White Nationalist vs. White Supremicist

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by Luc1, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Luc1

Luc1 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    "White Nationalists," as they call themselves, simply recognize the problems with diversity such as gang warfare and hate crimes and don't deny them. They recognize that a large amount of young black people naively think "the white man's keeping them down," and realize that this line of thought has transferred over to many young latinos. Henceforth, they want to stop immigration of people who are not smart, not educated, and that refuse to assimilate. They recognize that many immigrants are not like that, however, such as the majority of our immigrants from Europe, Asia, and Canada. They sometimes believe in negative stereotypes such as "blacks are lazy, dumb, and incompetent," but are aware that there are exceptions and can spot one when they see one. Bottom-line: they say things that are politically incorrect, but when it comes down to it they, for the most part, do not hate anybody and instead just want what they think is best for America. They are often called "racists" for their opinions, however.

"White Supremicists" are a different breed which I don't think I need to explain.

Anyways, I just wanted to point out the difference for everybody. If you're black, please do not be angry at all White Nationalists, many of whom are voting for Obama because they can spot an exception to racial stereotypes when they see one (I know several, personally, who are). If you're white, please let me know which you are so that I can ignore your posts in the future. :eusa_whistle:

I do not consider myself a White Nationalist, but have some friends that do. I am, however, against illegal immigration, so perhaps I am one. Either way, I hope we can find some middle ground, be sensible about it, and be respectful with each other.

2. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    I'm an unabashed nationalist.

Why would my being White have anything to do with that?

If millions of Finns were coming across our borders I'd be objecting to that, too.

Wouldn't you, Luc1?

Being a patriotic American doesn't have shit to do with race, chum, but everything to do with supporting the ideas upon which this nation was founded.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Nationalism has to do with beliefs in superiority and hyper patriotism. IMHO, very dangerous, not as much so as supremacy of any ilk, but dangerous nevertheless. When one believes that their country has a 'mandate' to , there are problems. Exceptionalism would be a problem, one the US definitely falls into the category of. Yes, we are different, in wealth, population, productivity, natural resources, yet that doesn't negate our being part of the modern world.

Truth is, on a myriad of agendas we downplay our assets: emphasizing our weakness: inability to relate to 2nd, 3rd world nations; bottom up economies; uneducated work force; etc.

We know our weaknesses, including educating the lower socioeconomic groups. We understand the differences within our culture and demographic groups.

4. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    Good distinction, Luc1. I know many folks who are white nationalist or even white separatist, but I have NEVER heard anyone call themselves a "white supremacist." That's a media term. I prefer for myself "white advocate": I don't look to make other races suffer, but I do seek the good for my own race. That's no different from blacks, Jews and Hispanics who make no apologies for doing the same thing.

5. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618

No it doesn't. It could, of course, but it doesn't have to.

Then, using that logic, all nations are inherently dangerous

Depends on the mandate, don't you think?

Every nation is exceptional.

You seem to be confusing nationalism with chauvinism.

Some of us know those things.

We can know them and still be nationalists.

6. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    Right... and existence itself is dangerous. I'm a wee surprised Kathianne has swallowed so much liberal kool-aid on this point...

7. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    Cowards die a thousand deaths, heros die but one.

8. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,423
    :clap2:
    :clap2:

9. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Is there supposed to be some form of logic that can be applied to the above nonsense?

"Nationalist." WHERE does THAT come from? Seems to me you're just trying to repackage racism and call it it something else.

I know what you're TRYING to say. I think you don't.