Which is worse - the fate of Hussein or the fate of his sons?

Originally posted by Sir Evil
Ok Nutbag - I dont recall seeing reconstructed bodies, seems to me that they were just shot up.

Let me refresh your memory then

Furthermore, I believe the point of showing the pictures were to let the Iraqi people know that they were indeed dead and can no longer harm them! [/B]

I'm sure Jesus would agree that putting the dead bodies of criminals on display is acceptable.

Originally posted by Patriot54
I think the second one is a more suiting punishment because Saddam Hussein might have to face the families of his victims and the end result might be execution.

I think that for this to be a "punishment", one has to have a conscience. From listening to Saddam's statements over the years, I don't think he cares about those he has murdered and tortured because he believes the acts were justified. Additionally, he apparently believes that he is a superior being to the average muslim and therefore empowered to act in any manner he pleases.

Originally posted by freeandfun1
dead bodies have been put on display since the beginning of time. your point?

What's your point? Slavery and rape has existed since the beginning of time also.

As well as Allah would agree that the video beheadings were acceptable!:rolleyes:

So you do think Jesus likes us putting the dead and mangled bodies of crimninal on public display? OK, well that explains alot about you.

Originally posted by Merlin1047
I don't think he cares about those he has murdered and tortured because he believes the acts were justified.

Just like Bush and the warmongers in America. I have yet to see Bush shed a tear for any of the civilians he killed in Iraq.

Originally posted by posternutbag
So you do think Jesus likes us putting the dead and mangled bodies of crimninal on public display? OK, well that explains alot about you.

dipshit, have you ever been to a funeral?

DOH!

Originally posted by freeandfun1
dipshit, have you ever been to a funeral?

DOH!

Oh, yeah, I've been to a funeral. And they always publish the pictures of the dead bodies in the newspaper next to the obituaries. Yep, putting the pictures of the mangled and dead brothers in the paper was just a like a funeral! I mean, we have funerals to honor the dead and to give loved one's a last chance to see the person before they are buried, and we published the pictures of the dead brothers in the paper to honor ourselves for killing them and to satisfy our lust to see the dead bodies of those we hate. Sounds like the two are EXACTLY the same to me!

Oh, yeah, I've been to a funeral. And they always publish the pictures of the dead bodies in the newspaper next to the obituaries.

He's got ya there.

Actually he has nothing there at all! I am sure the fun1 was referring to the mortician shots that nutbag linked to. I think it is slightly blown out of proportion at this point as the Iraqi people wanted to know these two were dead!

Wrong. He was referring to my idea that putting the dead bodies of criminals on display for the public's satisfaction is not right.

And how do you know what the Iraqi people wanted?

Again, wanna make a big deal out of public showings do it about the beheading for a change!

What for?

Originally posted by Patriot54
OK guys, no slant on this either way - just a simple question.

What is a worse punishment - being killed or facing a war crimes trial?

I think the second one is a more suiting punishment because Saddam Hussein might have to face the families of his victims and the end result might be execution.

I personally think his two sons got off easy.

This was a stupid discussion to begin with.

What's worse, being DEAD or sitting around with 492 lawyers claiming that you are still the President of Iraq?:rolleyes:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Actually he has nothing there at all! I am sure the fun1 was referring to the mortician shots that nutbag linked to. I think it is slightly blown out of proportion at this point as the Iraqi people wanted to know these two were dead!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wrong. He was referring to my idea that putting the dead bodies of criminals on display for the public's satisfaction is not right.

Correct. When people die here we hold funerals for them. We do not put them on display for an extended period of time unless it is to honor them as was the case recently with Reagan. And even then--closed casket.

Sir Evil said:
[/B]
Oh an you know what they want?

No more than you. And you no more than I.

It would be as worthy as what you are currently whining about!

So it is better to concentrate on the faults of others, rather than the faults of oneself? And better to worry more about the faults of other nations, than the faults of our own? I see. We're the good guys. They're the bad guys. Always. It's always like that, and any facts to the contrary should simply be ignored.

posternutbag said:
No more than you. And you no more than I.

So it is better to concentrate on the faults of others, rather than the faults of oneself? And better to worry more about the faults of other nations, than the faults of our own? I see. We're the good guys. They're the bad guys. Always. It's always like that, and any facts to the contrary should simply be ignored.

Perhaps I'm missing something here. How do you get from displaying the corpses to always, (italicized or not) the US being the good guys. ~sarcasm noted~?

Kathianne said:
Perhaps I'm missing something here. How do you get from displaying the corpses to always, (italicized or not) the US being the good guys. ~sarcasm noted~?

Sir Evil will inevitably counter any factual evidence that the U.S. or its agents have done something wrong with a statement such as "well what about the beheadings?" or "what about Hussein gassing his own people?" It's obvious to me that he simply would prefer that facts that cast the U.S. in a negative light should be ignored, so as not to tarnish his fairy tale idea that the U.S. is a morally perfect and supremely righteous nation. Should he choose to respond to this post, I am sure he will similarly attempt to change the subject.

posternutbag said:
Sir Evil will inevitably counter any factual evidence that the U.S. or its agents have done something wrong with a statement such as "well what about the beheadings?" or "what about Hussein gassing his own people?" It's obvious to me that he simply would prefer that facts that cast the U.S. in a negative light should be ignored, so as not to tarnish his fairy tale idea that the U.S. is a morally perfect and supremely righteous nation. Should he choose to respond to this post, I am sure he will similarly attempt to change the subject.

I don't teach little kids, I refuse to get involved in, "But he started it." Besides, he's not here, I am. If you want to post, give all of us something to discuss.

If you have a problem with SE take it up on a pm, he responds quite quickly!

Kathianne said:
I don't teach little kids, I refuse to get involved in, "But he started it." Besides, he's not here, I am. If you want to post, give all of us something to discuss.

If you have a problem with SE take it up on a pm, he responds quite quickly!

I apologize. I was under the impression you had asked for an explanation of my remark to Sir Evil.

posternutbag said:

And how do you know what the Iraqi people wanted?

What for?

in the late 1800's, it was quite common to take pictures of those that were wanted dead or alive in the papers so that the citizenry could know the folks were killed. haven't you ever seen the pictures of the dead criminals laid out on display in front of the county jail? Sure you have.

what about the pictures of Mussolin that were published in the papers?

You forget about all that to support the narrow minded and idiotic position you are holding today.

Forum List

Back