White Privilege

A young girl I know was just accepted to the University of Miami - a very prestigious and very expensive - school. She is a B student in GENERAL classes. I know of A students in Honors classes who have been rejected. It was befuddling to me until I realized that she is Puerto Rican. The university will be proud to add her to their diversity numbers as the taxpayers pick up the bill, and won't give a rats ass if she fails out the first year. Makes me sick.

A young girl I know was just accepted to the University of Miami - a very prestigious and very expensive - school. She is a B student in GENERAL classes. I know of A students in Honors classes who have been rejected. It was befuddling to me until I realized that she is Puerto Rican. The university will be proud to add her to their diversity numbers as the taxpayers pick up the bill, and won't give a rats ass if she fails out the first year. Makes me sick.
End the cash for racism, and you will end institutional racism.

From what little I know of this movement, it seems they are pushing multi-culturalism. They are quite behind the 8 ball, as it has been shown to have failed in Europe. Guess they didn't get the memo.

I enjoyed WHITE previlege when I was a kid.

My father and mother both worked 1 1/2 or two jobs so we could live in the best (and obviously White's only) neighborhood in my home town.

As a consequence I got the best education available to kids in that town.

And also as a consequence I grow up a rather bitter latchkey kid, since I was the only boy in my elementary with a Slavic surname (remember this was shortly the red scare McCarthy period) as well as one of the poorest kids in the school.

That was my primary leg up coming from WHITE previlege...a very good education and a lifetime of feeling (because I was made to feel like) an outsider.

So if you ever wonder why editec is a liberal, know that the conservatives really left me no choice.

Last edited:
And also as a consequence I grow up a rather bitter latchkey kid, since I was the only boy in my elementary with a Slavic surname (remember this was shortly the red scare McCarthy period) as well as one of the poorest kids in the school.

That was my primary leg up coming from WHITE previlege...a very good education and a lifetime of feeling (because I was made to feel like) an outsider.

So if you ever wonder why editec is a liberal, know that the conservatives really left me no choice.
:lol: You're a liberal because you got picked on as a kid :lol::lol::lol:

From what little I know of this movement, it seems they are pushing multi-culturalism. They are quite behind the 8 ball, as it has been shown to have failed in Europe. Guess they didn't get the memo.
They stopped checking their stock ticker back in 1928 too.

Wow Calling Dr Freud.

Well editec it sounds like your tale is not unlike that of my parents. Yet they respected their folks for working two jobs and sacrificing so they could get a good education. And in turn they've instilled the same work ethic on their posterity. That's why they became conservatives.

To me "white privilege" means a middle class value system that promotes education, hard work, and families taking care of each other. Many minorities with the same values enjoy that "privilege" as well. Nothing to apologize for.

:lol: You're a liberal because you got picked on as a kid :lol::lol::lol:

Yup.

I'm one of those WHITE MEN who actually understand what its like to be a victim of race, eithnic, class and gender prejudice.

Hence I tend to be sympathetic to those who also have a history of such injustice.

What's more since I competed with the rich kids my whole life in schools, I know what apparently many of you do not, that the rich put their pants on one leg at a time, just like the rest of us.

Familiarity breeds contempt, amigo.

Wow Calling Dr Freud.

Well editec it sounds like your tale is not unlike that of my parents. Yet they respected their folks for working two jobs and sacrificing so they could get a good education. And in turn they've instilled the same work ethic on their posterity. That's why they became conservatives.

I know you'll find this hard to believe, but hard work and good education isn't strictly something only conservatives understand.

To me "white privilege" means a middle class value system that promotes education, hard work, and families taking care of each other. Many minorities with the same values enjoy that "privilege" as well. Nothing to apologize for.

It is that, in part. And clearly there's nothing to apologise in those values.

But WHITE previlege is also, the fact that a kid with parents with a slavic surname could STILL buy a house in the neighborhood with the best schools, while a black kid whose parents worked just as damned hard as mine did could not.

Not, at least, back in 1955.

So yes, I did benefit from being a WHITE person.

In 1955 you may have had a point. But what you are referring to is socioeconomics; not race. I live in an affluent neighborhood with a couple of black, Asian, and Indian families. Their children are "privileged" too. No apology needed.

Yep and i bet she got stiffen money from a private fund given only to minorities too yet is not considered racist.

I hate to break your argument like a fragile twig but the University of Miami is private, not state-funded. They can give scholarships to whoever they want. Perhaps this student also received an athletic scholarship.

Nice try, but when your argument is 50% fraudulent, it's hard to take your point seriously.

Last edited:

I hate to break your argument like a fragile twig but the University of Miami is private, not state-funded. They can give scholarships to whoever they want. Perhaps this student also received an athletic scholarship.

Nice try, but when your argument is 50% fraudulent, it's hard to take your point seriously.

My argument??? is not 50% fraudulent. Are you saying there are no federal grants for private schools? Of course Miami can give scholarships to whomever they choose. My point is that I don't think she can compete. And that is a disservice to her and all others who could have gotten that spot.

Oh and she is not an athlete.

She may not go at all. I said she was accepted.

Take a chill pill man.

My argument??? is not 50% fraudulent. Are you saying there are no federal grants for private schools? Of course Miami can give scholarships to whomever they choose. My point is that I don't think she can compete. And that is a disservice to her and all others who could have gotten that spot.

Take a chill pill man.

Federal grants are awarded to students, in order to attend the college of their choice, not to universities. Private colleges can accept whoever they wish, regardless of academic circumstances. If they choose to value cultural diversity over scholarship, that's their choice. If the parents choose to send her to an institution that does this, again, it's their choice. Making decisions on this basis may very well have negative ramifications for that college, but given that it is a private institution, that's their problem.

Your argument was stupid, based upon false information (it isn't a state school), and your ire was misplaced, as a result.

FWIW, I'm always chill. Pointing out stupidity makes me smile.

Federal grants are awarded to students, in order to attend the college of their choice, not to universities. Private colleges can accept whoever they wish, regardless of academic circumstances. If they choose to value cultural diversity over scholarship, that's their choice. If the parents choose to send her to an institution that does this, again, it's their choice. Making decisions on this basis may very well have negative ramifications for that college, but given that it is a private institution, that's their problem.

Your argument was stupid, based upon false information (it isn't a state school), and your ire was misplaced, as a result.

You're full of shit for about nineteen reasons, but let's just take a few.

No. 1, almost no school in America doesn't take federal money. When they do, they can't discriminate.

No. 2. you would not say any of this about Bob Jones, or something along those lines. To you, it's fine if a private school wants to discriminate against whites... just nobody else, eh?

No. 3, guess who the MOST-DISCRIMINATED AGAINST GROUP IS when it comes to Ivy League schools? WORKING-CLASS WHITES!

No. 4, wherever you go to college, public or private, it's going to be a white-bashing fest from day one. There's a club for everyone, but not whites.

No. 5, yes, there are tons of race-based scholarships out there. Absolutely ZERO for whites, though. So Malika and Sashita or whatever the hell their names are qualify, but not a white kid from Appalachia. Real fair, that.

The whole system of higher education is designed to keep whites out, and indoctrinate those who do get in to "multiculturalism" so they accept their new status as third-class citizens in the country their ancestors built!

Privatize education, destroy the Democrat teacher union

Free the blacks instantly

Democrats are evil scum

No. 3, guess who the MOST-DISCRIMINATED AGAINST GROUP IS when it comes to Ivy League schools? WORKING-CLASS WHITES!

The whole system of higher education is designed to keep whites out, and indoctrinate those who do get in to "multiculturalism" so they accept their new status as third-class citizens in the country their ancestors built!

I can only presume that you've never set foot on an Ivy league campus in your life.

Tell me, William - is offering free tuition to working-class whites a way to discriminate against them in Ivy league schools?

Take a chill pill man.

FWIW, I'm always chill. Pointing out stupidity makes me smile.

I am not going to split hairs here. I know that Miami is a private school. And I also know it's close to $50K a year. If she goes, she will get financial aide from multiple sources, including govt. grants and loans (Sallie Mae???). But that's not even the point. The subject is "white privilege". I suggested that a student who may not be successful at that school, was given preference over more qualified students. That is a fact. Even if her parents suddenly found an extra $50K and paid the entire bill themselves, it is still unfair. Not only to the students who were denied, but especially to her.

I've changed my mind. Maybe you should lay off those chill pills. They are affecting your brain.

Encouraging diversity on campus is a noble goal. Using unqualified students as tokens to meet that goal is wrong.

Forum List

Back