White people adopting black children

Many adoption agencies ask the birth mother if she wants her child to be adopted by a Catholic, Protestant, or Jewish Parents, or if it doesn't matter to them. The person that is giving up that child is entitled to make that choice, don't you think? They carried the baby for 9 months and chose not to abort him/her, so deciding if their baby is adopted by whatever religion they may follow (or none at all) is fair imo.
I don't agree in the least. Who has the right to decide anyone's religion? That is each person's personal choice.
I repeat what I said about having compassion for the child who is abandoned and making sure that only the best interests of the child play into the choice of adoptive parents. Imposing the birth mother's choice of religion is certainly not in the best interest of the child. I'm not even sure it really serves the best interest of the religion chosen. It makes it look as if no one would choose that religion unless indoctrinated into it from a young and impressionable age.

Saying the infant of a Catholic birth mother should only be raised by Catholics is the same as saying whites cannot adopt blacks, blacks can't adopt Asians and Asians can't adopt whites.

The best interest of the child is the only thing to be considered in selecting his/her adoptive parents.

Well, you have the right to your opinion. But as someone who has close ties to people that have gave up babies for adoption, and have relatives and close friends that have adopted, I would say that peace of mind is also a concern for the birth mother. Knowing the baby she gave up will be raised in a home with the same religion as her is not too much to ask, if that's what she chooses. If the birth mother doesn't care, then the baby goes to any family. The agencies screen these families for years before they can adopt, so most likely where ever the baby ends up, it will be in a loving home. And again, we are talking about the MOTHERS CHOICE, not an entire attitude of all who give up babies for adoption. Some mothers don't care what religion (if any) the child goes to, as long as it's a loving home. And that's great too.

But, the mother carried the baby to full term, and should be able to decide if she wants it raised in her religion type home or not, imo.
Members of my family were adopted. Had the birth mothers claimed that for their peace of mind, they did not want our adopted family members in our family for religious reasons, they would have been doing an extremely selfish thing, IMO. Fortunately none of them did and our family is intact.

A woman who is giving up her child for adoption can find peace of mind knowing that in this great country we have adoption agencies who will do their best to find her child a good home. That is all the peace of mind a birth mother can hope for and should require if her true interests are the child's welfare. Trying to control the child's life after she has relinquished all responsibility for it is just being self centered and small- minded.

Last edited:
My grandmother and her younger brother were put up for adoption when their mother died and they were too young for their father to raise. His only request is that they be adopted together. The home she was put in was run by the Swedish Covenant Church. A fundamentalist sect that my grandfather did not belong to but was the only place with room for them. My grandmother and her brother were never adopted because though she was smart and pretty and healthy, no one wanted a little tag a-long boy. Most people at that time were looking for children who would be servants or workers rather than just children. She was glad they stayed in the orphanage because there she at least got an education and eventually she and her brother were able to go back to living with thier father after he bought a home and she was old enough to cook and do other stuff. She still went to school because she was determined to go to college. She also, after those years spent with religious nuts, was outspokenly anti-religion. So that shows you that you can try to force religion on a child but it won't always work if they are smart children.

Anguille, not all of us who believe in God are nuts, you do know that, right?
If you say so.

Do you really think a just and fair god would care which religion or lack of little children were raised in? Don't you think a loving god would want the best for innocent children?

religion is an adult matter. Let people decide if they want religion when they come of an age where they can make an informed choice in the matter.

If religion is really a valid thing, what do religious leaders have to be afraid of? If it makes sense, people will flock to it, no matter if they were raised in it or not.

Many adoption agencies ask the birth mother if she wants her child to be adopted by a Catholic, Protestant, or Jewish Parents, or if it doesn't matter to them. The person that is giving up that child is entitled to make that choice, don't you think? They carried the baby for 9 months and chose not to abort him/her, so deciding if their baby is adopted by whatever religion they may follow (or none at all) is fair imo.

It's not uncommon for birth mothers to actually be able to interview prospective parents and choose the one she likes, and often they then help pay for her medical costs while pregnant and even participate to some extent, going to birthing classes and such. I think if I were going to put a child up for adoption, I would want to go this route, so that I could feel more comfortable knowing that he was in good hands. Just because I wasn't able to raise a child doesn't mean I think he should necessarily be cut off from all knowledge of his biological origins.

If you say so.

Do you really think a just and fair god would care which religion or lack of little children were raised in? Don't you think a loving god would want the best for innocent children?

religion is an adult matter. Let people decide if they want religion when they come of an age where they can make an informed choice in the matter.

If religion is really a valid thing, what do religious leaders have to be afraid of? If it makes sense, people will flock to it, no matter if they were raised in it or not.

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. - Proverbs 22:6

Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord. - Ephesians 6:4

Yeah, I think God cares about your children's religious training. I also think He DOESN'T particularly care about YOUR personal definition of "just and fair", or about living up to your personal, petty standards of what He should be like.

If you say so.

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. - Proverbs 22:6

Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord. - Ephesians 6:4

Yeah, I think God cares about your children's religious training. I also think He DOESN'T particularly care about YOUR personal definition of "just and fair", or about living up to your personal, petty standards of what He should be like.

Cecilie is now God's spokesperson. :lol:

Which religion is it that God wants children raised in, Cece?

Which race?

Does he want adopted children to be placed with fans of the same football team as the mother too?

If you say so.

Cecilie is now God's spokesperson. :lol:

No, the Bible is. YOU are the only human I see here with the hubris to try to tell us what a "just and fair God" would want based on his own personal standards.

Which religion is it that God wants children raised in, Cece?

I guess that's for you to ask God. Or possibly for the adults responsible for the child to ask God. It's certainly not for YOU to jump in and TELL them.

Which race?

I wasn't aware that one "raised" children in a race. It would be like "raising" your child in blondeness. They either are or they aren't.

But then, I'm not a bigot hung up on race and ethnicity like you.

Does he want adopted children to be placed with fans of the same football team as the mother too?

Wow, did you have a stupid lesson today? You're really outdoing your normal efforts.

I always thought it was wierd and it does raise an eyebrow, but I'm not one to assume anothers intentions. I can the difficulty though for the child having identity issues.

When I was in Grade School, the governors of Southern states were standing on the steps of public schools challenging US Marshalls to not allow Black children into "White", segregated schools.

When I was in High School, John Carlos and Tommy Smith raised black gloved fists on the medal podium of the Olympics.

Before those two events were lynchings, Supreme Court decisions and Stepan Fetchit. Between and during was Mohammad Ali, Shaft and Bill Cosby.

Since then, we have Barrack Obama. Whatever else he represents, he represents the coming of age of the equality of the Black portion of society.

By the time these Black kids are in High School and have the upbringing of the white parents and their sensibilities, the world will be a different place. Again. Interesting study for the nature vs. nurture debate.

Whose the sexiest woman in America? The sexiest man? If your Top Ten includes people of ethnicity, that should tell you how far we've come.

I always thought it was wierd and it does raise an eyebrow, but I'm not one to assume anothers intentions. I can the difficulty though for the child having identity issues.

When I was in Grade School, the governors of Southern states were standing on the steps of public schools challenging US Marshalls to not allow Black children into "White", segregated schools.

When I was in High School, John Carlos and Tommy Smith raised black gloved fists on the medal podium of the Olympics.

Before those two events were lynchings, Supreme Court decisions and Stepan Fetchit. Between and during was Mohammad Ali, Shaft and Bill Cosby.

Since then, we have Barrack Obama. Whatever else he represents, he represents the coming of age of the equality of the Black portion of society.

By the time these Black kids are in High School and have the upbringing of the white parents and their sensibilities, the world will be a different place. Again. Interesting study for the nature vs. nurture debate.

Whose the sexiest woman in America? The sexiest man? If your Top Ten includes people of ethnicity, that should tell you how far we've come.

"People of ethnicity"? Is there such a thing as a person WITHOUT ethnicity?

Ang I owe you a green blob, I have to go and spread my seed.:eusa_angel:

Caclile, thank you for the neg rep I will wear it with pride:lol:

I am not reading this whole thread. The reason why whites adopt children of color is due to us whites having love for all. It saddens us to see the darker skinned children growing up in a tough environment. We just want to help. This is no trophy. This is love for all people. This is the white legacy, We accept all. We extend a helping hand.
To my fellow whites: Be proud of our heritage. We are the most loving, forgiving and charitable people this world will ever know. Spread our love.

Bigots frequently are proud of their idiocy. I've always said that racists have to be proud of their race, because being born with a certain skin pigment is the biggest accomplishment they can achieve.

Thanks for proving me right. Now go iron your sheet and brush your tooth on someone else's dime. I don't waste time on hatefilled trash. FLUSH!

Bigots frequently are proud of their idiocy. I've always said that racists have to be proud of their race, because being born with a certain skin pigment is the biggest accomplishment they can achieve.

Thanks for proving me right. Now go iron your sheet and brush your tooth on someone else's dime. I don't waste time on hatefilled trash. FLUSH!
FLUSHED, may I suggest HRT Treatment Cackle, it will stop that nasty crackle when you cross your legs.

Ps Crackle, have you ever been moist?

I am not reading this whole thread. The reason why whites adopt children of color is due to us whites having love for all. It saddens us to see the darker skinned children growing up in a tough environment. We just want to help. This is no trophy. This is love for all people. This is the white legacy, We accept all. We extend a helping hand.
To my fellow whites: Be proud of our heritage. We are the most loving, forgiving and charitable people this world will ever know. Spread our love.

Let's not go overboard. No group of people has 'love for all'. But you're correct in that the white people who choose to adopt children of color have much love for those children.

Forum List

Back