been explaining to you. You can pretend it doesnt say that in which case I will leave you to your denial but it really doesnt change the facts. You want me to explain to you the concept of the model minority? A little history first. Prior to the Civil Rights Movement Asians were thought of as heathens. They were called gooks, zipper heads and all sorts of nasty little names. When Blacks stepped up and started demanding civil rights all of a sudden Asians were used as an example of the model minority. What this meant was here was a population of people that had built something even in the supposed racism of the US. They didnt complain. They didnt agitate. They just put their heads down and allowed whites to do or say whatever without complaining. How could racism exist if Asians were successful? This is where the term model minority was first used.

It looks like youve been triggered or you cant read. I already pointed out that the discrimination from whites is no different between Black americans and Africans. The only difference is how the two groups handle the discrimination. African immigrants have a foundation of strength and knowledge of their history. They havent been brainwashed from birth that they are inferior. Therefore they have more success than Black americans. They dont quit because of discrimination. This is really the only thing hold Black americans back from being more successful even under this racist system employed by whites.

I would strongly suggest that you drop your senseless argument before it gets butchered.

We Will Not Be Used: Are Asian-Americans the Racial Bourgeoisie?
By Mari J. Matsuda *(excerpts/link)

This is from Matsuda’s Where Is Your Body? And Other Essays on Race, Gender, and the Law. It’s based on an address she gave to the Asian Law Caucus 26 years ago in April 1990 and was first published in February 1993.

It is a special honor to address supporters of the Asian Law Caucus. Here, before this audience, I am willing to speak in the tradition of our women warriors, to go beyond the platitudes of fundraiser formalism, and to talk of something that’s been bothering me and that I need your help on. I want to speak of my fear that Asian-Americans are in danger of becoming the racial bourgeoisie, and of my resolve to resist that path.

If white, historically, is the top of the racial hierarchy in America, and black, historically, is the bottom, will yellow assume the place of the racial middle? The role of the racial middle is a critical one. It can reinforce white supremacy if the middle deludes itself into thinking it can be just like white if it tries hard enough. Conversely, the middle can dismantle white supremacy if it refuses to be the middle, if it refuses to buy into racial hierarchy, if it refuses to abandon communities of Black and Brown people, choosing instead to form alliances with them.

The theme of the unconventional fundraiser talk you are listening to is, “we will not be used.” It is a plea to Asian-Americans to think about the ways in which our communities are particularly susceptible to playing the worst version of the racial bourgeoisie role.

More.

When Asian-Americans manage to do well, their success is used against others. Internally, it is used to erase the continuing poverty and social dislocation within Asian-American communities. The media is full of stories of Asian-American whiz kids. Their successes are used to erase our problems and to disavow any responsibility for them. The dominant culture doesn’t know about drug abuse in our communities, about our high school dropouts, our AIDS victims.

Suggestions that some segments of the Asian-American community need special help are greeted with suspicion and disbelief. External to our communities, our successes are used to deny racism and to put down other groups. African-Americans and Latinos and poor whites are told, “look at those Asians — anyone can make it in this country if they really try.” The cruelty of telling this to crack babies, to workers displaced by runaway shops, and to families waiting in line at homeless shelters, is not something I want associated with my genealogy.

More.

Nor should we be used to deny employment or educational opportunities to others. A recent exchange of editorials and letters in the Asian-American press reveals confusion over affirmative action. Racist anti-Asian quotas at the universities can give quotas a bad name in our community. At the same time, quotas have been the only way we’ve been able to walk through the door of persistently discriminatory institutions like the San Francisco fire department.

We need affirmative action because there are still employers who see an Asian face and see a person unfit for a leadership position. In every field where we have attained a measure of success, we are underrepresented in the real power positions. And yet, we are in danger of being manipulated into opposing affirmative action by those who say affirmative action hurts Asian-Americans.

More.

Another classic way to use the racial bourgeoisie is as America’s punching bag. There is a lot of rage in this country, and for good reason. Our economy is in shambles. Persistent unemployment is creating new ghost towns, new soup kitchens, from coast to coast. The symptoms of decay — the drugs, the homelessness, the violence — are everywhere. From out of this decay comes a rage looking for a scapegoat, and a traditional American scapegoat is the oriental menace. From the Workingman’s Party that organized white laborers around an anti-Chinese campaign in California in 1877, to the World War II internment fueled by resentment of the success of issei farmers, to the murder of Vincent Chin, to the terrorizing of Korean merchants in ghetto communities today, there is an unbroken line of poor and working Americans turning their anger and frustration into hatred of Asian-Americans.

Mari J. Matsuda is an American lawyer, activist, and law professor at the William S. Richardson School of Law at the University of Hawaii. Prior to her return to Hawaii, Matsuda was a professor at the UCLA School of Law and Georgetown University Law Center, specializing in the fields of torts, constitutional law, legal history, feminist theory, critical race theory, and civil rights law.

If you are japanese your family got reparations. You asians are not doing all that well. 1 Indian makes 100,000 and the next 3 Asians from Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam, make 100,000 combined, so the Asian income averages $50,000 per year. And idiots like you fall for the white propagada.. And I can back this up. You need to recognize what is going on instead of being a mindless sellout. You are being used by whites.

Fortunately for you, there are Asians out their fighting.

I would strongly suggest that you drop your senseless argument before it gets butchered.

This is from Matsuda’s Where Is Your Body? And Other Essays on Race, Gender, and the Law. It’s based on an address she gave to the Asian Law Caucus 26 years ago in April 1990 and was first published in February 1993.

It is a special honor to address supporters of the Asian Law Caucus. Here, before this audience, I am willing to speak in the tradition of our women warriors, to go beyond the platitudes of fundraiser formalism, and to talk of something that’s been bothering me and that I need your help on. I want to speak of my fear that Asian-Americans are in danger of becoming the racial bourgeoisie, and of my resolve to resist that path.

If white, historically, is the top of the racial hierarchy in America, and black, historically, is the bottom, will yellow assume the place of the racial middle? The role of the racial middle is a critical one. It can reinforce white supremacy if the middle deludes itself into thinking it can be just like white if it tries hard enough. Conversely, the middle can dismantle white supremacy if it refuses to be the middle, if it refuses to buy into racial hierarchy, if it refuses to abandon communities of Black and Brown people, choosing instead to form alliances with them.

The theme of the unconventional fundraiser talk you are listening to is, “we will not be used.” It is a plea to Asian-Americans to think about the ways in which our communities are particularly susceptible to playing the worst version of the racial bourgeoisie role.

More.

When Asian-Americans manage to do well, their success is used against others. Internally, it is used to erase the continuing poverty and social dislocation within Asian-American communities. The media is full of stories of Asian-American whiz kids. Their successes are used to erase our problems and to disavow any responsibility for them. The dominant culture doesn’t know about drug abuse in our communities, about our high school dropouts, our AIDS victims.

Suggestions that some segments of the Asian-American community need special help are greeted with suspicion and disbelief. External to our communities, our successes are used to deny racism and to put down other groups. African-Americans and Latinos and poor whites are told, “look at those Asians — anyone can make it in this country if they really try.” The cruelty of telling this to crack babies, to workers displaced by runaway shops, and to families waiting in line at homeless shelters, is not something I want associated with my genealogy.

More.

Nor should we be used to deny employment or educational opportunities to others. A recent exchange of editorials and letters in the Asian-American press reveals confusion over affirmative action. Racist anti-Asian quotas at the universities can give quotas a bad name in our community. At the same time, quotas have been the only way we’ve been able to walk through the door of persistently discriminatory institutions like the San Francisco fire department.

We need affirmative action because there are still employers who see an Asian face and see a person unfit for a leadership position. In every field where we have attained a measure of success, we are underrepresented in the real power positions. And yet, we are in danger of being manipulated into opposing affirmative action by those who say affirmative action hurts Asian-Americans.

More.

Another classic way to use the racial bourgeoisie is as America’s punching bag. There is a lot of rage in this country, and for good reason. Our economy is in shambles. Persistent unemployment is creating new ghost towns, new soup kitchens, from coast to coast. The symptoms of decay — the drugs, the homelessness, the violence — are everywhere. From out of this decay comes a rage looking for a scapegoat, and a traditional American scapegoat is the oriental menace. From the Workingman’s Party that organized white laborers around an anti-Chinese campaign in California in 1877, to the World War II internment fueled by resentment of the success of issei farmers, to the murder of Vincent Chin, to the terrorizing of Korean merchants in ghetto communities today, there is an unbroken line of poor and working Americans turning their anger and frustration into hatred of Asian-Americans.

Mari J. Matsuda is an American lawyer, activist, and law professor at the William S. Richardson School of Law at the University of Hawaii. Prior to her return to Hawaii, Matsuda was a professor at the UCLA School of Law and Georgetown University Law Center, specializing in the fields of torts, constitutional law, legal history, feminist theory, critical race theory, and civil rights law.

If you are japanese your family got reparations. You asians are not doing all that well. 1 Indian makes 100,000 and the next 3 Asians from Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam, make 100,000 combined, so the Asian income averages $50,000 per year. And idiots like you fall for the white propagada.. And I can back this up. You need to recognize what is going on instead of being a mindless sellout. You are being used by whites.

Isnt it amazing so many other Asians know about the term “model minority” but SAKINAGO has never heard of it?

The Forgotten Zine of 1960s Asian-American Radicals

"And yet Asian-Americans remain among the country’s most underrepresented and misunderstood: they are still mocked on national television; directors still cast white faces in films portraying their stories; the “model minority” myth still haunts and hurts them."

More.

More.

More.

Isnt it amazing so many other Asians know about the term “model minority” but SAKINAGO has never heard of it?

"And yet Asian-Americans remain among the country’s most underrepresented and misunderstood: they are still mocked on national television; directors still cast white faces in films portraying their stories; the “model minority” myth still haunts and hurts them."

He knew what it was. He just lied.

More.

More.

More.

Right...I’m so hurt by being a “model minority”. I just keep having to bend the knee for whitey, I hate it but I just can’t help myself because I’m Asian. It’s in my nature I suppose. NO I NEVER HEARD OF A MODEL MINORITY, because it’s a ridiculous made up term to try to explain away why Asians don’t seem all that effected by white racism. In this game of oppression olympics, Asians deserve the gold. We are severely under represented in government, even compared to blacks, don’t even clearly see the white privilege holding us back, have actual systemic racism going against us in Ivy League school admissions, and we’re still killing it. I guess that samurai spirit is just too strong in all of us, even though a tiny portion of us are actually Japanese...but that doesn’t matter, we all come from incredibly diverse histories, belief systems, and culture, but it’s our skin color that truly matters and drives us to be model minorities for the whites.

More.

More.

More.

Right...I’m so hurt by being a “model minority”. I just keep having to bend the knee for whitey, I hate it but I just can’t help myself because I’m Asian. It’s in my nature I suppose. NO I NEVER HEARD OF A MODEL MINORITY, because it’s a ridiculous made up term to try to explain away why Asians don’t seem all that effected by white racism. In this game of oppression olympics, Asians deserve the gold. We are severely under represented in government, even compared to blacks, don’t even clearly see the white privilege holding us back, have actual systemic racism going against us in Ivy League school admissions, and we’re still killing it. I guess that samurai spirit is just too strong in all of us, even though a tiny portion of us are actually Japanese...but that doesn’t matter, we all come from incredibly diverse histories, belief systems, and culture, but it’s our skin color that truly matters and drives us to be model minorities for the whites.

Dude stop being triggered. I am not your enemy. You need to talk to your elders so they can explain it to you.

“For a Samurai to be brave, he must have a bit of Black blood.”
— Japanese Proverb

More.

More.

More.

Dude stop being triggered. I am not your enemy. You need to talk to your elders so they can explain it to you.

— Japanese Proverb
Since that line was written by a black man, who cares? He sounds stupid and racist, just like you.

More.

More.

More.

— Japanese Proverb
Since that line was written by a black man, who cares? He sounds stupid and racist, just like you.
Everyone thats important cares. You wouldnt care because you are a lice bitten white boy thats unimportant. :rolleyes:

You didnt post a link to your "sincere" post. I want to see both sides of the story. I say this because you whites tend to not be aware of what white privilege is.
Most get the gist, and most recognize it for what it really is...attributing certain traits and characteristics to someone based on nothing else besides their immutable characteristics...in other words “the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races”, this also happens to be the definition of racism.

If whites are so privileged, then why is it Asians are leaving the whites in this country in the dust? Is there Asian privelage? If not, what sort of factors lead to the overall success of the Asian population in the US? Are those factors attributable to any other races overall success or failures in the US. If so, to what degree?
Nope. White privilege has nothing to do with traits and characteristics. White privilege is the result of whites having set up a racist system that benefits whites while providing obstacles for other races.

Asians arent leaving whites in the dust. Show me where Asians control anything in the US? Whites own the vast majority of the resources and opportunities in this country.
Which obstacles are whites providing now? Money and power own the resources. If you are either you have the opportunity to do the same, what is stopping you?

You didnt post a link to your "sincere" post. I want to see both sides of the story. I say this because you whites tend to not be aware of what white privilege is.
Most get the gist, and most recognize it for what it really is...attributing certain traits and characteristics to someone based on nothing else besides their immutable characteristics...in other words “the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races”, this also happens to be the definition of racism.

If whites are so privileged, then why is it Asians are leaving the whites in this country in the dust? Is there Asian privelage? If not, what sort of factors lead to the overall success of the Asian population in the US? Are those factors attributable to any other races overall success or failures in the US. If so, to what degree?
Nope. White privilege has nothing to do with traits and characteristics. White privilege is the result of whites having set up a racist system that benefits whites while providing obstacles for other races.

Asians arent leaving whites in the dust. Show me where Asians control anything in the US? Whites own the vast majority of the resources and opportunities in this country.
Which obstacles are whites providing now? Money and power own the resources. If you are either you have the opportunity to do the same, what is stopping you?
Whites support the racism that the SCOTUS admits is systemic. We know because you keep denying it exists.
Whats stopping me? I dont own the system or the resources and opportunities that are owned by the system. If I did you can bet I would set some shit straight.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Whites support the racism that the SCOTUS admits is systemic. We know because you keep denying it exists.
Whats stopping me? I dont own the system or the resources and opportunities that are owned by the system. If I did you can bet I would set some shit straight.
Well I don't own it either. I don't doubt racism exists, but I do doubt it is systemic nowadays.

Well I don't own it either. I don't doubt racism exists, but I do doubt it is systemic nowadays.
You do own it. Youre white and as such you are part of the system. Doesnt matter what you doubt. Youve been told by Blacks its systemic as well as the SCOTUS.

You do own it. Youre white and as such you are part of the system. Doesnt matter what you doubt. Youve been told by Blacks its systemic as well as the SCOTUS.
Being told by blacks doesn't make it so. Since I have no power or control, just being white does not make me part of the system. You and other black posters on here look for excuses to blame whites. You say you became successful, as well as other blacks, so the system must be working for you.

Being told by blacks doesn't make it so. Since I have no power or control, just being white does not make me part of the system. You and other black posters on here look for excuses to blame whites. You say you became successful, as well as other blacks, so the system must be working for you.
Of course being told by Blacks makes it so. We are the ones that have to constantly put up with your racist shit on a daily basis. We would know better than anyone. Being white makes you part of the system. Denying that it exists makes you an accomplice to racism. I never for look excuses. Excuses are for weak people. I research and teach others the reasons that whites are to blame. Once you understand the reasons for your problems you can then device a method to correct the problem. Once you start correcting your problems (because you now understand the reasons) you elevate yourself to the point where you are thriving instead of just surviving. The very thing that made me successful in spite of white racism doing its best to work against me is the thing you have a problem with me voicing to other Blacks. You actually want me to make excuses and not investigate reasons so I will just lay on my ass and whine with no action. Thats not going to happen because I am built from tremendously strong stock. I hate to break it to you but white people are not my concern. My concerns, sympathies, allegiance, and objectives are for and with Black people. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Of course being told by Blacks makes it so. We are the ones that have to constantly put up with your racist shit on a daily basis. We would know better than anyone. Being white makes you part of the system. Denying that it exists makes you an accomplice to racism. I never for look excuses. Excuses are for weak people. I research and teach others the reasons that whites are to blame. Once you understand the reasons for your problems you can then device a method to correct the problem. Once you start correcting your problems (because you now understand the reasons) you elevate yourself to the point where you are thriving instead of just surviving. The very thing that made me successful in spite of white racism doing its best to work against me is the thing you have a problem with me voicing to other Blacks. You actually want me to make excuses and not investigate reasons so I will just lay on my ass and whine with no action. I hate to break it to you but white people are not my concern. My concerns, sympathies, allegiance, and objectives are for and with Black people. :rolleyes:

Which makes you a racist.

Of course being told by Blacks makes it so. We are the ones that have to constantly put up with your racist shit on a daily basis. We would know better than anyone. Being white makes you part of the system. Denying that it exists makes you an accomplice to racism. I never for look excuses. Excuses are for weak people. I research and teach others the reasons that whites are to blame. Once you understand the reasons for your problems you can then device a method to correct the problem. Once you start correcting your problems (because you now understand the reasons) you elevate yourself to the point where you are thriving instead of just surviving. The very thing that made me successful in spite of white racism doing its best to work against me is the thing you have a problem with me voicing to other Blacks. You actually want me to make excuses and not investigate reasons so I will just lay on my ass and whine with no action. I hate to break it to you but white people are not my concern. My concerns, sympathies, allegiance, and objectives are for and with Black people. :rolleyes:

Which makes you a racist.
Funny how white people call you racist because you dont peacefully resist their racism. :laugh:

Of course being told by Blacks makes it so. We are the ones that have to constantly put up with your racist shit on a daily basis. We would know better than anyone. Being white makes you part of the system. Denying that it exists makes you an accomplice to racism. I never for look excuses. Excuses are for weak people. I research and teach others the reasons that whites are to blame. Once you understand the reasons for your problems you can then device a method to correct the problem. Once you start correcting your problems (because you now understand the reasons) you elevate yourself to the point where you are thriving instead of just surviving. The very thing that made me successful in spite of white racism doing its best to work against me is the thing you have a problem with me voicing to other Blacks. You actually want me to make excuses and not investigate reasons so I will just lay on my ass and whine with no action. Thats not going to happen because I am built from tremendously strong stock. I hate to break it to you but white people are not my concern. My concerns, sympathies, allegiance, and objectives are for and with Black people. :rolleyes:
Being white does not make me part of the system nor racist.You chose to believe this, which is pathetic and untrue, it just adds to your hatred and gives you another excuse to hate or dislike whites, even the ones who do no harm to anyone. What a pity.

Forum List

Back