White Privilege

chanel said:
I am not going to split hairs here. I know that Miami is a private school.

Clearly, when you made your post, you did not know this. You now know it.

And I also know it's close to $50K a year.

So?

If she goes, she will get financial aide from multiple sources, including govt. grants and loans (Sallie Mae???).

Are you privy to her personal finances? :cuckoo:

But that's not even the point. The subject is "white privilege". I suggested that a student who may not be successful at that school, was given preference over more qualified students.

And, a private university can choose whatever students they want, on any basis. Try to deal.

chanel said:
I am not going to split hairs here. I know that Miami is a private school.

Clearly, when you made your post, you did not know this. You now know it.

And I also know it's close to $50K a year.

So?

If she goes, she will get financial aide from multiple sources, including govt. grants and loans (Sallie Mae???).

Are you privy to her personal finances? :cuckoo:

But that's not even the point. The subject is "white privilege". I suggested that a student who may not be successful at that school, was given preference over more qualified students.

And, a private university can choose whatever students they want, on any basis. Try to deal.

You are a crazy person. I know Miami is a private school and I know how much it costs. I know two people who graduated from there and one who is attending. Don't pretend to read my mind, and don't ever call me a liar.

I am not privy to this young lady's finances, but I do know where she lives. It is quite possible (not) that her family hoards cash and are secret millionaires. :cuckoo: But once again, that's not the point.

And who said that universities can't choose who they want to accept? Just because they can, doesn't make it right. That's why we bitch on message boards.

Students are being scammed in the name of "diversity". I don't like it. End of story.

You are a crazy person. I know Miami is a private school and I know how much it costs. I know two people who graduated from there and one who is attending. Don't pretend to read my mind, and don't ever call me a liar.

I am not privy to this young lady's finances, but I do know where she lives. It is quite possible (not) that her family hoards cash and are secret millionaires. :cuckoo: But once again, that's not the point.

And who said that universities can't choose who they want to accept? Just because they can, doesn't make it right. That's why we bitch on message boards.

Students are being scammed in the name of "diversity". I don't like it. End of story.

Don't be sad, just because you look dumb right now.

It sucks being a white man

The whole world is against us

If you really object to prejudical behavior when it comes to selecting students?

Then the most obvious case of it is not affirmative action students, but LEGACY STUDENTS.

Why should you be given a leg up in acceptance just because your family went there before you?

CLASSISM is more prevelant in university than racism ever will be, folks.

Its just done so on the QT that I'm guessing some of you are just now learning about this right now.

But pretty much every major university does that as a routine matter of course.

How many "legacy students" are there editec? Do Ivy League schools accept average students just because their folks went there? I'd be curious to see some numbers.

"Legacy students" should be held to the same standards as any other kid. Affirmative action students should be held to the same standards as well. I happen to agree with affirmative action when it is used appropriately. Howwver, using kids as tokens is not appropriate. They are setting them up for failure at an incredible cost. They may not give a shit if that rich kid fails out, but you'd think they'd at least feel for that family remortgaging their home. It's wrong.

Federal grants are awarded to students, in order to attend the college of their choice, not to universities. Private colleges can accept whoever they wish, regardless of academic circumstances. If they choose to value cultural diversity over scholarship, that's their choice. If the parents choose to send her to an institution that does this, again, it's their choice. Making decisions on this basis may very well have negative ramifications for that college, but given that it is a private institution, that's their problem.

Your argument was stupid, based upon false information (it isn't a state school), and your ire was misplaced, as a result.

You're full of shit for about nineteen reasons, but let's just take a few.

No. 1, almost no school in America doesn't take federal money. When they do, they can't discriminate.

No. 2. you would not say any of this about Bob Jones, or something along those lines. To you, it's fine if a private school wants to discriminate against whites... just nobody else, eh?

No. 3, guess who the MOST-DISCRIMINATED AGAINST GROUP IS when it comes to Ivy League schools? WORKING-CLASS WHITES!

No. 4, wherever you go to college, public or private, it's going to be a white-bashing fest from day one. There's a club for everyone, but not whites.

No. 5, yes, there are tons of race-based scholarships out there. Absolutely ZERO for whites, though. So Malika and Sashita or whatever the hell their names are qualify, but not a white kid from Appalachia. Real fair, that.

The whole system of higher education is designed to keep whites out, and indoctrinate those who do get in to "multiculturalism" so they accept their new status as third-class citizens in the country their ancestors built!

I am not a third class citizen. And for you to suggest that I am is very insulting. Just b/c your skin color is lighter than mine does not mean that you are more intelligent. Whoever put that thought in your head is just as ignorant as you are! The only differences in us as human beings is that we originated from different parts of the world. As a human being we all when lying on a surgeon's table have the same organs inside and bleed the same color blood. When we die, we all as humans are cold and hard to the touch and are put into the ground from which as God said we came from. You may think you are better than me, but in reality it's not what YOU think..

Just b/c your skin color is lighter than mine does not mean that you are more intelligent.

Whites in general have an IQ that is 15 points higher than blacks in general.

So, maybe not ME personally compared to YOU personally. But yes, my race is in fact smarter than yours. Read The Bell Curve... unless it would be racist to suggest reading.

I can only presume that you've never set foot on an Ivy league campus in your life.

Tell me, William - is offering free tuition to working-class whites a way to discriminate against them in Ivy league schools?

Here is a column on the topic:

Bias and bigotry in academia

Writes Nieli, there seems an unwritten admissions rule at America's elite schools: "Poor Whites Need Not Apply."

For admissions officers at our top private and public schools, diversity is "a code word" for particular prejudices.

For these schools are not interested in a diversity that would include "born-again Christians from the Bible belt, students from Appalachia and other rural and small-town areas, people who have served in the U.S. military, those who have grown up on farms or ranches, Mormons, Pentecostals, Jehovah's Witnesses, lower- and middle-class Catholics, working-class 'white ethnics,' social and political conservatives, wheelchair users, married students, married students with children or older students just starting into college and raising children."

"Students in these categories," writes Nieli, "are often very rare at the most competitive colleges, especially the Ivy League."

"Lower-class whites prove to be all-around losers" at the elite schools. They are rarely accepted. Lower-class Hispanics and blacks are eight to 10 times more likely to get in with the same scores.

Read more: Bias and bigotry in academia http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=181357#ixzz1KVC4HlVD

Last edited:
Just b/c your skin color is lighter than mine does not mean that you are more intelligent.

Whites in general have an IQ that is 15 points higher than blacks in general.

So, maybe not ME personally compared to YOU personally. But yes, my race is in fact smarter than yours. Read The Bell Curve... unless it would be racist to suggest reading.

God did not create us to judge who is better. God does not give a damn about whose IQ is higher. You are so caught up in my race of ppl is better than yours that you have lost the meaning of why you were created and why you are here on Earth. You don't even care that God's only son died on the cross to forgive us of our sins...you are still committing them by continuing your hatred for a race of ppl that God created. In essence you are telling God that the Black race of ppl should have never been created. Am I right?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back