Why should white people discuss race?

oldunclemark

Nov 1, 2008
They are either..enlighteneed, apologetic and evolved..

or they're still stuck in the past...simple-minded and immoral..

Its an arguement they can only lose. Why be eager to discuss it.?

Because the Internet is this glorious thing that allows for the free flow of ideas! One of which being, hey, races are inherently different and shouldn't be forced to live with each other because it's only a recipe for disaster.

Last I checked, caucasians are classified as a race just as any other. We already can't claim any special status for it as other races can ... now you want to question our right to talk about it too?

You left out an option above: ambivalent.

You appear to be the apologetic type deluded into believing you are enlightened and evolved. There's nothing evolved nor enlightened about apologizing for something you took no part in. Rather, stupid is a much better term.

Tell that to the white college students that died trying to get civil rights for blacks back in the 60's. Tell that to the hundred's of whites throughout our history that fought and died for the freedom of blacks. Tell that to the whites that are married to blacks, hispanics, asians, etc.

Why should white discuss race? Oh I don't know, maybe because we happen to BE a race?

I love that line about "only losing". Reminds me of the idiots that think only whites can be racist.

Tell that to the white college students that died trying to get civil rights for blacks back in the 60's. Tell that to the hundred's of whites throughout our history that fought and died for the freedom of blacks. Tell that to the whites that are married to blacks, hispanics, asians, etc.

Why should white discuss race? Oh I don't know, maybe because we happen to BE a race?

I love that line about "only losing". Reminds me of the idiots that think only whites can be racist.
There's no problem at all with whites or anyone else talking about race. The idea that one kind of person is better than other isn't going to go away tomorrow, and while I know in my heart that Nazi types are totally wrong about their supposed superiority (aren't these the folks who thought it was bad luck to BATHE for around three hundred years?) it will always be fun to have a few of them around. Every fifty years or so, they make it LEGAL to shoot the assholes...

Last I checked, caucasians are classified as a race just as any other. We already can't claim any special status for it as other races can ... now you want to question our right to talk about it too?

You left out an option above: ambivalent.

You appear to be the apologetic type deluded into believing you are enlightened and evolved. There's nothing evolved nor enlightened about apologizing for something you took no part in. Rather, stupid is a much better term.

Same old dumb straw argument by Gunny and denial as well of white privilege. Being black has its "special privileges" such as being pulled over and searched more[Mr. Bass has been a frequent victim of this] longer jail sentences, having irrational towards you because of your skin colour, having the "war on drugs" being focused solely and mostly focused in your neighbourhood, oh yeah, there are special privileges for black and whites have it so damn bad with no special privileges despite controlling all of the wealth in this country.

Same old dumb straw argument by Gunny and denial as well of white privilege. Being black has its "special privileges" such as being pulled over and searched more[Mr. Bass has been a frequent victim of this] longer jail sentences, having irrational towards you because of your skin colour, having the "war on drugs" being focused solely and mostly focused in your neighbourhood, oh yeah, there are special privileges for black and whites have it so damn bad with no special privileges despite controlling all of the wealth in this country.

Same old dumb deflective, racist bullshit from Charles. I think I'll try your line though. I've gotten 2 parking tickets while working a job downtown from a Hispanic female cop while she passed up all the Mexican's cars.

Think I'll go to court and claim race AND gender bias, using your logic as a source. Never mind the fact I WAS illegally parked.

:eusa_boohoo:

Same old dumb deflective, racist bullshit from Charles. I think I'll try your line though. I've gotten 2 parking tickets while working a job downtown from a Hispanic female cop while she passed up all the Mexican's cars.

Think I'll go to court and claim race AND gender bias, using your logic as a source. Never mind the fact I WAS illegally parked.

:eusa_boohoo:

So all the blacks who were/are discriminated against are all wrong, unqualified, criminal not intelligent enough no work hard enough? tall task proving that retard, Mr Bass' claims are grounded in fact and truth which you can't deny unless you're willing to say racism and discrimination don't exist, at which point Mr Bass will say you must be mentally ill like all those other whites and Uncle Thomas house knee-grows who say racism and discrimination don't exist.

So, Obama is just a poor black, right? He had no "special priveledges" in getting into Harvard? He doesn't control any of the wealth of this country? He didn't vote on that bailout bill? There aren't any other blacks in congress?

My niece's father is black. She got a 5 year scholarship to go to college that covered everything including room and board AND a computer, she was not a straight A student in highschool. My nephew, who's father and mother are both white was the valedictorian of his class in highschool. Even with the scholarship he got to go to MIT it cost his parents almost $40,000 a year.

I have another white friend who was accepted into Harvard, even with the scholarship they offered him, he couldn't afford to go. Now he's a professor at Princeton University. Yeah, he didn't give up even though he was just a poor white person who couldn't get help based on his race.

Perhaps you were pulled over because you were black, but maybe it had more to do with your attitude than your race. Were you drunk? Do you seriously believe all those blacks in prison aren't guilty?

Yes, statistics show blacks do spend more time in prison for the same crime as whites..it doesn't show everything, like what those blacks did in prison, their behavior while in prison? Do I believe racism may have something to do with it? Yes. Do I believe racism is the ONLY reason? NO!

Oh, and btw, there are a heck of a lot of black cops, do you honestly think they're pulling blacks over because of their race?

Last edited:
Blacks take crap most of us cannot even imagine having to put up with.

You folks are denying that?

Amazing.

Amazing.

I think I am. Oh, I know racism exists, but let's face it, we've come a long way in this country and I've taken a lot of crap and I'm white. I've been threatened by blacks just for walking up to them in a park. No whites have ever threatened me for doing the same thing. I've heard blacks cry racism when none existed.

One of things I do is find host families for Japanese students. We don't get a whole lot of blacks that agree to share their homes with Japanese students. The ones we do get are wonderful, but those that refuse do so with hatred. "Japanese are racist, I don't want one of those in my home". "Get out of my face, you got no right to talk to me"

I think a lot of those blacks that claim they are having to take crap from whites, probably deserve it, as I've taken a heck of a lot of crap from blacks.

Amazing.

we ALL take shit, dude. In case you haven't noticed white males have become the accepted target lately and, while I am for total equality, im just not in the mood to rationalize racism with the excuses of racism. It's not like we live in an age where white privilege of the past means anything. especially when MOST OF US WHITE PEOPLE are still making the effort to normalize equality.

we ALL take shit, dude. In case you haven't noticed white males have become the accepted target lately and, while I am for total equality, im just not in the mood to rationalize racism with the excuses of racism. It's not like we live in an age where white privilege of the past means anything. especially when MOST OF US WHITE PEOPLE are still making the effort to normalize equality.

White privilege is *STILL* a reality, pull your head out of your rectum you stupid, fake white wannabe liberal, you must be mentally ill to say it doesn't exist.

White privilege is *STILL* a reality, pull your head out of your rectum you stupid, fake white wannabe liberal, you must be mentally ill to say it doesn't exist.

White privilege? I'm still waiting to hear the specifics on this. What privileges are white people given strictly because they're white?

You don't think Blacks don't take more shit than Whites do in the society?

Are you people retarded?

So all the blacks who were/are discriminated against are all wrong, unqualified, criminal not intelligent enough no work hard enough? tall task proving that retard, Mr Bass' claims are grounded in fact and truth which you can't deny unless you're willing to say racism and discrimination don't exist, at which point Mr Bass will say you must be mentally ill like all those other whites and Uncle Thomas house knee-grows who say racism and discrimination don't exist.

Speaking of strawman arguments ... where'd you get THIS little gem from? Your entire comment is based on nothing I have ever said.

Been taking lessons from pantifold, have you? Your response is dumb even by YOUR standards.:lol:

Speaking of strawman arguments ... where'd you get THIS little gem from? Your entire comment is based on nothing I have ever said.

Been taking lessons from pantifold, have you? Your response is dumb even by YOUR standards.:lol:

This mental illness that makes some whites think racism and discrimination don't exist[except when whites are 'denied' something because of affirmative action] is simply astounding.

Forum List

Back