Where are the Fiscal Conservatives? GOP Tax Bill Adds $1.7T to Debt

RDD_1210

Forms his own opinions
May 13, 2010
"The GOP’s tax bill would add $1.7 trillion to the national debt over the course of a decade, and increase the country’s debt-to-GDP ratio by 5.9 percentage points, according to the Congressional Budget Office."

GOP tax bill would add $1.7 trillion to debt: CBO

So where are those tea party conservatives that ran on a very strict ‘we will not add to the federal debt/deficit!’

Clearly, that policy does not apply to tax breaks for corporations and the already wealthy.

Because they don’t care ! They are a bunch of liars who will say anything to get elected .

Look at all the things Trump said last year. BS.

Because they don’t care ! They are a bunch of liars who will say anything to get elected .

Look at all the things Trump said last year. BS.

Of course they don't care. It's funny to watch them flaunt their hypocrisy and pretend they have morals and standards. Nope.

And the idiots on this site defend them!

Republicans rejected "Pay as you go" legislation.

They passed the largest expansion to Medicare without properly funded it. It adds to the deficit every year since.

Like the Bush tax cuts did.

If the Republicans really want to get elected they would start eliminating cuts for the wealthy until the bill is debt neutral.

They passed the largest expansion to Medicare without properly funded it. It adds to the deficit every year since.

If the Republicans really want to get elected they would start eliminating cuts for the wealthy until the bill is debt neutral.

I don't remember when Obama tried to repeal it. Do you?

The responsible thing to do is pay down debt when times are good . Because we know the economy goes in cycles .

He’s not a fiscal conservative is he ?

Obama included taxes to pay for ObamaCare.

When the Republicans created their own trillion dollar government medical entitlement plan, they did not raise the revenues to pay for it.

Like RealDave said, they rejected pay as you go. In fact, they REPEALED PayGo as soon as they got the chance, and exploded our debt.

The stench of hypocrisy sticks to the GOP.

Looks like your tu quoque "B-b-b-b-but Obama!" bullshit doesn't fly! :lol:

Policy Basics: The “Pay-As-You-Go” Budget Rule

In the late 1990s, however, Congress and the President began waiving PAYGO in response to the booming economy and several years of budget surpluses. In 2001 they waived PAYGO enforcement and approved very large tax cuts without offsets — a sharp departure from PAYGO discipline. This set the stage for other PAYGO exceptions. In 2002 Congress allowed PAYGO to expire, facilitating the passage of deficit-increasing tax and entitlement legislation over the next several years, including the 2003 tax cuts and the Medicare prescription drug bill.

Trump never campaigned on shrinking our debt. The tards suddenly didn't give a shit about our debt when it came to Trump.

I honestly do not know what the fucking pseudocon tards actually stand for, other than "If someone has a D after their name, they can never do anything right, but if they have an R after their name, they can never do wrong."

They are the most unprincipled people I have ever seen in my life.

Obama added 10 trillion and I don't see any complaints from you.
I have posted literally HUNDREDS of posts about the debt, dipshit.

And I don't just complain about it like you tards do. I offer up solutions.

"The GOP’s tax bill would add $1.7 trillion to the national debt over the course of a decade, and increase the country’s debt-to-GDP ratio by 5.9 percentage points, according to the Congressional Budget Office."

So where are those tea party conservatives that ran on a very strict ‘we will not add to the federal debt/deficit!’

Clearly, that policy does not apply to tax breaks for corporations and the already wealthy.

First static scoring is BS, you can't discount the growth this bill will cause. Second debt and deficit are two different animals. The deficit is calculated against the budget which only accounts for about 30% of federal spending. Off budget spending accounts for most of the debt.

Trump never campaigned on shrinking our debt. The tards suddenly didn't give a shit about our debt when it came to Trump.

I honestly do not know what the fucking pseudocon tards actually stand for, other than "If someone has a D after their name, they can never do anything right, but if they have an R after their name, they can never do wrong."

Same as dems. Two worthless parties.

First static scoring is BS, you can't discount the growth this bill will cause. Second debt and deficit are two different animals. The deficit is calculated against the budget which only accounts for about 30% of federal spending. Off budget spending accounts for most of the debt.

Yeah, just keep denying Trump and GOP will add to the debt with their plan. :lol:

If the name "Obama" was in this picture, you'd be howling and grinding your teeth.

"If someone has a D after their name, they can never do anything right, but if they have an R after their name, they can never do wrong."

The GOP had a golden opportunity to get this country back on track. Instead, the fucking tards chose a Democrat-in-pseudocon clothing bigoted huckster retard.

They blew it last time, too. In 2000.

The GOP had a golden opportunity to get this country back on track. Instead, the fucking tards chose a Democrat-in-pseudocon clothing bigoted huckster retard.

They blew it last time, too. In 2000.

Both blew it in 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012. Debt rose 16 trillion over that period.

Obama added 10 trillion and I don't see any complaints from you.
I have posted literally HUNDREDS of posts about the debt, dipshit.

And I don't just complain about it like you tards do. I offer up solutions.

Neither party cares about what your solutions. You're just their serf. Lol.
Actually, there are fiscal conservatives who are trying to kick the can in the right direction. This tax bill does a fairly good job on the individual tax reform side, but the corporate side is a royal ass rape of the American people. That's where the deficit is coming from.

There are shitheads in the propaganda mills who will try to blame it on the individual tax reforms, but the real crimes are hidden on the corporate side.

Forum List

Back