POLL: Do You Own an EV (Electric Vehicle)?

Do you own an ā€œEVā€?

• No! I donā€™t want that crap!

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • Yes. I am an idiot.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No. I cannot afford one and I am an idiot who would buy one.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lord Long Rod

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2023
I think it is cute how the leftists and electric car industry have dubbed these things as ā€œEVsā€. They are battery powered cars, which, of course, makes them sound like toys. I guess they are toys on some level. They are toys for the greenies to play with and for those greenie schmucks who love to smell their own farts to use for virtue signaling.

I donā€™t think that most of EV dorks even realize that the electricity used to charge the battery are created by coal burning plants. Whatā€™s going to happen when the eliminate coal? Nuclear power could go a long way to replace coal. You t will cost a lot of money to do this, but it can be done. But, we know that there is a ton of leftist greenies who have been suckered so far into the climate cult with their irrational beliefs that they will vehemently oppose nuclear because they are worried they will blow up and harm Mother Earth.

Well, thatā€™s about it. Solar and wind energy comes nowhere close to meeting our demands, especially if everyone starts driving these stupid EVs. These things, as widespread replacements for gas cars, requires the mindless magical thinking that is so typical on the left. They do not know where the electricity comes from to charge their cars, nor do they care. All they know is that they plug it in for an hour and then it goes. In the meantime they drink a latte and watch TicToc videos on their phones.

Hydro power is safe and reliable. However, due to environmental laws you are not going to build anymore dams impounding rivers and creating lakes. The current hydropower dams are nowhere near able to meet the demands of the entire country. Again, leftist-Progs have no concern over this. They plan on just having positive thoughts and just kind of willing it to be by selecting politicians who make them feel good about themselves.

I think it is cute how the leftists and electric car industry have dubbed these things as ā€œEVsā€. They are battery powered cars, which, of course, makes them sound like toys. I guess they are toys on some level. They are toys for the greenies to play with and for those greenie schmucks who love to smell their own farts to use for virtue signaling.

I donā€™t think that most of EV dorks even realize that the electricity used to charge the battery are created by coal burning plants. Whatā€™s going to happen when the eliminate coal? Nuclear power could go a long way to replace coal. You t will cost a lot of money to do this, but it can be done. But, we know that there is a ton of leftist greenies who have been suckered so far into the climate cult with their irrational beliefs that they will vehemently oppose nuclear because they are worried they will blow up and harm Mother Earth.

Well, thatā€™s about it. Solar and wind energy comes nowhere close to meeting our demands, especially if everyone starts driving these stupid EVs. These things, as widespread replacements for gas cars, requires the mindless magical thinking that is so typical on the left. They do not know where the electricity comes from to charge their cars, nor do they care. All they know is that they plug it in for an hour and then it goes. In the meantime they drink a latte and watch TicToc videos on their phones.

Hydro power is safe and reliable. However, due to environmental laws you are not going to build anymore dams impounding rivers and creating lakes. The current hydropower dams are nowhere near able to meet the demands of the entire country. Again, leftist-Progs have no concern over this. They plan on just having positive thoughts and just kind of willing it to be by selecting politicians who make them feel good about themselves.
I think I have at least three EVs in a box in the attic, with controllers, chargers and batteries left over from when the boys still lived at home.

I can't really see getting one until the range drastically increases, charge time radically decreases, and there is suitable infrastructure in place. I suppose a hybrid would make sense at this time. An EV would probably be fine for tooling around town, but why pay for a car just to do that?

Yep....they will all gather round and do the tippy-tappy....happy-happy....booty dance until the lights go out.

Electrical cars and trucks is pretty much a no-go.

Things lighter than that might could work, though.

Like, 1/2 the weight of a car or less and Battery propulsion becomes viable with the current technology.

• Banned
I can't really see getting one until the range drastically increases, charge time radically decreases, and there is suitable infrastructure in place. I suppose a hybrid would make sense at this time. An EV would probably be fine for tooling around town, but why pay for a car just to do that?
I mean, why not just buy a gasoline or diesel automobile?

Electrical cars and trucks is pretty much a no-go.

Things lighter than that might could work, though.

Like, 1/2 the weight of a car or less and Battery propulsion becomes viable with the current technology.
Shipping will always be diesel.
At least until a portable fusion engine gets developed.

Air travel will always be gas turbine. There's no other way to produce so much power density for large aircraft.

exactly. EV's are impractical at this stage of development. It will be interesting to see where things are at in 10 years, but I wouldn't waste my money on one now.
I mean, itā€™s a battery car. How much better can it get?

Forum List

Back