White people adopting black children

The Catholic Church is closing its adoption agencies in the UK. You think that's a good thing? Because I don't. Catholics who give their child up for adoption do so out of love for the child and they have the right to decide who raises that child. Your stupid laws about discrimination suck. The rights of gays do not outweigh the rights of others.
You abandon your child to Catholics and you get to decide no gay can raise it. Not.

They don't abandon their children, they give them the best possible chance in life, even if that means being raised by someone else.... which, to me, is better than killing them. Catholics believe in traditional marriage... you may not agree with it but they are perfectly entitled to their beliefs as you are to yours. So, effectively, yea, it's their child and they have the right to decide who should raise it. The Catholic Adoption Agency places Catholic children with Catholic parents. Catholics have rights too.
''

Catholics believe in lots of different things and not necessarily that which the Pope says they must believe.

Catholic adoption agencies abusing their responsibility to find good homes for children to place them only in strict Catholic homes so as to increase the membership of their churches should be shut down co that more responsible ones can be but in charge.

I wonder if Catholic adoption agencies screen for parents who would send adopted kids to pedophile priests.

Yeah.

Because Madonna and Angelina Jolie are rushing to Appalachia to adopt poor white babies...

Have you ever noticed that the more truthful the observation, the more outraged people are that you noticed it?

Maybe because they see that the DESPERATION and STARVATION of foreign orphans is FAR worse that in the US.

You've obviously never seen the desperation and starvation right here at home--in Appalachia.

It's heartbreaking....and there are PLENTY of poor white children in need of good homes in the hills.

Go take a tour from N. Ga all the way up the Appalachian trail.....you'll run into plenty.

Geez. :rolleyes:

Poor here vs poor there are two totally different things. Now don't get me wrong I think we should take care of our own back yard first(quit sending money to Israel for example) but those children in other countries have NEVER seen a day that they didn't go to bed with EXTREME hunger.

Honestly, I don't see how it's anyone's business who adopts whom, or from where. As long as it's legal, who gives a shit. We're a global community after all. We don't have warehouse babies languishing in cribs, hungry, diseased and neglected in this country. If our citizens want to adopt those babies and bring them home, I'm all for it.

In the UK for some years the goverment has been making adoption easier.

Roman Catholic adoption agencies have been warned if the descriminate against Gays and Lesbians, they will be closed.:clap2:

The Catholic Church is closing its adoption agencies in the UK. You think that's a good thing? Because I don't. Catholics who give their child up for adoption do so out of love for the child and they have the right to decide who raises that child. Your stupid laws about discrimination suck. The rights of gays do not outweigh the rights of others.
I believe that adoption agencies should not take into consideration religious bias or any other bias for that matter, I believe that for what ever reason a parent gives their child up for adoption they should have no say in decideing the reasons for placement, I believe adoption agencies first and foremost should have the childs requirement to be loved and to be able to reciprocate, I believe the child should as soon as sensible be told of his roots so he/she may follow his parents religion or lack of it.

Our stupid laws are part of our democratic rights.

What are the reasons that at any one moment in your country 130,000 special needs children are in temp foster care, I'm suprised your homophobes and religious zealots dont take that on board, or do you prefer that these kids stay in the system than go to a gay couple who will cherish them.

Gay does not mean pedophile. I understand that you may believe it does but there is absolutely no scientific evidence to support your belief.

As a parent, I would never take the chance of allowing my kids to be around a homo unattended.

Just the fact that they are a homo, indicates mental instability.

A child's safey should take preference over the current PC fad.

You clearly have no understanding of gay people at all. That is your right, but because you refuse to educate yourself, your views on gay people are.... to be honest.... plain stupid.
you must take into consideration that Sunni used to teach in a christian sunday school pre conversion to Islam. I presume the one thing that obviously remains fixed in his odious mind, is the inherant bigotry created by both callings.

You abandon your child to Catholics and you get to decide no gay can raise it. Not.

They don't abandon their children, they give them the best possible chance in life, even if that means being raised by someone else.... which, to me, is better than killing them. Catholics believe in traditional marriage... you may not agree with it but they are perfectly entitled to their beliefs as you are to yours. So, effectively, yea, it's their child and they have the right to decide who should raise it. The Catholic Adoption Agency places Catholic children with Catholic parents. Catholics have rights too.
''

Catholics believe in lots of different things and not necessarily that which the Pope says they must believe.

Catholic adoption agencies abusing their responsibility to find good homes for children to place them only in strict Catholic homes so as to increase the membership of their churches should be shut down co that more responsible ones can be but in charge.

I wonder if Catholic adoption agencies screen for parents who would send adopted kids to pedophile priests.

I can tell you never let the facts interfere with your silly prejudices, Ang.

Catholic adoption agencies place Catholic children in Catholic homes. It has nothing to do with membership numbers - it is to do with faith. If a parent giving a child up wants that child placed in a family whose beliefs are similar to their own, who the hell are you to tell them they cannot? And as for your stupidity about priests, I'm not even gonna bother wasting my life responding - all you achieve by that remark is to demonstrate that you are unable to think outside your own twisted views.

Roman Catholic adoption agencies have been warned if the descriminate against Gays and Lesbians, they will be closed.:clap2:

I believe that adoption agencies should not take into consideration religious bias or any other bias for that matter, I believe that for what ever reason a parent gives their child up for adoption they should have no say in decideing the reasons for placement, I believe adoption agencies first and foremost should have the childs requirement to be loved and to be able to reciprocate, I believe the child should as soon as sensible be told of his roots so he/she may follow his parents religion or lack of it.

What are the reasons that at any one moment in your country 130,000 special needs children are in temp foster care, I'm suprised your homophobes and religious zealots dont take that on board, or do you prefer that these kids stay in the system than go to a gay couple who will cherish them.

Your welcome to hold your beliefs. I don't seek to interfere with them. Why do you insist that your rights outweigh mine? If I had a child and wanted it raised as a Catholic, why am I not entitled to do that? Birth parents do have input into where their child is placed. Just because you view Catholics as 'religious zealots' does not make them 'religious zealots', it is just your view. Stupid as it is, you are welcome to it. However, your view and rights do not outweigh mine. See how that works?

Likewise I'm for anyone who wants to adopt special needs kids...as long as they are suitable. I don't care if they're gay, couples, singles, or what religion, as long as they are relatively stable and able to provide the kids what they need.

The thing with foster kids is that so many times they come to you with sexual issues already. Someone who is defined by their sexuality might not be the best fit for kids who have been molested by members of the same sex, and people who bounce from partner to partner aren't the best fit for kids who just need stability, either. That's my only issue with gays adopting special needs, older kids. If they've been in a stable relationship for a good long time, or if they are happily single and not LOOKING to bring anyone new into the family unit, or they aren't into the serial dating scene, I've no problem with gays adopting. A togehter gay person adopting an autistic, ADHD, PTSD, violent kid is preferrable to a family with a couple of younger kids who has no idea what they're getting into, any day of the week.

As long as they are prepared to put the kid first, and address those problems, rather than drag the kid through life attempting to rid the world of homophobia. Those are two different crusades. A kid should be the sole crusade, and everything else secondary.

Your welcome to hold your beliefs. I don't seek to interfere with them. Why do you insist that your rights outweigh mine? If I had a child and wanted it raised as a Catholic, why am I not entitled to do that? Birth parents do have input into where their child is placed. Just because you view Catholics as 'religious zealots' does not make them 'religious zealots', it is just your view. Stupid as it is, you are welcome to it. However, your view and rights do not outweigh mine. See how that works?
In a democracy that a goverment creates it laws through the legitamate use of the power granted by the majority, and my opinion happens to be in lock step with those "stupid laws" (your words) then of course they outweigh yours if you oppose them. See how democracy works:eusa_angel:

If I had a child and wanted it raised as a Catholic, why am I not entitled to do that?
Sure, if you are going to raise the child. If you are relinquishing that responsibility you also relinquish any "right" to decide that child's faith. Anyone who has any compassion for the child they are abandoning will want them to have the best possible chance to be adopted into a loving home. They will not put ridiculous constraints on the kid's adoptability.

Many adoption agencies ask the birth mother if she wants her child to be adopted by a Catholic, Protestant, or Jewish Parents, or if it doesn't matter to them. The person that is giving up that child is entitled to make that choice, don't you think? They carried the baby for 9 months and chose not to abort him/her, so deciding if their baby is adopted by whatever religion they may follow (or none at all) is fair imo.

Many adoption agencies ask the birth mother if she wants her child to be adopted by a Catholic, Protestant, or Jewish Parents, or if it doesn't matter to them. The person that is giving up that child is entitled to make that choice, don't you think? They carried the baby for 9 months and chose not to abort him/her, so deciding if their baby is adopted by whatever religion they may follow (or none at all) is fair imo.
I don't agree in the least. Who has the right to decide anyone's religion? That is each person's personal choice.
I repeat what I said about having compassion for the child who is abandoned and making sure that only the best interests of the child play into the choice of adoptive parents. Imposing the birth mother's choice of religion is certainly not in the best interest of the child. I'm not even sure it really serves the best interest of the religion chosen. It makes it look as if no one would choose that religion unless indoctrinated into it from a young and impressionable age.

Saying the infant of a Catholic birth mother should only be raised by Catholics is the same as saying whites cannot adopt blacks, blacks can't adopt Asians and Asians can't adopt whites.

The best interest of the child is the only thing to be considered in selecting his/her adoptive parents.

They carried the baby for 9 months and chose not to abort him/her, so deciding if their baby is adopted by whatever religion they may follow (or none at all) is fair imo.

Not fair to the child.
Sounds like a bribe to get women not to abort.

Throw the baby under the church bus but reward a woman who doesn't take responsibility for her pregnancy. :cuckoo:

I don't agree in the least. Who has the right to decide anyone's religion? That is each person's personal choice.
I repeat what I said about having compassion for the child who is abandoned and making sure that only the best interests of the child play into the choice of adoptive parents. Imposing the birth mother's choice of religion is certainly not in the best interest of the child. I'm not even sure it really serves the best interest of the religion chosen. It makes it look as if no one would choose that religion unless indoctrinated into it from a young and impressionable age.

Saying the infant of a Catholic birth mother should only be raised by Catholics is the same as saying whites cannot adopt blacks, blacks can't adopt Asians and Asians can't adopt whites.

The best interest of the child is the only thing to be considered in selecting his/her adoptive parents.

Well, you have the right to your opinion. But as someone who has close ties to people that have gave up babies for adoption, and have relatives and close friends that have adopted, I would say that peace of mind is also a concern for the birth mother. Knowing the baby she gave up will be raised in a home with the same religion as her is not too much to ask, if that's what she chooses. If the birth mother doesn't care, then the baby goes to any family. The agencies screen these families for years before they can adopt, so most likely where ever the baby ends up, it will be in a loving home. And again, we are talking about the MOTHERS CHOICE, not an entire attitude of all who give up babies for adoption. Some mothers don't care what religion (if any) the child goes to, as long as it's a loving home. And that's great too.

But, the mother carried the baby to full term, and should be able to decide if she wants it raised in her religion type home or not, imo.

They carried the baby for 9 months and chose not to abort him/her, so deciding if their baby is adopted by whatever religion they may follow (or none at all) is fair imo.

Not fair to the child.
Sounds like a bribe to get women not to abort.

Throw the baby under the church bus but reward a woman who doesn't take responsibility for her pregnancy. :cuckoo:

Damn Anguille! :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back