Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hyundai

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kia

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Others (please specify)

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
Yes, 48% sounds a really big figure, so for arguments sake, if you sold 25 cars, you've now sold 37.

You could say sales went up 100%, so now we've sold 2 cars this year.
There are 26 million EVs on the world's roads. They're not going to disappear any time soon.

There are 26 million EVs on the world's roads. They're not going to disappear any time soon.
Let's put that into perspective. There are 1.474 billion vehicles on the planet's roads. You say 26 million are Electric. There are 1.7639077340519% of vehicles on the planet's roads that are electric.

I gave you loads of decimal places to get as many EV's in as I could to appease you.

Let me repeat that, 1.7639077340519%.

Edit - Let's perspective that again. A 48% increase in the world's electric vehicles means that there would be 2.6105834464043% on the roads. Let me repeat that massive figure again, 2.6105834464043%.

Last edited:
Yes, 48% sounds a really big figure, so for arguments sake, if you sold 25 cars, you've now sold 37.

You could say sales went up 100%, so now we've sold 2 cars this year.

What those numbers do is lay the quarterly claim that EV’s are failing to rest.

After being assured that the future of EV’s is crap and everyone is aware of it now, the actual sales figures show that the claims are propaganda.

I don’t know why some people hate the EV’s. I honestly don’t. I don’t know why they are so offended at the idea of someone driving one. But they are.

I’m a truth whore. I’ll take truth from anyone. The future of EV’s is not bleak. It is bright. As more people get them and answer questions from friends and folks around them, the idea that they are an alternative worthy of consideration will spread. For some reason that is intolerable for the EV haters.

What those numbers do is lay the quarterly claim that EV’s are failing to rest.

After being assured that the future of EV’s is crap and everyone is aware of it now, the actual sales figures show that the claims are propaganda.

I don’t know why some people hate the EV’s. I honestly don’t. I don’t know why they are so offended at the idea of someone driving one. But they are.

I’m a truth whore. I’ll take truth from anyone. The future of EV’s is not bleak. It is bright. As more people get them and answer questions from friends and folks around them, the idea that they are an alternative worthy of consideration will spread. For some reason that is intolerable for the EV haters.
I don't mind an alternative to fossil fuel cars and vans. Just give me a comparable convenience model that is the same price or cheaper, that refuels in the same time or quicker, that has the same or better towing capabilities, that has the same or better mileage range, that has the same priced or better priced repair garages behind it, that has the same or better odds of putting a fire out if it bursts into flames , that has the same or better insurance premiums, then sign me up.

Unfortunately, EV's fail on every point, and I'm an EV hater? I suggest you need to get to grasps with the subject.

I thought you would have already known about thermal runaway -

Side note, in the article, it says -

emissions from the transportation sector are larger than any other sector, accounting for approximately 27% of total greenhouse gas emissions in the U.S.

An EV reduces ICE carbon footprint only by 17% to 30%. And 58% of the 27% emission figure are cars and light transport. US transport emissions 1.8bn tons per year, 58% is 1.044bn tons, 17% to 30% is 177mn and 313mn tons, an average of 245mn, and that's if all is electric overnight. Now, you could wiggle the figures either way.

Then you have lorries, ships, jets etc.. to contend with. And whilst the stupid West erode their countries with the electrification crap, the likes of India, China, Africa etc.. will continue to belch out even higher quantities.
TR sounds serious but it is rare there are solutions so I'm not particularly worried.

India has coal but not oil, as I recall, but even it is concerned with air quality in its many cities. New Delhi can get really smoggy. They are slowly moving towards EVs only where it is worst.

TR sounds serious but it is rare there are solutions so I'm not particularly worried.

India has coal but not oil, as I recall, but even it is concerned with air quality in its many cities. New Delhi can get really smoggy. They are slowly moving towards EVs only where it is worst.

The EV dream is expensive and inconvenient, so third world countries can't/won't entertain them, developing countries could/might entertain a tiny percentage, and they have to force them onto the majority in developed countries via legalisation to say how fantastic they are.

Anthropogenic origin of global warming is an unproven conjecture because it's just based on general circulation models (complex computer programs in laymen terms), but here we are!!

It's getting to the point where, if you don't buy into this fantastic opportunity that benefits you, you will be fined and jailed. That's not a system that anyone should be living under, so I feel sorry for the population that live in North Korea. The West are drifting from it's democracy ideology.

The EV dream is expensive and inconvenient, so third world countries can't/won't entertain them, developing countries could/might entertain a tiny percentage, and they have to force them onto the majority in developed countries via legalisation to say how fantastic they are.
The air in Delhi was pretty foul and, for residents, very unhealthy. India is being rational in moving to EVs there.

Anthropogenic origin of global warming is an unproven conjecture because it's just based on general circulation models (complex computer programs in laymen terms), but here we are!!
Proofs are only in math. The majority of climate scientists agree the evidence points to AGW. Feel free to deny the science.

It's getting to the point where, if you don't buy into this fantastic opportunity that benefits you, you will be fined and jailed. That's not a system that anyone should be living under, so I feel sorry for the population that live in North Korea. The West are drifting from it's democracy ideology.
In the US, we've had mandatory car inspections as long as I can remember and part of that is an emission check. If your vehicle spits out too much pollution, you will not be able to drive it. Those are rules people have democratically endorsed.

ICYDK, it's dodging and non-answers like this that make you unpopular here.
This isn't a popularity contest. And if you and others can't figure out what kind of predictable surprises will occur with widespread adoption of EV's, I probably can't help you because your intelligence level is too low for you to learn anything. As it stands right now, I am having to repeat the same thing over and over again with you because you keep asking me the same questions over and over again.

I'll take that to mean you don't have an answer. Thanks.
Seriously? You can't see electric generation and transmission issues in the future? I have to tell you that for you know it? You couldn't figure that one out on your own? Do I need to tell you the next predictable surprise too? Or would you like to take a stab at it on your own?

Seriously? You can't see electric generation and transmission issues in the future? I have to tell you that for you know it? You couldn't figure that one out on your own? Do I need to tell you the next predictable surprise too? Or would you like to take a stab at it on your own?
If you don't know the answers just say so, don't ask me to fill in your blanks for you. I don't see any insurmountable issues, if you do explain, if you don't, don't put it back on me. That is like trying to impeach Biden and hoping a justification will be found later.

Tesla gets my vote, as they have continued problems and really don't give a rats ass about their customers as soon as those suckers drive off the lot...

China forced a recall, while America and Europe refuse to do so.

Never mind the battery issues, as the car is structurally unsound.
Suspension failure on brand new vehicles and blaming customers is a sure way to lose future business.

Engineering by committee always fails.
More safety issues and recalls...
Last week Tesla recalled all 2.03 million of its vehicles on U.S. roads, its largest action in the country to replace or fix a defective product. The recall was to install new safeguards in its Autopilot advanced driver-assistance system, after NHTSA cited safety concerns.Dec 22, 2023

Tesla recalls 120,000 vehicles over doors that could unlock in crash​

This piece of crap vehicle is dangerous to everyone on the road.

More safety issues and recalls...
Last week Tesla recalled all 2.03 million of its vehicles on U.S. roads, its largest action in the country to replace or fix a defective product. The recall was to install new safeguards in its Autopilot advanced driver-assistance system, after NHTSA cited safety concerns.Dec 22, 2023

Tesla recalls 120,000 vehicles over doors that could unlock in crash​

This piece of crap vehicle is dangerous to everyone on the road.
Just don't use autopilot.

Proofs are only in math. The majority of climate scientists agree the evidence points to AGW. Feel free to deny the science.

You mean, Political Scientists.

Do you deny this chart by scientists -

Screenshot_20230908-163041.png

You mean, Political Scientists.

Do you deny this chart by scientists -

View attachment 881930
Which scientists? It is a pretty graphic but meaningless without a context.

For example:

Scientific Consensus: Earth's Climate Is Warming​

world-of-agreement-768px-border.jpg

It’s important to remember that scientists always focus on the evidence, not on opinions. Scientific evidence continues to show that human activities (primarily the human burning of fossil fuels) have warmed Earth’s surface and its ocean basins, which in turn have continued to impact Earth’s climate. This is based on over a century of scientific evidence forming the structural backbone of today's civilization.

Forum List

Back