White Privilege?

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by Paul Motter, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Paul Motter

Paul Motter Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +221
    I just had someone answer a sincere post I made with a snarky reference to "oh poor guy - poster boy for 'white privilege'."

I just want to say this to the people who use this phrase "white privilege."

1) It is just a racist as anything you might claim white people have ever thought or said.

2) This is not pre-Civil War 1850 - the vast majority of white people are NOT racist at all. This has been the persistent lie and insult towards white people ever since "racism" was cited as the primary reason why conservatives opposed Obama. We opposed him because he had the most liberal voting record in the entire Senate when he was elected, but not at all because he is black.

So - this whole manufactured, straw-man argument that white people are racist and knowingly enjoy our "white privilege" with our "dog whistles" and secret handshakes is frankly bogus and baseless. It make you look paranoid, self-pitying and reactionary. It will come back to bite you as reverse racism (meaning racism is equal in both directions, you are not exempt from being racist just because you are not white).

So, I am not giving you advice, I am just saying that in my opinion it is a losing position, and if that is where you choose to go - alienating half the US population with hateful rhetoric - best of luck. You're a racist, and to say you decry racism by calling other people racist solely because of their color is juvenile.

"I'm rubber, you're glue"

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  2. Asclepias

Asclepias Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,573
    You didnt post a link to your "sincere" post. I want to see both sides of the story. I say this because you whites tend to not be aware of what white privilege is.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. MarcATL

MarcATL Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,468
    OP, you are concerned w/people "alienating half the US population with hateful rhetoric."

Is that correct?

4. WEATHER53

WEATHER53 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,926
    Privledges are earned and rarely just granted. Be industrious and try to earn some rather than crying about those who have

5. Norman

Norman Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,458
    On average white people are richer.

And it's because:
    1) USA is majority white. There is majority privilege just as in any country. Democrats find this most natural thing racist of course.
    2) Whites have higher IQs and lesser testosterone, meaning more success in modern world in general.

This is what is meant by white privilege. They just can't formulate straight up, because then it would become obvious that eradicating it is suicide that would involve making you a minority in your own country and performing a lobotomy.... which viewing CNN accomplishes quite well.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. caddo kid

caddo kid Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,587
    I'm a white male, 57 years old, blah blah blah, etc.

If I use the term 'white privilege' is that racist?

If I use the term 'white privilege' does that make me a racist?

7. Asclepias

Asclepias Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,573
    White privileged wasnt earned. You just had more guns and carried diseases that wiped out native populations. Thats more like luck.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. WEATHER53

WEATHER53 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,926
    More industrious, more capable, we know that is troublesome for you.

9. Asclepias

Asclepias Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,573
    If you were more capable and industrious you wouldnt have died trying to grow the crops Blacks had to show you how to grow. :rolleyes:

10. sakinago

sakinago Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,723
    Most get the gist, and most recognize it for what it really is...attributing certain traits and characteristics to someone based on nothing else besides their immutable characteristics...in other words “the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races”, this also happens to be the definition of racism.

If whites are so privileged, then why is it Asians are leaving the whites in this country in the dust? Is there Asian privelage? If not, what sort of factors lead to the overall success of the Asian population in the US? Are those factors attributable to any other races overall success or failures in the US. If so, to what degree?