Where does one find "real news "?

Here is a wild idea. How about the news shows try to make it through a 60 minute segment without mentioning Trump once. I know this is a radical idea but maybe the time has come for a Trump free hour on the news.

Here is a wild idea. How about the news shows try to make it through a 60 minute segment without mentioning Trump once. I know this is a radical idea but maybe the time has come for a Trump free hour on the news.

That would be like the 'Playboy Channel' (is that still a thing?) having an hour of no breasts. People tune in to see them and why disappoint your viewers?

There is no single source, but, generally, stay away from the mainstream news. Reuters is decent. For any one story, read multiple articles and watch multiple YouTube videos about it to get a complete picture.

I agree. Get it from all over .

But Reuters is not msm? How do u figure ?
As long as the news is coming from an organization that names it's sources and can be verified, it should be ok. Any story that does not name sources is always to be taken with a grain of salt. If the organization has multiple unnamed sources, that's better but still not as good as named sources. If a news organization prints retractions when they make mistakes that's an indication of a reputable news source. The junk web sites just ignore mistakes as if they never happened because they don't care if they are writing the truth. All they are concerned about is sensational headlines that generates hits on their websites that other sites will pick up. That's how they make money.

Lastly and most important, readers today must determine for themselves what is an opinion piece and what is factual news reporting. Before the internet it was pretty easy. Opinion pieces appeared on the editorial page. On the internet there is no editorial page so opinion and real news may be side by side and it's up to the reader to determine the difference.

I think it's very unfair to call an article that is clearly the writers opinion, false news. Most talk radio as well as a number of TV political commentaries are just stating opinions and are usually pretty one sided. Is that false news? No, because it's not news. It just someone's opinion. Often no better than yours or mine.

Good points. I've suggested that Cable News especially, should be required to air disclaimers every hour informing viewers that what they're broadcasting isn't 'News', but rather opinion information. That would be the honest credible thing to do.

The big problem is, especially with Democrat Media, is that it attempts to pass off 'Opinion Propaganda' as 'News' and 'Journalism.' They should be required to advise viewers that it is all opinion information. I think a requirement like that could be incredibly helpful.

No CNN and NYT (except for entertainment and arts)..

I've got Townhall.com as news page and Fox News, Drudgereport, Breitbart online, ABC News, MSNBC and NBC News. Maybe I'll go CBS News for sports. I try to avoid Yahoo now.

That would be like the 'Playboy Channel' (is that still a thing?) having an hour of no breasts. People tune in to see them and why disappoint your viewers?
Television news is just like all the rest of the networks programming; they tell a story their watchers want to hear. TV networks don't consider news broadcasting a public service. It is just like any other program that must maintain it's rating which means it must tell stories their viewers are interested in watching.

Last edited:
Television news just like all the rest of the networks programming; they tell a story their watchers want to hear.

As do newspapers, blogs, online news, and supermarket give-away circulars. They tell their watchers/readers what they want to hear AND more often and more importantly, what they want them to hear.

there was this lady at the last trump rally. She's being interviewed by the news and goes off how she doesn't believe the news "cause it's all fake ".

Really ? She's on the news? Should I not believe she exists ? If she watches herself on the newscast does she think "that's not me!!!"

These people remind of of those who don't believe in medicine .

My question : where DO they get their news!? Not from time tested /trusted news orgs. Then what's left?
Some people use logic and critical reasoning skills.

Do you?

Reuters is decent.
Reuters is absolute frothing at the mouth, ultra prog biased, full Trump derangement syndrome. They might not have the same level of lies as CNN, but they write their crap bashing president Trump just as rabid as all the rest of the fake news democrat propaganda trash machine does.

To far rightwing radical Republican Trump supporters, "fake news" is anything they deem disagreeable and/or uncomfortable.

For everyone else, fake news is information from a source that is purposely deceitful and/or misleading.

Someone mentioned a very powerful point in here, that you can tell a real news source by how they treat their mistakes. If they stop, do a mea culpa, retract, etc. they're a real news and journalistic establishment. However, if they totally ignore any and all mistakes and trudge through their "news" as if nothing happened, then you know it's a fake news operation, aka propaganda operation going on.

So just reflect on who does and who doesn't offer retractions. If a so-called news operation never had a retraction, so-called because they always get it right, you know that's a propaganda outfit, as nobody's perfect. That goes for organizations as well.

To far rightwing radical Republican Trump supporters, "fake news" is anything they deem disagreeable and/or uncomfortable.

For everyone else, fake news is information from a source that is purposely deceitful and/or misleading.

Someone mentioned a very powerful point in here, that you can tell a real news source by how they treat their mistakes. If they stop, do a mea culpa, retract, etc. they're a real news and journalistic establishment. However, if they totally ignore any and all mistakes and trudge through their "news" as if nothing happened, then you know it's a fake news operation, aka propaganda operation going on.

So just reflect on who does and who doesn't offer retractions. If a so-called news operation never had a retraction, so-called because they always get it right, you know that's a propaganda outfit, as nobody's perfect. That goes for organizations as well.

These are who I currently trust.

However, this list is the very outlets that Trumpsters deem "fake news"

1. The New York Times
2. The Wall Street Journal
3. The Washington Post
4. BBC
5. The Economist
6. The New Yorker
7. Wire Services: The Associated Press, Reuters, Bloomberg News
8. Foreign Affairs
9. The Atlantic
10. Politico

Thanks to President Donald J. Trump, we're in a post-truth world now.

All news organisations are biased towards a particular agenda. Entertainment news such as cable and network news are biased in favour of higher ratings.sensationalism. State-sponsored news organisations (such as RBT, BBC, PBS) also have state-sponsored agendas. The Penny Saver is biased to attract readers who are scared of Craigslist.

This isn't a new phenomenon, all news has always been biased for as long as it has existed.
Follow the bouncing $.

From what I see, local stations are the best TV news sources. Wall Street Journal may be the only mainstream newspaper with integrity. Commentators are mostly worthless, especially those leaning left.

These are who I currently trust.

However, this list is the very outlets that Trumpsters deem "fake news"

1. The New York Times
2. The Wall Street Journal
3. The Washington Post
4. BBC
5. The Economist
6. The New Yorker
7. Wire Services: The Associated Press, Reuters, Bloomberg News
8. Foreign Affairs
9. The Atlantic
10. Politico

Thanks to President Donald J. Trump, we're in a post-truth world now.
Probably the most unbiased news outlet is CSPAN because they don't have news commentators. BBC is excellent for international news.

there was this lady at the last trump rally. She's being interviewed by the news and goes off how she doesn't believe the news "cause it's all fake ".

Really ? She's on the news? Should I not believe she exists ? If she watches herself on the newscast does she think "that's not me!!!"

These people remind of of those who don't believe in medicine .

My question : where DO they get their news!? Not from time tested /trusted news orgs. Then what's left?

Whats time tested / trusted news organizations?

View attachment 136228

Technically the best news is the sources the mainstream media actually has. Often time the root Intel is the best source its just not readily available to most. That beind said, read everything! Watch everything from every perspective. Alot of people hate on cnn, but 99.8% of the news they give is real news just biased. Fox news and many other media outlets exhibit some bias in varying degrees. Ironically speaking, the best way to avoid fake news; is to read all the news from all the sources.

Forum List

Back