White Privilege?

I wonder if it upsets minorities that we never even think about race anymore. When I hear someone whining about "whitelash" or "slavery" or calling someone "racist" it simply doesn't register. Like WTF are they whining about?? White privilege? Is that like "tokenism" or "diversity" or "affirmative action" where races have different scores to pass?

I completely agree - being 64 I feel as if the entire racism topic was so fully and perfectly addressed by Martin Luther King, Jr., Nelson Mandela and others. We lived through the marches, legal decisions and the horrible assassination of MLK. The level of acceptance for our black brethren by the end of that era felt complete. Cosby had the #1 TV show, we worshipped Eddie Murphy, etc. MIles Davis and Jimi Hendrix were untouchable geniuses.

The whole return of racism as a controversy - especially accusations made towards ME solely because I am white just feels ridiculous to me. I just wish the people who keep trotting out the phrase "White Privilege" understood how offensively biased and racist that sounds to me - and my question is "what did I ever do to you?" - except grow up white.

You know - almost anyone can come up with some kind of ism. We are all different. But to use it non-stop as a retort or defense is just not going to work forever. There has to be a culmination at some point.

You didnt post a link to your "sincere" post. I want to see both sides of the story. I say this because you whites tend to not be aware of what white privilege is.
I am aware and proud of my white privilege. I will fight to the death to keep it.

:laughing0301:

Viva le White Privilege!!!

:banana:

You didnt post a link to your "sincere" post. I want to see both sides of the story. I say this because you whites tend to not be aware of what white privilege is.
Most get the gist, and most recognize it for what it really is...attributing certain traits and characteristics to someone based on nothing else besides their immutable characteristics...in other words “the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races”, this also happens to be the definition of racism.

If whites are so privileged, then why is it Asians are leaving the whites in this country in the dust? Is there Asian privelage? If not, what sort of factors lead to the overall success of the Asian population in the US? Are those factors attributable to any other races overall success or failures in the US. If so, to what degree?
Nope. White privilege has nothing to do with traits and characteristics. White privilege is the result of whites having set up a racist system that benefits whites while providing obstacles for other races.

Asians arent leaving whites in the dust. Show me where Asians control anything in the US? Whites own the vast majority of the resources and opportunities in this country.
“As of 2010, 14,011,000 Asians of all ethnicities were living in America.[24] Asian Americans are the only minority in the United States whose median income is higher than whites, assuming Pacific Islanders are not counted as a separate race. In 2009, the median income for Asian males was $37,330, compared to the median income for non-Hispanic white males of $36,785.[15] In 2015, Asian American men were the highest earning racial group at $24/hour. Asian American men earned 117% as much as white American men ($21/hour) and have been out earning their white Americans counterparts since about 2000. Similarly, in 2015 Asian American women earned 106% as much as white American women.[25]

So, are Asians outperforming whites because of white privelage, or despite of white privelage? Why doesn’t white privelage apply to us?

And if privelage is not a trait or characteristic, what is it? If there is group privelage, is there group responsibility? Is there group guilt? Is group condemnation permissible? Does white privelage exist in non-white cultures universally? If not, does a different type of privilege take its place?

White privileged wasnt earned. You just had more guns and carried diseases that wiped out native populations. Thats more like luck.
As we college football fans have come to accept, it is often better to be lucky than good.
:lol:

Would you like to borrow my privilege for a few days? It's really nice.

:banana:

I just had someone answer a sincere post I made with a snarky reference to "oh poor guy - poster boy for 'white privilege'."

I just want to say this to the people who use this phrase "white privilege."

1) It is just a racist as anything you might claim white people have ever thought or said.

2) This is not pre-Civil War 1850 - the vast majority of white people are NOT racist at all. This has been the persistent lie and insult towards white people ever since "racism" was cited as the primary reason why conservatives opposed Obama. We opposed him because he had the most liberal voting record in the entire Senate when he was elected, but not at all because he is black.

So - this whole manufactured, straw-man argument that white people are racist and knowingly enjoy our "white privilege" with our "dog whistles" and secret handshakes is frankly bogus and baseless. It make you look paranoid, self-pitying and reactionary. It will come back to bite you as reverse racism (meaning racism is equal in both directions, you are not exempt from being racist just because you are not white).

So, I am not giving you advice, I am just saying that in my opinion it is a losing position, and if that is where you choose to go - alienating half the US population with hateful rhetoric - best of luck. You're a racist, and to say you decry racism by calling other people racist solely because of their color is juvenile.

"I'm rubber, you're glue"
To deny white privilege is to deny our US culture.
There are many characteristics that give privilege in the USA but being white is one of them.
Others are:
Having a good education
Being good looking
Being a good athlete
Having a lot of money
On and On

Some things that give you privilege, you must earn others you do not. You are born white, you do not earn it.

Most get the gist, and most recognize it for what it really is...attributing certain traits and characteristics to someone based on nothing else besides their immutable characteristics...in other words “the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races”, this also happens to be the definition of racism.

If whites are so privileged, then why is it Asians are leaving the whites in this country in the dust? Is there Asian privelage? If not, what sort of factors lead to the overall success of the Asian population in the US? Are those factors attributable to any other races overall success or failures in the US. If so, to what degree?
Nope. White privilege has nothing to do with traits and characteristics. White privilege is the result of whites having set up a racist system that benefits whites while providing obstacles for other races.

Asians arent leaving whites in the dust. Show me where Asians control anything in the US? Whites own the vast majority of the resources and opportunities in this country.

Asians still do better than whites.

Why the hell should they control anything? They are less than a minority. Whites don't control anything in Japan so what the hell is the issue?

Japanese country = Good
African country = Good

White country = OMFG!
Do better at what? They dont run any government branch. They dont own most of the wealth either.

I'm not the one that made the claim. I'm just denying that Asian are doing better.

They earn higher incomes.

God forbid are government branches are controlled by white people in a white country. HOW CAN IT BE!??? RACIST!!!!
Thats like saying Black guys make all the money in the NBA.

Thats only because Asians have used you white boys to their advantage. Once they were promoted to model minority status you fools started hiring them to prove a point to Blacks. However since I know alot of Asians they tell me they still have to put up with your white racist ways.

Well since you admit whites control everything why are you saying Asians are doing better than whites?
Asians are as racist as anyone else. Especially with other Asians, they can sound like characitures of rednecks portrayed on tv, just with a different accent. My worst encounter of racism, mocking with actual malicious intent, can from black people, on 2 separate occasions. I had another occasion that I don’t even classify as racism from a white lady, that was an honest mistake. I was at hibachi/sushi restaurant, in a black sweater and jeans, very similar to the staffs uniform, I was at the host stand waiting and she asked me the wait time. I laughed, because it was a funny and honest mistake that I could make, and said I didn’t work here. She was horrified and extremely apologetic. That’s not racism in my book.

And if that is your qualifications of privelage, being in governmental power, blacks are waaaaay ahead of Asians. We had a black president, that’s control of an entire branch of government, with dozens of major federal departments all answering to him. This is the First Nation to democratically elect a minority as president/prime minister. And he won both races comfortably. Think about that for a second. Not to mention, there’s a whole black caucus, and maybe a handful of Asian elected to office.

My post was about Kavanaugh - the respondent called him the "poster boy of white privilege."

I grew up around musicians - many of them wonderful African-American jazz and funk players. I always felt they were superior to me, but I never felt hatred towards them because they grew up in a far better musical environment than I did.
Doesnt matter who it was about but if it was Kavanaugh I agree. I would still like to see both sides of the argument.

You felt they were superior to you? What does that have to do with anything and why did you feel they were superior to you? Not sure why you would feel hatred towards someone you admittedly felt were superior to you. The fact that you believed them to be superior seems to be an acceptance of the lower position you assigned yourself. If you accepted that you wouldnt feel hatred.

Hmmm... my post is about race and privilege. I felt they were superior musicians to me because they had grown up in a more "privileged" musical environment - meaning they had more people ready to support and nurture them musically, who "happened to be" black. But I never saw that privilege as coming from their color - it came from their culture.

So - the next logical step is to see that privilege in general is about culture - not color. And that is why "white privilege" is essentially a straw man argument. Race does not imbue privilege, but culture can.

Feel free to denigrate my "white culture music" of Catholic hymns instead of rockin' gospel songs, or Peter Paul & Mary instead of Miles Davis, But understand that I was brought up on that music because it was my culture, not because I was white, so I have no reason to conflate race with "musical privilege."
White privilege is about color. Thats why its called white privilege. Its handed out to whites no matter there culture. There is a reason the SCOTUS admits there is systemic racism. There is a reason retired police chiefs admit cops police Blacks differently out of fear. There is a reason whites created a system to keep Blacks from getting ahead. All these reasons add up to white privilege. Now you can claim this is not so but doing that only tells me you are in denial due to an insecurity complex. It must be extremely difficult for a white male to go through life not sure if his success is real or not. Or maybe white males simply dont care? Maybe they have zero shame they need a system rigged for their benefit?

It only works until whites are done with using you as a token to deny white privilege and its never all encompassing. You can only get the privilege if you're white and grow up with a certain expectation of success because you're "a white man in america dammit".

That is so 1960s. Do you only watch "All in the Family" and "The Jeffersons," too?
Never watched All in the Family but I did watch the Jeffersons. Its 2018 and you have step and fetch its like Ben Carson, Herman Cain, etc etc that are examples of what I mean.

You claim to be successful. So who did you step and fetch it, for?
Who told you I ever did any step and fetch it routines? Lets be honest here. I would rather lose a job knocking a white boy out than play step and fetch it. :rolleyes:

Why the hell should they control anything? They are less than a minority. Whites don't control anything in Japan so what the hell is the issue?

Japanese country = Good
African country = Good

White country = OMFG!
Do better at what? They dont run any government branch. They dont own most of the wealth either.

I'm not the one that made the claim. I'm just denying that Asian are doing better.

God forbid are government branches are controlled by white people in a white country. HOW CAN IT BE!??? RACIST!!!!

Thats only because Asians have used you white boys to their advantage. Once they were promoted to model minority status you fools started hiring them to prove a point to Blacks. However since I know alot of Asians they tell me they still have to put up with your white racist ways.

Well since you admit whites control everything why are you saying Asians are doing better than whites?
Asians are as racist as anyone else. Especially with other Asians, they can sound like characitures of rednecks portrayed on tv, just with a different accent. My worst encounter of racism, mocking with actual malicious intent, can from black people, on 2 separate occasions. I had another occasion that I don’t even classify as racism from a white lady, that was an honest mistake. I was at hibachi/sushi restaurant, in a black sweater and jeans, very similar to the staffs uniform, I was at the host stand waiting and she asked me the wait time. I laughed, because it was a funny and honest mistake that I could make, and said I didn’t work here. She was horrified and extremely apologetic. That’s not racism in my book.

And if that is your qualifications of privelage, being in governmental power, blacks are waaaaay ahead of Asians. We had a black president, that’s control of an entire branch of government, with dozens of major federal departments all answering to him. This is the First Nation to democratically elect a minority as president/prime minister. And he won both races comfortably. Think about that for a second. Not to mention, there’s a whole black caucus, and maybe a handful of Asian elected to office.
I know Asians can be racist. I had several Asians as girlfriends that couldnt stand white people. Not sure what that has to do with the point though? You said all of that but you still havent proven that Asians or Blacks or any other people of color control the resources and opportunities here in the US? Sorry but all thats controlled by whites. Hence white privilege.

White privilege is total bull.
I agree but you sorry ass white boys need it badly. It would be great if you could succeed on your own merits instead of building a system to hold other races back. You cant possibly be superior if you have to hold supposedly inferior people back right? :rolleyes:

Except that does not happen.

In fact we have to fight against quotas.

Moron.

White privilege is total bull.
I agree but you sorry ass white boys need it badly. It would be great if you could succeed on your own merits instead of building a system to hold other races back. You cant possibly be superior if you have to hold supposedly inferior people back right? :rolleyes:

Except that does not happen.

In fact we have to fight against quotas.

Moron.
You must be a low hanging fruit white boy. If you up your skill set you wont have to deal with quotas. Dont you aspire to be more than just a janitor in life? :rolleyes:

#TheLargerIssue #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #SOLUTIONS

So - this whole manufactured, straw-man argument that white people are racist and knowingly enjoy our "white privilege" with our "dog whistles" and secret handshakes is frankly bogus and baseless.

It make you look paranoid

Peace.

My post was about Kavanaugh - the respondent called him the "poster boy of white privilege."

I grew up around musicians - many of them wonderful African-American jazz and funk players. I always felt they were superior to me, but I never felt hatred towards them because they grew up in a far better musical environment than I did.
Doesnt matter who it was about but if it was Kavanaugh I agree. I would still like to see both sides of the argument.

You felt they were superior to you? What does that have to do with anything and why did you feel they were superior to you? Not sure why you would feel hatred towards someone you admittedly felt were superior to you. The fact that you believed them to be superior seems to be an acceptance of the lower position you assigned yourself. If you accepted that you wouldnt feel hatred.

Hmmm... my post is about race and privilege. I felt they were superior musicians to me because they had grown up in a more "privileged" musical environment - meaning they had more people ready to support and nurture them musically, who "happened to be" black. But I never saw that privilege as coming from their color - it came from their culture.

So - the next logical step is to see that privilege in general is about culture - not color. And that is why "white privilege" is essentially a straw man argument. Race does not imbue privilege, but culture can.

Feel free to denigrate my "white culture music" of Catholic hymns instead of rockin' gospel songs, or Peter Paul & Mary instead of Miles Davis, But understand that I was brought up on that music because it was my culture, not because I was white, so I have no reason to conflate race with "musical privilege."
White privilege is about color. Thats why its called white privilege. Its handed out to whites no matter there culture. There is a reason the SCOTUS admits there is systemic racism. There is a reason retired police chiefs admit cops police Blacks differently out of fear. There is a reason whites created a system to keep Blacks from getting ahead. All these reasons add up to white privilege. Now you can claim this is not so but doing that only tells me you are in denial due to an insecurity complex. It must be extremely difficult for a white male to go through life not sure if his success is real or not. Or maybe white males simply dont care? Maybe they have zero shame they need a system rigged for their benefit?

Japanese country = Good
African country = Good

White country = OMFG!

I know Asians can be racist. I had several Asians as girlfriends that couldnt stand white people. Not sure what that has to do with the point though? You said all of that but you still havent proven that Asians or Blacks or any other people of color control the resources and opportunities here in the US? Sorry but all thats controlled by whites. Hence white privilege.
My point is that racism is just an easier form of tribalism to fall into. Tribalism is inherent in human nature, it is something that we have evolved with. All because we are talking monkeys that depend on living in tribes. Tribalism did serve us well (believe it or not) back when resources for us were scarce, and diseases we could not fight could wipe out half of your tribe in a matter of months. We’ve had to be constantly vigilant and concerned about foreign tribes coming to take what’s ours, and when we did not have enough, we needed another tribe to blame (whether or not that tribe held any responsibility for the lack of resources) to go and take from them. Now that scarcity of resources is facing extinction (read Pinker’s Enlightenment Now), and now that disease is increasingly easier to combat, tribalism is more of an outdated software program built into us.

To say that only a certain group, even a group that’s a regional majority, is the only group guilty of racism is flat out wrong. To say that white privilege isn’t racist, or better said, that it isn’t that old software of blaming another tribe rearing it’s ugly head, is wrong. To say that Asians are only garnering success and outearning whites because we’re like obedient dogs to the whites and they gave us a treat, is honestly is flat out offensive as well as wrong. I see you on this thread talking about how you’re hard work is bringing you success despite the system going against you. When another race finds success, it’s because they idiotically made a deal with the devil, but not because of hard work...We’ll that’s quite a fucked up statement.

I can concede that some whites have a bit of advantage due to the previous generations garnering an abundance of resources, and some of that is through the exploitation of blacks. I can concede conversely to that, some blacks are at a disadvantage because of lack of resources. Here’s the problem with white privilege idea (outside of attributing characteristics because of a race). First off, it’s an incredibly simplistic statement and rational applied to an incredibly complex problem. You say that whites control a majority of the resources, well no duh, it’s a majority white country. That’s just how the law of averages is going to play out in a country that values freedom and making your own way. But, wealth only stays in families for 3 generations. So that “advantage” does not last forever. There’s a constant cycle of “old money” drying up, and new money blowing up, and that cycle is moving quicker than ever. Now Asians are out earning whites, and have been for the past 20 years, so is there Asian privilege? I wouldn’t say so, if anything there’s more clear and non abstract systemic disadvantage being Asian than any other race, since they are having to outperform all other races in things like college admissions. Is there a such thing as black privilege when they’re getting into Ivy League schools with much lower test scores and GPAs versus their Asian counterparts, all in the name of promotion of diversity? That’s actual systemic racism that can be quantified very accurately. Also, you’ve cited that Asians hold very little power in government, but they are still outperforming whites in earning. So Asians are double fucked since they don’t have the accumulated resources, and are far less represented in government, even compared to blacks. Yet, they are still finding more success than their “white privileged” counterparts. Looking at your original explanation of why that is, that Asians are being hand feed from the white table because of good behavior...that’d be more like Asians are being feed the ribeye steak, while whites are only getting the sirloin, even with their notable disadvantages versus whites who hold most of the resources, and having very little representation in the system. How do you explain this? You can’t say whites have a majority of the power and resources, and at the same time have a group that lacks the most represented power outperforming them by double digit percentiles, despite of a system being built by whites for whites in your estimation. Either white privelage is helping the Asian population get a leg up on the other races, including whites themselves, in the most important measurable category, earnings, or there’s other factors at play, and clearly they play a much bigger role than skin color.

My point is that racism is just an easier form of tribalism to fall into. Tribalism is inherent in human nature, it is something that we have evolved with. All because we are talking monkeys that depend on living in tribes. Tribalism did serve us well (believe it or not) back when resources for us were scarce, and diseases we could not fight could wipe out half of your tribe in a matter of months. We’ve had to be constantly vigilant and concerned about foreign tribes coming to take what’s ours, and when we did not have enough, we needed another tribe to blame (whether or not that tribe held any responsibility for the lack of resources) to go and take from them. Now that scarcity of resources is facing extinction (read Pinker’s Enlightenment Now), and now that disease is increasingly easier to combat, tribalism is more of an outdated software program built into us.

To say that only a certain group, even a group that’s a regional majority, is the only group guilty of racism is flat out wrong. To say that white privilege isn’t racist, or better said, that it isn’t that old software of blaming another tribe rearing it’s ugly head, is wrong. To say that Asians are only garnering success and outearning whites because we’re like obedient dogs to the whites and they gave us a treat, is honestly is flat out offensive as well as wrong. I see you on this thread talking about how you’re hard work is bringing you success despite the system going against you. When another race finds success, it’s because they idiotically made a deal with the devil, but not because of hard work...We’ll that’s quite a fucked up statement.

I can concede that some whites have a bit of advantage due to the previous generations garnering an abundance of resources, and some of that is through the exploitation of blacks. I can concede conversely to that, some blacks are at a disadvantage because of lack of resources. Here’s the problem with white privilege idea (outside of attributing characteristics because of a race). First off, it’s an incredibly simplistic statement and rational applied to an incredibly complex problem. You say that whites control a majority of the resources, well no duh, it’s a majority white country. That’s just how the law of averages is going to play out in a country that values freedom and making your own way. But, wealth only stays in families for 3 generations. So that “advantage” does not last forever. There’s a constant cycle of “old money” drying up, and new money blowing up, and that cycle is moving quicker than ever. Now Asians are out earning whites, and have been for the past 20 years, so is there Asian privilege? I wouldn’t say so, if anything there’s more clear and non abstract systemic disadvantage being Asian than any other race, since they are having to outperform all other races in things like college admissions. Is there a such thing as black privilege when they’re getting into Ivy League schools with much lower test scores and GPAs versus their Asian counterparts, all in the name of promotion of diversity? That’s actual systemic racism that can be quantified very accurately. Also, you’ve cited that Asians hold very little power in government, but they are still outperforming whites in earning. So Asians are double fucked since they don’t have the accumulated resources, and are far less represented in government, even compared to blacks. Yet, they are still finding more success than their “white privileged” counterparts. Looking at your original explanation of why that is, that Asians are being hand feed from the white table because of good behavior...that’d be more like Asians are being feed the ribeye steak, while whites are only getting the sirloin, even with their notable disadvantages versus whites who hold most of the resources, and having very little representation in the system. How do you explain this? You can’t say whites have a majority of the power and resources, and at the same time have a group that lacks the most represented power outperforming them by double digit percentiles, despite of a system being built by whites for whites in your estimation. Either white privelage is helping the Asian population get a leg up on the other races, including whites themselves, in the most important measurable category, earnings, or there’s other factors at play, and clearly they play a much bigger role than skin color.

You must have made an assumption somewhere along the line. I never said the only reason Asians out earn whites is due to being obedient dogs. I specifically stated that Asians out earn whites due to taking advantage of whites trying to portray them as the model minority. Thats not the only reason but I know for a fact thats the primary reason this occurs. Whites will hire a Asian over any other so called minority in most cases and sometimes even over another white person. I work in the IT field and have spoken to many Asians about this. Asians also have a secure knowledge of their history, philosophies and know exactly who they are so they are less affected by white racism. They can always fall back to their cultural beliefs so they have an incredibly stable foundation. All that being said lets look at recent African immigrants. Even though they have the same base (culturally and philosophically) to fall back upon, they suffer from racism way more than Asians do. Now when you throw in the fact that recent African immigrants are the most educated demographic in the US and then find out they suffer the same racism that Black Americans do you start to get the picture. There is a caste system for lack of a better word. Any one individual from any group can find success however, the lower you are on the totem pole the harder it is for you to find that success. Whites main enemy are Black people. That is who they fear the most. So in their system Blacks will be treated the worst. Asians are treated better than Blacks. Asians are not treated better than whites but Asians have a support system that makes it easier for them to rebound should they have any issues. Right now Asians are the model minority but that could change with the wind. East Indians may surpass you shortly and you will see what it is I am talking about.

OP, you are concerned w/people "alienating half the US population with hateful rhetoric."

Hello, MarcATL. Do these Americans share HATEFUL RHETORIC?

kendrick lamar, barack obama.jpg

Dr. Umar Johnson Ph.D, Dr. Boyce Watkins Ph.D, Tariq Nasheed-8.jpg
Peace.

Asclepias wrote, "Whites main enemy are Black people."

Hello, Asclepias. When writing about "Black people" are you including a LARGE population of apparent slow-to-evolve, freedom-loving "Pro Black, Woke or Conscious Black Community" minded American citizens, ILLOGICALLY believing they have a right, as well as duty to LOUDLY and HATEFULLY demean, denigrate, bully, taunt, harass, and in some instances threaten with violence, our successful, accomplished black or American friends, neighbors and co-workers of African descent?

"Sell-out" "C^^n" and "Uncle Tom" are just a few HATEFUL, denigrating terms "Pro Black or Conscious Black Community" American citizens use to LOUDLY demean and intimidate our accomplished, successful black or American friends, neighbors and co-workers of African descent choosing to peacefully pursue THEIR OWN unique vision for L, L, (Love) & Happiness.

Asclepias, I look forward to reading your intelligent reply.

Dr. Umar Johnson Ph.D, Dr. Boyce Watkins Ph.D, Tariq Nasheed.jpg

Peace.

#TheLargerIssue #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #Solutions

Asclepias wrote, "There is a reason retired police chiefs admit cops police Blacks differently out of fear."

Hello. Regarding FEAR you mention.

Am I out-of-place for asking, "Who is responsible for raising, nurturing and socializing perfectly healthy American newborns, maturing into apparent depressed, frustrated, angry, emotionally ill, sometimes violent SUIC!DAL, HOMIC!DAL, DOMESTIC AMERICAN TERRORISTS (*May 18, 2015 - Rise in Suic!de by Black Children Surprises Researchers - The New York Times*) causing COMMUNITY VIOLENCE, COMMUNITY FEAR, TERRORIZING, gunning down, killing American Babies and Elders, as well as impugning the image of our peaceful, responsible black or American friends, neighbors and co-workers of African descent?"

VIDEOS DEPICTING EMOTIONALLY ILL HOMICIDAL SUICIDAL YOUNG AMERICAN CITIZENS (age- restricted)

In my opinion, the APPARENT 'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victims appearing in these recordings UNKNOWINGLY are providing a disturbing symbol for America’s Culture of African American Child Abuse, Emotional Neglect & Maltreatment evolving from America’s oppressive, multi-generational, ignorant, once legal Culture of Racism.

Sadly, each of the apparent emotionally or mentally ill suicidal/homicidal thinking Americans (*May 18, 2015 - Rise in Suic!de by Black Children Surprises Researchers - The New York Times*) appearing in these horrifying recordings are exhibiting self, people and community harming behaviors that I, as well as a growing number of my responsible, caring American neighbors believe are impeding our responsible, peaceful black or American neighbors, friends and co-workers of African descent from fully experiencing the respect and equality all peaceful Americans have a right to enjoy.

Asclepias wrote, "retired police chiefs admit cops police Blacks differently out of fear"

Please educate me by sharing the list of police chiefs making observation.

gang members OPRAH.jpg

Peace.
___
American *(Children)* Lives Matter; Take Pride In Parenting; End Our National Health Crisis; Child Abuse and Neglect; End Community Violence/Fear, Police Anxiety & Educator's Frustrations

You must have made an assumption somewhere along the line. I never said the only reason Asians out earn whites is due to being obedient dogs. I specifically stated that Asians out earn whites due to taking advantage of whites trying to portray them as the model minority. Thats not the only reason but I know for a fact thats the primary reason this occurs. Whites will hire a Asian over any other so called minority in most cases and sometimes even over another white person. I work in the IT field and have spoken to many Asians about this. Asians also have a secure knowledge of their history, philosophies and know exactly who they are so they are less affected by white racism. They can always fall back to their cultural beliefs so they have an incredibly stable foundation. All that being said lets look at recent African immigrants. Even though they have the same base (culturally and philosophically) to fall back upon, they suffer from racism way more than Asians do. Now when you throw in the fact that recent African immigrants are the most educated demographic in the US and then find out they suffer the same racism that Black Americans do you start to get the picture. There is a caste system for lack of a better word. Any one individual from any group can find success however, the lower you are on the totem pole the harder it is for you to find that success. Whites main enemy are Black people. That is who they fear the most. So in their system Blacks will be treated the worst. Asians are treated better than Blacks. Asians are not treated better than whites but Asians have a support system that makes it easier for them to rebound should they have any issues. Right now Asians are the model minority but that could change with the wind. East Indians may surpass you shortly and you will see what it is I am talking about.
No, I made no assumptions. You just reiterated that the primary reason for Asian success, success that you initially denied, is that we’re a “model minority”. Clearly implying that it’s a reward granted by whites for us bending the knee. It’s a fucked up statement, but the type of statement I expect from this ideology. That’s precisely what happens when you apply simplistic arguments and generalizations to complex situations, concerning an incredibly diverse group of people. I mean listen to yourself. What exactly constitutes a model minority? I’m eager to hear this explanation, because apparently we’re so in tune with our history and philosophies, but are willing to set them aside to become model minorities.

And how do those recent African American blacks compare to blacks that have been here for generations? Let’s take a look.

Black Immigrants in U.S. Earning 30% More than U.S. Born Blacks

So are black immigrants also acting as a “model minority”. Because they are apparentely the most hated enemy of whites but are still out earning their US born counterparts by a full 30 PERCENT. That’s a practical full 1/3 higher. That’s double what Asians out earning white Americans, and what Asians earn vs whites is statistically mind boggling itself.

You’re theory has some pretty huge holes in it that you are trying to cover up with racist statements and offensive over generalizations. You do it because your storyline feels good to you. We go back to the human nature of tribalism and the looking to another tribe to blame. That’s a VERY successful marketing strategy. In fact so successful that it drives people to commit unimaginable atrocities all throughout history. It what hitler used against the Jews, it’s what was used in Rawanda, it’s what terrorist use. Be honest with yourself and keep yourself in check, you are buying into theories that feel so good that they can be used to justify atrocities.

Forum List

Back