Where is heaven? Where is Hell?

Do you believe in the existence of Heaven and Hell?

• Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have no data concerning the afterlife either way. Yes, no, maybe so. I tend to think it's lights out at death and that's that until the Heat Death of the Universe.

That said, I find the idea of Hell being an eternal torment to be at odds with a God of Love. Punishment exists to teach. If one cannot be punished and then redeemed after death, then what good is Hell? God becomes little more than a mobster who says "I offered you my protection and you rejected it, so here's an eternity with my goons. Enjoy." That doesn't sound very loving to me. It sound more like an abusive husband who beats on his wife and says "Baby I love you. Why do you make me hit you?"

I suspect if a Hell exists, it is simply an absence of God.

God doesn't want any human to go to hell, and that is why Christ came and suffered on the cross. However, God also has to allow humans to decide for themselves where they wish to go. They choose to go to hell by rejecting God's Salvation. That decision comes with eternal consequences.

I agree with Politico
If you need them, they are real
I don't need them so I don't believe in them

I have no data concerning the afterlife either way. Yes, no, maybe so. I tend to think it's lights out at death and that's that until the Heat Death of the Universe.

That said, I find the idea of Hell being an eternal torment to be at odds with a God of Love. Punishment exists to teach. If one cannot be punished and then redeemed after death, then what good is Hell? God becomes little more than a mobster who says "I offered you my protection and you rejected it, so here's an eternity with my goons. Enjoy." That doesn't sound very loving to me. It sound more like an abusive husband who beats on his wife and says "Baby I love you. Why do you make me hit you?"

God doesn't want any human to go to hell, and that is why Christ came and suffered on the cross. However, God also has to allow humans to decide for themselves where they wish to go. They choose to go to hell by rejecting God's Salvation. That decision comes with eternal consequences.

So does embracing barbaric human sacrifice and the notion that you should profit from God having his son needlessly murdered.

I am not an atheist but Satan and Christians want atheists to embrace barbaric human sacrifice and the notion that we should profit from punishing the innocent instead of the guilty and here you are preaching for Satan. Shame on you.

In reality, if God did demand such a barbaric sacrifice, he would be sinning.

He would know that barbaric human sacrifice is immoral.

You do too. Right?

Those with good morals will know that no noble and gracious God would demand the sacrifice of a so called son just to prove it's benevolence.

When you die, Satan will ask you; How was your ticket to heaven purchased? With innocent blood?

When you say yes, you become his.

Regards
DL

Heaven and Hell, fact or fantasy?

I believe as this Bishop does but I am not a Christian. I am the opposite in moral values to what a Christian is as they have a double standard. I am a Gnostic Christian.

There is a heaven but no hell.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF6I5VSZVqc]'Hell' as an invention of the church - YouTube[/ame]

Regards
DL

So does embracing barbaric human sacrifice and the notion that you should profit from God having his son needlessly murdered.

I am not an atheist but Satan and Christians want atheists to embrace barbaric human sacrifice and the notion that we should profit from punishing the innocent instead of the guilty and here you are preaching for Satan. Shame on you.

You do too. Right?

Those with good morals will know that no noble and gracious God would demand the sacrifice of a so called son just to prove it's benevolence.

When you die, Satan will ask you; How was your ticket to heaven purchased? With innocent blood?

Regards
DL

God never sponsored human sacrifice. The Son of God gave up his life. No one took it from him. And the fact remains that without the shedding of blood there can be no remission of sin. Satan doesn't ask anything of Christians. He controls only his own flock. Jesus himself stated that only GOD is good. A man is only righteous as far as he depends on God and not his own abilities. But righteousness is different than goodness.

I believe as this Bishop does but I am not a Christian. I am the opposite in moral values to what a Christian is as they have a double standard. I am a Gnostic Christian.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF6I5VSZVqc]'Hell' as an invention of the church - YouTube[/ame]

Regards
DL

Things either are or are not. Heaven and hell are a reality or they are not. It has nothing to do with what some "bishop" thinks or says. The Bible clearly has more to say about hell than of heaven. Jesus spoke more about hell than heaven. I hardly think that a place that doesn't exist is worthy of such attention. Hell was created for the fallen angels to stay. It was with the Fall of Adam and Eve that some fallen angels were given a time to live outside of hell. However, they will eventually return to hell, and all those that they have been able to command, will go there with them.

Last edited:
Things either are or are not. Heaven and hell are a reality or they are not. It has nothing to do with what some "bishop" thinks or says. The Bible clearly has more to say about hell than of heaven. Jesus spoke more about hell than heaven. I hardly think that a place that doesn't exist is worthy of such attention. Hell was created for the fallen angels to stay. It was with the Fall of Adam and Eve that some fallen angels were given a time to live outside of hell. However, they will eventually return to hell, and all those that they have been able to command, will go there with them.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Bishop-Wrong-Scholars-Challenge-Shelby/dp/0819217263/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379725574&sr=8-1&keywords=can+a+bishop+be+wrong"]Can a Bishop Be Wrong? Ten Scholars Challenge John Shelby Spong[/ame] by Peter Moore (Mar 1, 1998)

Read the book.

Where is heaven? Is it a place? Is it in our imagination? Is it a concept of mind signifying a deeper underlying meaning? Likewise, where is hell?

Looking forward to your reply.

With all due respect. It's laid out Revelations.

Read the book.

Everything will answer your questions.

You do too. Right?

Regards
DL

God never sponsored human sacrifice. The Son of God gave up his life. No one took it from him. And the fact remains that without the shedding of blood there can be no remission of sin. Satan doesn't ask anything of Christians. He controls only his own flock. Jesus himself stated that only GOD is good. A man is only righteous as far as he depends on God and not his own abilities. But righteousness is different than goodness.

So God made himself a make work project by keeping man forever dependant on him.

What a prick.

Would you do that immoral prickly thing to your children?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Except that A & E did not fall.

They were elevated as the Jewish and true version and interpretation of their book shows.

If you are to usurp their God you should also take the story that goes with him.

Steal it all, not just half.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back